RomyCat

Your Most Anticipated Games

58 minutes ago, LuckyIke said:

@Barb Bliss

Our future goats are on parade!D6F61320-C497-4170-B5FD-0D384388A584.png.2721c384b27869245b53a64f7cbc611d.png

I saw that!  I really like the hard hat meeple too.  Reminded me of that original Crazy Glue add.

image.png.6df2f39b4585b2839e710ec2d5b7aefa.png

• Like 1

Glyph should arrive today!  It looks like an interesting game.  I hope it beats the weather.  It should be a hot mess starting this evening.

On 3/15/2018 at 5:23 PM, LuckyIke said:

@Barb Bliss

Our future goats are on parade!D6F61320-C497-4170-B5FD-0D384388A584.png.2721c384b27869245b53a64f7cbc611d.png

Where did you get the goat meeples?  I feel I need some for 7th Continent, even if they are just props.

5 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

Where did you get the goat meeples?  I feel I need some for 7th Continent, even if they are just props.

Those fine grey fellows will be coming as part of the Dinogenics game @Barb Bliss and I keep raving over.  Dinos have to eat after all!

Glyph showed up.  Finally.  5:30 pm.  The box is pleasingly small after dealing with Massive Darkness and Gloomhaven.

12 hours ago, RomyCat said:

I second this. As I will be playing 7th Continent very soon with Romycat, I feel we need a goat to watch over our game and bring us good luck.

7 minutes ago, Serge Darveau said:

nIgwRgG.thumb.jpg.db38ba72768fc66c3ef5deff72aaed36.jpg

This was one of the main reasons I went with the poker chip-sized CoCo tiles.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LuckyIke said:

Me too and this is my first KS backing lol :) 

3 minutes ago, Serge Darveau said:

Just received Saloon Tycoon and everything with it. :) 

29793274_1666545600068091_254341267935310711_n.jpg.635e90d0263561ebf70d73f12d266536.jpg

No shortage of stuff there!

It appears that Fireball Island is supposed to launch on Kickstarter today. I had the original game when I was a kid and like a fool I let my parents get get rid of it. Even though it's not the original, I will be adding it back to my collection.

1 minute ago, Serge Darveau said:

I know some have missing part but mine is complete. :) 

I hope there's an easy way to tell if something is missing...otherwise, eek.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

I hope there's an easy way to tell if something is missing...otherwise, eek.

On each rulebook, there's a list of component, that help to check. In one comment, the game arrived with glue on the parts :( 

@Adam, I must be too old for this game.  I don't even remember hearing about it.  Other than kids or reliving the "glory years", is this game worth it.  It's not cheap and the shipping is steep.

29 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

@Adam, I must be too old for this game.  I don't even remember hearing about it.  Other than kids or reliving the "glory years", is this game worth it.  It's not cheap and the shipping is steep.

The original came out in 1986. I'm not sure how much it will really be worth it to anyone that's new to the game. I think a lot of the hype is coming from people around my age remembering the original and looking forward to a redone and "gamer" version. The original was really just a roll and move and play some cards type of a game. This new version is a bit more grown up from what I've seen. One of the guys who designed the remake was Rob Daviau who did Pandemic Legacy.

I have never heard of Fireball Island before the Kickstarter, but it now looks impressive. Just too expensive. Trying so, so hard to save money.

Serge, I'm really jealous of your Brass game. I really wanted that one.

Posted (edited)
On 4/1/2018 at 2:41 PM, LuckyIke said:

This is THE main reason I requested poker chip coco tiles during the campaign!  Thanks DMG for adding those!  I am pumped for this edition.  Wow that video is impressive.

Edited by yatescory
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lindsey said:

That is adorable!

Adorable?!  Those meeples are in grave danger!!! And let’s not even mention the fate of those goats...

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, LuckyIke said:

Adorable?!  Those meeples are in grave danger!!! And let’s not even mention the fate of those goats...

@Lindsey Z-Rex is about to have a meal.

• Haha 2