Lindsey

Meet Our Newest Teammember!

With the announcement of Countdown last week we didn't think things could get any better here at Dog Might Games. But this week we have an even more exciting announcement to make...the addition of our newest member to the game design team Zoe! Zoe started with us as one of our lumberjack wood workers but her passion for games and experience writing has slowly pulled her into the dark side of game design full time. As our editor and writer she will be busy making drunk Vikings sound like Greek poets and making sure our game rules are the best they can be. Say hi to Zoe and feel free to bombard her with endless questions :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

HElo ZOE, tHAnks for commmmming abored to PROOFREed my writings. It should be an ezee jooob for yew. Zebra frenzy choo sdfrefdsf!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thank you so much for the intro, Lindsey! I was ecstatic to join Dog Might this summer and am even more pumped now to be part of the game design team!

I've been writing since I was much tinier than I am now (I'm uh, really short.. I guess this joke only works in person) and have been correcting people's grammar since I first learned the difference between its and it's. I actually wanted to be a part of the Apostrophe Protection Society as an enthusiastic child, but it's in the UK.

Roleplaying games of any flavor are my ultimate jam. Some of my favorite board games include Netrunner (I've got a serious cyberpunk genre obsession), Agricola, and Mysterium. Unsurprisingly, I love Shadowrun and Cyberpunk 2020. I've also eagerly read, a few times over, the Changeling: the Lost books.. although I've never been able to have a session of the actual game.

My icon is a piece of art I commissioned of one of my dogs as a rogue! My other dog is a paladin. Should be pretty clear how I ended up applying to work at Dog Might with just that knowledge.

And that must be everyone's favorite woofworker posing as Mike! Thanks, Sawdust! Only Sawdust would abuse a keyboard like that. I think when he says "zebra frenzy choo," he means his horse head toy that he can't stop chewing. What a good, smart boy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hello hello, and I'm sorry ahead of time for the bombardment of questions I'll be throwing at you when new games start coming around. I'll be that jerk finding loopholes to exploit.

And that's a gorgeous doggo you've got.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Zoe said:

have been correcting people's grammar since I first learned the difference between its and it's

@Zoe I believe grammar correction is a civil duty. My wife isn't always a fan of it...

• Like 3

Thanks, @Blinkus Maximus! Apparently, there's a pet thread around here somewhere, so I need to spam some photos... And please, find ALL the loopholes and bombard me!

@Adam Oh yes, the selfless act of grammar correction also comes with the duty of carrying the title of Most Annoying Person in the Room... But gosh dang it, those apostrophes and Oxford commas need protected!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Zoe said:

Thanks, @Blinkus Maximus! Apparently, there's a pet thread around here somewhere, so I need to spam some photos... And please, find ALL the loopholes and bombard me!

@Adam Oh yes, the selfless act of grammar correction also comes with the duty of carrying the title of Most Annoying Person in the Room... But gosh dang it, those apostrophes and Oxford commas need protected!

I have only been working with Zoe for a few months now but I can wholeheartedly agree that she is in the running for the title of Most Annoying Person in the Room.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Adam said:

@Zoe Commas are important.

LCMFC444-ORANGE-WT-DESIGN.jpg

Adam, please, keep in mind that you don't need to perform those acts just because you wrote that sentence.

2 minutes ago, Konas said:

Adam, please, keep in mind that you don't need to perform those acts just because you wrote that sentence.

@Konas Noted!

• Haha 2

Hiya @Zoe! So you're a fan of Changeling the Lost also? I've played one game, run one, and next Tuesday, 2nd Edition is getting kickstarted! Oh, I'm the person whose profile you saw the Last Unicorn backing for. >_>

• Like 1

Gourd to meet you @Zoe.  I’m sure you’ll do a great job.  Friendly note...be mindful of the policies in this forum against speaking ill of pumpkins or encouraging savage behavior such as pumpkin carving, baking seeds, turning pumpkins into confections such as pies, breads and puddings, and anything pumpkin spice related.  If you get the urge to discuss these matters...use this visible cue to remind you how things would feel if the shoe were on the other foot.....

96240D7B-9A8D-4361-B682-D3BDAC1D1699.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just so you all don't think Zoe is the worst new employee ever at responding, wanted to mention that she is at a wedding this weekend and has been gone for the last two days. Clearly, we may have made a hiring mistake.

@tgpumpkin Aye aye, pumpkintain! That .. was my attempt at combining pumpkin and captain. I have the utmost respect for the gourds - I solemnly swear I won't commit any of the atrocities you've described.

@Konas Thanks for protecting my reputation. Er.. I think.

@HarenM HAH. I'm in Rochester, NY. It snowed last night (and has remained on the ground to this evening). Used to it, though, so at least I was prepared!

@Zoe I'm in ND, so it's pretty cold, windy, and decently snowy, though today is warmer than it has been the last few days. Like you said, you get used to it! I just wish people didn't seem to forget how to drive when it's snowy from year to year. 

• Like 1

@HarenM Yes! I find sometimes, too, that people drive better in the snow than the rain. If you can drive in the snow, you should be able to drive in the rain, if you ask me..

@Zoe, so true! Rain is (for the most part) not as bad as snow. Of course the worst is when you've got water sitting over snow or ice. Then all bets are off on reaching your destination timely. 

• Like 1