Serge Darveau

Pictures of DMG products at home.

3 hours ago, Laurent said:

My rolling tray arrived!

It’s a bit wobly, but it just arrived after crossing the oceaan so maybe it still needs to settle a bit.

E85AAFC6-51C7-4DFC-B728-DA3F451E7B18.jpeg

What level antelope are you fighting there?

1 minute ago, Thomas Browne said:

What level antelope are you fighting there?

A level 2. Quite a different fight then a level 1 (somehow more as you would expect such a critter to fight), and you drown in resources at the end.

Just now, Laurent said:

A level 2. Quite a different fight then a level 1 (somehow more as you would expect such a critter to fight), and you drown in resources at the end.

Wasn't sure if that was 2 or 3. 

Yeah - I'm just getting ready to start a level one Antelope fight after barely surviving the level 1 Butcher.  Two severe injuries, but no deaths.. and I did get the Legendary Lungs secret fighting art from him.

I think I'm ok on weapons at the moment.. but definitely seem to be behind on armor.  I have 1 skull helm, and a tank in a full rawhide set (including a whip to try and take priority target most of the time)

Wasn't sure if that was 2 or 3. 

Yeah - I'm just getting ready to start a level one Antelope fight after barely surviving the level 1 Butcher.  Two severe injuries, but no deaths.. and I did get the Legendary Lungs secret fighting art from him.

I think I'm ok on weapons at the moment.. but definitely seem to be behind on armor.  I have 1 skull helm, and a tank in a full rawhide set (including a whip to try and take priority target most of the time)

It's our third playthrough, and it's the first time we fought a lvl 2 quarry (we wiped last time after the wife saw fit to draw the Plague settlement event... if you haven't encountered it, pray you never will).

The lesson we learned early on: armour is important.

2 hours ago, Konas said:

It was for Greenbrier Games for their Kickstarter for Folklore: the Affliction. We made a large box for the game and smaller player boxes as well. The player boxes where very cool. They had a metal plate inside the lid, hidden, that the players prop up on the box and use magnetic markers to track their character's stats.

Fun! I went and looked at the Kickstarter page. The use of bananas for scale was quite silly, but effective.  Thanks for the info. I’m sure there are lots of examples of collaboration projects haunting the depths of the shop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LuckyIke said:

Fun! I went and looked at the Kickstarter page. The use of bananas for scale was quite silly, but effective.  Thanks for the info. I’m sure there are lots of examples of collaboration projects haunting the depths of the shop.

You have no idea....

18 minutes ago, Konas said:

You have no idea....

I still think DMG needs to make a 'chest' like that for KD:M! 

I know I'd be suck(er)ed into buying it.

I was struck by the fear this morning seeing the update on the dice tower KS that we only have 4 days left to confirm our specs. I was at the Demons Blood level, but something did not feel right. Since I'm getting it with the Coco magnets and my Coco sammich is Chechen and Redheart, I had to move to the Redheart dice tower. 

And speaking of Redheart, as I was typing this message I got an email that my cutting board shipped!

Oh, and good morning all!

Edited by Adam
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Adam said:

I was struck by the fear this morning seeing the update on the dice tower KS that we only have 4 days left to confirm our specs. I was at the Demons Blood level, but something did not feel right. Since I'm getting it with the Coco magnets and my Coco sammich is Chechen and Redheart, I had to move to the Redheart dice tower. 

And speaking of Redheart, as I was typing this message I got an email that my cutting board shipped!

Oh, and good morning all!

Red heart was the right choice! Long live the mighty Red Heart!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lindsey said:

Red heart was the right choice! Long live the mighty Red Heart!

@Zoe might want to have a word with you on that, Lindsey.  I believe the word would be Bubinga! :D

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

@Zoe might want to have a word with you on that, Lindsey.  I believe the word would be Bubinga! :D

Somewhere in the deepest wilderness of Ohio, @tgpumpkin‘s ears are burning. He mutters his mantra under his breath, to ward off the evil eye, “One wood to rule them all. Bocote.”

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, LuckyIke said:

Somewhere in the deepest wilderness of Ohio, @tgpumpkin‘s ears are burning. He mutters his mantra under his breath, to ward off the evil eye, “One wood to rule them all. Bocote.”

images.jpg.f0cba976af501b8b186d39ff251c776e.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Serge Darveau said:

images.jpg.f0cba976af501b8b186d39ff251c776e.jpg

Now you’ve sent me down the google rabbit hole, @Serge Darveau

34F61441-3DC0-4427-B39E-C670B8E51AE9.jpeg.b54c10389d59fc8f8d3f8ebfb9d64749.jpeg

DMG, when you use up all the cutting board-sized scrap, maybe it’ll be time to use up the smaller pieces.  Of course, you’ll need a lathe ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, LuckyIke said:

I was going to say something along those lines, but decided to keep it to DMG.

Also I wasn't sure who would be the champion for Chechen.

If we're bringing the Barkers into this - then I think we get a "Rosewood" call from @Barb Bliss as well.

• Like 1

Also I wasn't sure who would be the champion for Chechen.

24ydnu.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'm surprised @Lindsey supported Redheart over Chechen!! She's usually the Chechen fiend!

@Thomas Browne knows what's up, though, of course... For me, it's #BubingaBualways.

(Sidebar: I just got that thing about not being able to do any more reactions, too! So it's not just non-admins. Rude.)

• Like 3

Just now, Zoe said:

I'm surprised @Lindsey supported Redheart over Chechen!! She's usually the Chechen fiend!

@Thomas Browne knows what's up, though, of course... For me, it's #BubingaBualways.

(Sidebar: I just got that thing about not being able to do any more reactions, too! So it's not just non-admins. Rude.)

Ok - because I thought @Konas was usually the Redheart lead. 

That makes more sense now.

I spent all morning cleaning, packing up, and shipping out a ton of redheart  XL CoCos so I've been momentarily hypnotized. They were all so beautiful :x

• Like 1

Accurate depiction of the level of sawdust cleaned off products while shipping today...also I used the same technique Image result for sawdust gif

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Lindsey said:

Accurate depiction of the level of sawdust cleaned off products while shipping today...also I used the same technique Image result for sawdust gif

You flung it all over yourself using your nose??

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

She did! I saw her do it!!

And Puzz came out of the CNC room after cleaning today looking like this...

Displeased expression and all (but I suppose that's how he normally looks).

giraffesawdust.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

30 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

Yes. It's not the most efficient way to blow off the sawdust but it is an ancient family technique. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Here I’ll translate this ancient elvish that speaks very clearly about bocote.....

One wood to rule them all

one wood to find them

One wood to bring them all

and in the darkness BIND them

AA115A92-C016-4459-A974-648E10287B66.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LuckyIke said:

You think I live in Ohio?  While I have a great love for that fine state as my homeland I don’t call it home anymore....

......I LIVE EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!

D7FE362C-E076-4593-9A2C-3C81E0AA3E2B.jpeg

• Confused 1