Serge Darveau

Pictures of DMG products at home.

2 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I'm taking Friday afternoon off to watch the basketball game.  Saturday night at Jaemus' for games.  Sunday afternoon here.  I hope to get in a game of Livestock Uprising.

Don't judge too harshly. We were mere babes in the woods at that stage. Play with four if you can. If 2, play with 2 teams each. It's a lot better that way. It's way too linear. That's the biggest problem. But the Command cards help. And the big ones when you Super Army are very solid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Konas said:

Don't judge too harshly. We were mere babes in the woods at that stage. Play with four if you can. If 2, play with 2 teams each. It's a lot better that way. It's way too linear. That's the biggest problem. But the Command cards help. And the big ones when you Super Army are very solid.

I've enjoyed looking at the artwork.  Was that you?

2 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I've enjoyed looking at the artwork.  Was that you?

Yes. My favorite is General Black Angus. Far left

header.png

• Like 2

On 2/21/2018 at 2:40 PM, Barb Bliss said:

As promised, my precious shake down cruise from Monday.  Barb is the Queen of Lisboa!  Note that I played orange, and the significant lead I had over purple and yellow!  I only had 4 "stores" compared to 6 and 7 for the boys, but public buildings and decree cards crushed them.

image.thumb.png.199cd0594a97639337a0b1979a7bb46f.png

image.png.d8e19ccd827dd6fa2983250d19f66519.png

@Barb Bliss just got confirmation that my copy of Lisboa delivered today. Now I have the Lacerda trio of Lisboa, Vinhos and The Gallerist! (Provided none of you swing by my house before I get home from work and steal it off my porch that is)

1 minute ago, Adam said:

@Barb Bliss just got confirmation that my copy of Lisboa delivered today. Now I have the Lacerda trio of Lisboa, Vinhos and The Gallerist! (Provided none of you swing by my house before I get home from work and steal it off my porch that is)

Sweet.  There are play thru videos on youtube.  they are definitely worth a watch before playing.

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

Sweet.  There are play thru videos on youtube.  they are definitely worth a watch before playing.

For sure. I've had to with all his games. There is a guy who's channel name is slickerdrips on YouTube who is very good. He was the one who made The Gallerist click for me after watching Rodney and Rahdo.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmtyR1piEzGwYR5cfHo_VTQ

I bit on a spooky ghost box for a little surprise present for my daughter.  She can use it to hold her “game pieces” which include all kinds of random bits and bobbles that happened to catch her two-year-old eye.

I have been very seriously debating getting the padauk squid tray or the leopardwood flail, but I'm talking myself out of it.  Please start making more castles or dragons DMG!  I'm a sucker for those.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, yatescory said:

I have been very seriously debating getting the padauk squid tray or the leopardwood flail, but I'm talking myself out of it.  Please start making more castles or dragons DMG!  I'm a sucker for those.

The tentacles one is so awesome though! The color of the padauk when sculpted is so unique.

Speaking of the tentacles theme, my phone case is Wenge with an octopus, and I love itF8BE6D94-622C-440F-90D4-FF223BEAC4B0.jpeg.5e9acf9b1bef7f3205d74ad9e7aafee7.jpeg

(pic from the site, as I’d have a hard time using the phone to take a picture of itself)

Edited by LuckyIke
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ian Coyle said:

Which site did you get that from Ike?

It was a Christmas present from Mrs. Ike.  She got it from https://www.keywaydesigns.com/

I think it’s probably okay to post here as I figure DMG isn’t likely to be getting into the phone cover game anytime soon.  Maybe after they tackle a gaming table project...

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, LuckyIke said:

The tentacles one is so awesome though! The color of the padauk when sculpted is so unique.

