Serge Darveau

Pictures of DMG products at home.

4 minutes ago, Ian Coyle said:

I found a company that will custom make wooden phone cases with exotics, now to choose what I want from their bocote stock... Might have to pull the trigger on a piece featuring that sap wood stripe... It's a bit more than the that was posted earlier though, I think $150 or something for it.

boco.jpg

Oh my, don't tell @tgpumpkin... :D

24 minutes ago, Ian Coyle said:

Yeah, that's what I'm leaning towards

Good choice. How do they hold the phone in them? Is there a rubber insert?

43 minutes ago, Ian Coyle said:

I found a company that will custom make wooden phone cases with exotics, now to choose what I want from their bocote stock... Might have to pull the trigger on a piece featuring that sap wood stripe... It's a bit more than the that was posted earlier though, I think $150 or something for it.

boco.jpg

Ooh nice! So those are cut from a solid piece with some sort of rubber gasket then?  Mine is just a veneer.  A solid piece of wood in hand would feel awesome.

12 minutes ago, Konas said:

Good choice. How do they hold the phone in them? Is there a rubber insert?

Their description:

This wood case for the iPhone X is carefully crafted from a single piece of bocote wood. Bocote is a dense, sturdy and luxurious wood, known for its beautiful grain patterns and a great natural luster. 

A one-of-a-kind handmade wood case is the perfect complement to your new iPhone X. These gorgeous, solid wood iPhone cases feature:

• A slim profile with clickable wood buttons
  • Strong all-natural protection with full access to the Lightning port
  • Snug fit with premium ultra-suede lining
  • Full compatibility with wireless charging

Grain and color variations make every case unique. Hand-sanded silky smooth and rubbed with a two part finish, this case is artisan made.

I mean, if you guys wanted to get into this market, I would be more than happy to wait and send my money to you guys. I'd much rather do that.

1 minute ago, LuckyIke said:

Ooh nice! So those are cut from a solid piece with some sort of rubber gasket then?  Mine is just a veneer.  A solid piece of wood in hand would feel awesome.

Yeah, I put a description in the above post. The Bocote cases are $169.00, and they offer some other woods including some that are spalted or burled.

3 minutes ago, Ian Coyle said:

Their description:

This wood case for the iPhone X is carefully crafted from a single piece of bocote wood. Bocote is a dense, sturdy and luxurious wood, known for its beautiful grain patterns and a great natural luster. 

A one-of-a-kind handmade wood case is the perfect complement to your new iPhone X. These gorgeous, solid wood iPhone cases feature:

Grain and color variations make every case unique. Hand-sanded silky smooth and rubbed with a two part finish, this case is artisan made.

I mean, if you guys wanted to get into this market, I would be more than happy to wait and send my money to you guys. I'd much rather do that.

The DMG engravings from the dice towers would probably translate really nicely to phone cases...just saying.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, yatescory said:

I have been very seriously debating getting the padauk squid tray or the leopardwood flail, but I'm talking myself out of it.  Please start making more castles or dragons DMG!  I'm a sucker for those.

@yatescory we have similar tastes.  Those are the two styles I'm most eyeing as well.  I know I keep speaking about a castle but a dragon done in the right wood might capture my money instead.  

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, LuckyIke said:

wood iPhone 7 Case -top view - bocote- Lifestyle

There's a side view, it may just be lined with just enough suede to create enough of a friction fit to keep the phone snug inside the wood case.

Edited by Ian Coyle

36 minutes ago, Ian Coyle said:

wood iPhone 7 Case -top view - bocote- Lifestyle

There's a side view, it may just be lined with just enough suede to create enough of a friction fit to keep the phone snug inside the wood case.

Oh.. man... this is rude! Now I want one! Just imagine going camping with that... So aesthetic...

47 minutes ago, Ian Coyle said:

Their description:

Not at the moment. I hate to say no to a wood product but we are pretty swamped at the moment. Happy to see you support another wood company. Just don't tell them about wooden game accessories...

4 minutes ago, Konas said:

Not at the moment. I hate to say no to a wood product but we are pretty swamped at the moment. Happy to see you support another wood company. Just don't tell them about wooden game accessories...

The beautiful thing about phone cases (for creators) is you will always need another in a year or two even if your previous case didn't break or you didn't get bored with it.

1 minute ago, Ian Coyle said:

I don't want @tgpumpkin to feel singled out, so I'm going to harass @Barb Bliss with their rosewood offering too

rosewood.jpg

Why does this look like Chechen to me?? O.o Am I crazy?

Although it may be a different rosewood than ours... there's a lot out there.

5 minutes ago, Zoe said:

It does resemble Chechen. They could have it mislabeled I guess, but that's the image that pulls when I select Rosewood for the wood. Their image file references rosewood for it too, so they would have to think it's rosewood too. They call it wavy Rosewood

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zoe said:

Per The Wood Database on the interwebs, "Because of its density, natural luster, and beautiful coloration, Chechen is sometimes referred to as Caribbean Rosewood, though it is not a true rosewood in the Dalbergia genus."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ian Coyle said:

It does resemble Chechen. They could have it mislabeled I guess, but that's the image that pulls when I select Rosewood for the wood. Their image file references rosewood for it too, so they would have to think it's rosewood too. They call it wavy Rosewood

Chechen is called Caribbean Rosewood as well. Every wood has about 6 names.

1 minute ago, Adam said:

Per The Wood Database on the interwebs, "Because of its density, natural luster, and beautiful coloration, Chechen is sometimes referred to as Caribbean Rosewood, though it is not a true rosewood in the Dalbergia genus."

Damn. You beat me.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Konas said:

Chechen is called Caribbean Rosewood as well. Every wood has about 6 names.

I would be that is the case then.

Cool. So I'm not crazy. Surprise!