RomyCat

Your Most Anticipated Games

7 hours ago, Serge Darveau said:

June and july should be cool for me. :) 

ks1.thumb.jpg.9225900fb8bbc1be19d8a5f1383c9bc8.jpg

Wow, you are organized. I have a number coming which are on your list:   Countdown Action Edition, 5 Minute Dungeon, DinoGenics, Game Master System, Book of Dragons, Rise of Tribes, Star Realms Frontiers, Dice Tower, Mint Delivery, Founders of and Gloomhaven.

There were several others I wanted and almost got, but I have a limited budget: Dwa7s, Brass, Endeavor.  The Christmas Lights Card game failed twice, but they are about to relaunch again. I will back them when they do. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

Wow, you are organized. I have a number coming which are on your list:   Countdown Action Edition, 5 Minute Dungeon, DinoGenics, Game Master System, Book of Dragons, Rise of Tribes, Star Realms Frontiers, Dice Tower, Mint Delivery, Founders of and Gloomhaven.

There were several others I wanted and almost got, but I have a limited budget: Dwa7s, Brass, Endeavor.  The Christmas Lights Card game failed twice, but they are about to relaunch again. I will back them when they do. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chadelkins/1985355621?ref=503551&token=23331d6c

Posted (edited)

Ah, the version you are posting is different than the one I backed twice, though the name is almost the same.

Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1972378713/christmas-lights-card-game?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=Christmas Light Card

I believe it is the same one. They posted in a recent update that where were working with another for the next relaunch.  They state its coming May 29. I notice the artwork for both Santas are the same.

Edited by RomyCat

I like what they have done. I hope they make it this time. I backed them twice and will do so again. My sister and I both love Christmas theme games and would love to play this one.

1 hour ago, Serge Darveau said:

Legends of sleepy hollow :) 

77b1c5fd5134ffb7453512e77b2749d7_original.jpg.3e07d5e57d1a2ebd2d496df195efd3b0.jpg

You gotta tag @tgpumpkin on that one!!!

45 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Side Effects: Strategies (this game looks to be a hoot)

I love the creepy Furby in the background.

I'm definitely a politician strategy person, generally speaking... color it with being a small ~harmless~ girl... Always leads to me winning Bohnanza and maintaining my Bean Queen crown. ?

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Zoe said:

I love the creepy Furby in the background.

I'm definitely a politician strategy person, generally speaking... color it with being a small ~harmless~ girl... Always leads to me winning Bohnanza and maintaining my Bean Queen crown. ?

I'm similar, but I'm more of a hide in the weeds style.  Pay no attention to the card shark in the corner.  I used to be a rainman too, but that skill has faded with age.

Edited by Barb Bliss
  • Like 1

Just got a message from Isaac that the final opportunity to adjust addressing for Founders of Gloomhaven is here - fulfillment is just around the corner!

• Like 2

On 6/8/2018 at 9:56 AM, Barb Bliss said:

Prototypes for Forbidden City (renamed)

image.png.e21389cb7a9bfda32d72348aa7dbb71b.png

I'm really excited for this one...right up my wheelhouse.  

• Like 1

On 6/10/2018 at 5:23 PM, Zoxe said:

Just got a message from Isaac that the final opportunity to adjust addressing for Founders of Gloomhaven is here - fulfillment is just around the corner!

Got post notice that the parcel is coming from Vancouver, probably in the beginning of next week.  Just 2000 km from home :)

7 minutes ago, Serge Darveau said:

550564130_Founders1.thumb.jpg.538589bab34f5ce3d5a05b2cbc8aa245.jpg651931628_Founders2.thumb.jpg.6b91b359aeed9dd0dbc66de4bbeee357.jpg

I may have to try to pick this up.  I admit I passed on the KS because I had a bunch of others going, and I hadn't played GH at that point.  (I admit I am addicted to that game now :) ).

Hopefully this will be a little easier to find in stores than GH itself when KS fulfillment is done.

13 minutes ago, Serge Darveau said:

550564130_Founders1.thumb.jpg.538589bab34f5ce3d5a05b2cbc8aa245.jpg651931628_Founders2.thumb.jpg.6b91b359aeed9dd0dbc66de4bbeee357.jpg

I'm so jealous. I'm still waiting for my notification. Hopefully I will be playing it soon 

6 hours ago, Serge Darveau said:

Supercool!  Can't wait for my copy.

Had a box show up today and it was the right size and shape, but it was from a different kickstarter!  So I can't complain (much!)!

10 hours ago, RomyCat said:

Cool article showing your unboxing. I am surprised that Steve Jackson designed it. I know him for Munchkin series. Didn't know he did other, more series games also. 

One of Steve Jackson's most famous serious games is O.G.R.E.  Probably the game he was best known for before Munchkin came out.

On 6/22/2018 at 9:08 AM, Thomas Browne said:

One of Steve Jackson's most famous serious games is O.G.R.E.  Probably the game he was best known for before Munchkin came out.

Tangent:  I think it's interesting how people know of a company or have heard of a company. 

For SJG, Munchkin is of course one of the more prominent lines, but I actually associated them with the pen and paper GURPS lines first.  My college roommate was big into pen and paper - mostly Vampire: the Masquerade.  Although I never actually gamed with him (he went home on weekends and gamed with a group there; I was of course welcome but always ended up doing my own thing....), I did help prep for GM sessions by digesting new game books and playtested some of the character generation mechanics for the Vampire/White Wolf products.  My first trip to a game store was with him (to buy Magic: The Gathering cards). 

What I knew of GURPS at the time was based on his assessment, "GURPS is awesome!"  Later in life I bought some of the GURPS manuals to help with a PC-based RPG project that fizzled.*  Exposure to Munchkin came maybe 5 years after that.  I only knew of OGRE because of the relaunch on Kickstarter recently.