Speaking of the tentacles theme, my phone case is Wenge with an octopus, and I love itF8BE6D94-622C-440F-90D4-FF223BEAC4B0.jpeg.5e9acf9b1bef7f3205d74ad9e7aafee7.jpeg

(pic from the site, as I’d have a hard time using the phone to take a picture of itself)

xD

14 hours ago, yatescory said:

That Padauk tentacles Dragon Tray would be quite the piece to have!! It's practically a relic now! I'd have it spruced up for ya if you get it (unless you rather it retain the duller finish it has now - it was made about a year ago, so with the older finish style).

On 28/02/2018 at 10:49 PM, tgpumpkin said:

@Serge Darveau you’re getting bocote already?  Damn you!!!!!!! ;) 

Living true north from Ann Arbor, my bocote has arrived at Chicago... Go West

rocko GIF

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:37 AM, Konas said:

We use murphy's oil soap and it works well. Linseed oil is very good too. Especially for your cutting board

Bumped

17 hours ago, LuckyIke said:

I'm totally buying this 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LuckyIke said:

It was a Christmas present from Mrs. Ike.  She got it from https://www.keywaydesigns.com/

I think it’s probably okay to post here as I figure DMG isn’t likely to be getting into the phone cover game anytime soon.  Maybe after they tackle a gaming table project...

There's an opportunity here DMG, this company ignores us Android users. ;)

• Like 1

On 3/1/2018 at 10:37 AM, Konas said:

We use murphy's oil soap and it works well. Linseed oil is very good too. Especially for your cutting board

Mineral oil will smell better :P 

As per Time Sorcerer Shane, you can also get it cheap by going to the drug store or a pharmacy section at a bigger store. Just simple mineral oil. There are fancy combinations of mineral oil & beeswax & stuff, but they'll cost a bit more for the same effect.

7 minutes ago, Adam said:

There's an opportunity here DMG, this company ignores us Android users. ;)

WHY does every phone cover company do this... :( I don't want a gosh dang iPhone but I would like some better cover choices besides plain Otterboxes. I've found some cheap and flimsy but cute stuff on Amazon.. but flimsy. Not exactly ideal for my work environment or my hobby environment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zoe said:

WHY does every phone cover company do this... :( I don't want a gosh dang iPhone but I would like some better cover choices besides plain Otterboxes. I've found some cheap and flimsy but cute stuff on Amazon.. but flimsy. Not exactly ideal for my work environment or my hobby environment.

YES Zoe! I have no desire to own Apple either. I even have a Zune MP3 player. If you want a good case for your phone, I only ever buy Incipio. I love them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adam said:

YES Zoe! I have no desire to own Apple either. I even have a Zune MP3 player. If you want a good case for your phone, I only ever buy Incipio. I love them.

Yes!! That's what I had on my previous one and I think I'm just going to do it again, despite the boring colors. The boyfriend I force to use the biggest heavy dutiest Otterbox available. He drops his a zillion times a day. And spills chemicals (at work) on it occasionally. The toughest Otterbox available comes with an extra encasing for liquid protection.

1 minute ago, Zoe said:

Yes!! That's what I had on my previous one and I think I'm just going to do it again, despite the boring colors. The boyfriend I force to use the biggest heavy dutiest Otterbox available. He drops his a zillion times a day. And spills chemicals (at work) on it occasionally. The toughest Otterbox available comes with an extra encasing for liquid protection.

Yeah, their color and design choices are pretty bland, but I'm not one for loud phone cases so it works well for me. 

I would never get cleared to work with chemicals all day. The power to take down my company's entire website is all the danger that I'm entrusted with.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I found a company that will custom make wooden phone cases with exotics, now to choose what I want from their bocote stock... Might have to pull the trigger on a piece featuring that sap wood stripe... It's a bit more than the that was posted earlier though, I think $150 or something for it.

boco.jpg

Edited by Ian Coyle

2 minutes ago, Ian Coyle said:

I found a company that will custom make wooden phone cases with exotics, now to choose what I want from their bocote stock... Might have to pull the trigger on a piece featuring that sap wood stripe...

boco.jpg

My vote would be the piece with the stripe, second from the left.