RomyCat

Your Most Anticipated Games

My most anticipated game has arrived!!!!  Gloomhaven  9_9

Wow, its a HUGE box which weighed 22 pounds BEFORE I added my Broken Token. Now it weighs roughly thirty pounds...I'm not joking about that either. Whenever I need exercise,  all I have to do is take out my copy of Gloomhaven.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RomyCat said:

My most anticipated game has arrived!!!!  Gloomhaven  9_9

Wow, its a HUGE box which weighed 22 pounds BEFORE I added my Broken Token. Now it weighs roughly thirty pounds...I'm not joking about that either. Whenever I need exercise,  all I have to do is take out my copy of Gloomhaven.  

I never thought I'd have to worry about throwing my back out while trying to get a game off the game rack. :/

• Haha 3

Kingdom Death: Monster would have topped this list a month ago.  

My CoCo probably comes next. :)

KDM - Wave 2 hits in Feb/Mar.  Which is both exciting and mortifying.  I'm a heavy backer, so I have all 12 old expansions coming at once and I've only barely scratched the surface on the core box (there's a big calendar gap between wave 2 and 3 so I don't have to go crazy on day 1).  I'm not just worried about playing it all (that's impossible) - the simple logistics of storage is scary because the KD shelf is already full and spilling onto the floor of my closet.

Beyond that:
- Founders of Gloomhaven
- Root

Edited by Zoxe

I'm actually waiting with baited breath for Legends of Andor Part III: The Last Hope.  My group for it has completed the first game, the expansion mission, and just started Journey to the North last week.  After that one's done, we can continue on to this!  (Haven't tried the bonus missions on their website though).

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/198287/legends-andor-last-hope

Not a game, but I'm figuring out my pledge manager for my Throne Boxes.  It's almost as crazy as doing your taxes.  I'm looking at around $240 in add ons (shelves between three towers and acrylic snap ons for displaying painted minis and DMG products).  I don't even want to think about shipping.  Thankfully, they have been really accessible for answering questions.

7 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Not a game, but I'm figuring out my pledge manager for my Throne Boxes.  It's almost as crazy as doing your taxes.  I'm looking at around $240 in add ons (shelves between three towers and acrylic snap ons for displaying painted minis and DMG products).  I don't even want to think about shipping.  Thankfully, they have been really accessible for answering questions.

That's a good find. I kind of remember that coming through, but now we're in the process of setting up a game alcove.  (Found a huuuuge coffee table on clearance at Menard's).  

1 hour ago, Zoxe said:

That's a good find. I kind of remember that coming through, but now we're in the process of setting up a game alcove.  (Found a huuuuge coffee table on clearance at Menard's).  

I figured that a carpenter would change more than these for built in shelves.  This way I get to reconfigure as my life downsizes in the future, and encourage creative thinking instead of leaving the built ins for the next owner.

7 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

I figured that a carpenter would change more than these for built in shelves.  This way I get to reconfigure as my life downsizes in the future, and encourage creative thinking instead of leaving the built ins for the next owner.

Mrs. Zoxe and I chatted this morning; need to go back through their backerkit and take some measurements of our area but we may late pledge it.

On 1/19/2018 at 11:07 PM, Barb Bliss said:

I did the Pledge Manger for Throne Boxes yesterday. Was soooo expensive, then throw in shipping on top of that. I finally decided on a two towers arrangement with extra shelves to go between the stacks. I also added the mat holder. I wanted to also get the acrylic snaps but my budget had hit its limit. 

My logic for this expensive purchase was I was going to have to buy more shelves for my games soon anyway, as I am running out of shelf space. And this will be the last shelves I will need to buy for many, many years (hopefully....I do need to cut back on Kickstarters this year). 

3 hours ago, RomyCat said:

I did the Pledge Manger for Throne Boxes yesterday. Was soooo expensive, then throw in shipping on top of that. I finally decided on a two towers arrangement with extra shelves to go between the stacks. I also added the mat holder. I wanted to also get the acrylic snaps but my budget had hit its limit. 

My logic for this expensive purchase was I was going to have to buy more shelves for my games soon anyway, as I am running out of shelf space. And this will be the last shelves I will need to buy for many, many years (hopefully....I do need to cut back on Kickstarters this year). 

I did the three double towers + a short throne.  I have a window in the middle of the wall, so it'll be a triple - extra long shelves - single throne - extra shelves - double with a short cap. I got 3 extra long acrylic snaps, and 15 regular acrylic snaps for displaying DMG wood and painted minis.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

My Triplock showed up.  Wow, the upgraded mats and storage tube is really cool.

Romy's came in a few days ago. I have to agree about the upgrade mate and storage tube. Never seen anything like the storage tube before for a game. Wanted to just walk around with it because it looks so awesome.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Zenithsplendor said:

Romy's came in a few days ago. I have to agree about the upgrade mate and storage tube. Never seen anything like the storage tube before for a game. Wanted to just walk around with it because it looks so awesome.

Too bad we don't live closer together.  My best candidate for playing with me does a lot of work travel.  He'll be in China for about 2.5 weeks over the next 6 weeks, so he said to not expect to see him until March!  I'll have to do the solo run through a few times before then.

• Like 1

I got the three solo packs for Triplock also. Have not open them yet, waiting until one of us finishes the first solo story that came with the base game. I have to say, the components for Triplock are mindblowing awesome. Now I just need time to play. Need a week off of work to enjoy all the new Kickstarters that have come from November to January so far. I am cutting back on buying games for a while. 

Kickstarter:

• Triplock
  • Kitchen Rush
  • Clans of Caledonia
  • Christmas Tree: The decorating
  • Gloomhaven
  • Tao Long

Christmas gifts for/from my family & Secret Santa:

• Burgle Bros
  • Charterstone
  • Codenames Duet
  • Cottage Garden
  • A Feast for Odin
  • Fresco
  • Hive
  • Kingdomino
  • Magic Maze
  • One Deck Dungeon
  • Photosynthesis
  • Rocky Road a la Mode
  • T.I.M.E. Stories
  • Sagrada
Edited by RomyCat

My copy of Grimm Forest arrived yesterday.  Guys, the component quality on this game is amazing; Druid City Games really outdid themselves with this one.  It also has a multi piece custom plastic insert so everything stores just right.  I love simultaneous action selection as a mechanic, and with this game you get to build tiny houses, so it has a nice tactile element.  I’m very excited to get this one to the table.

25 minutes ago, LuckyIke said:

My copy of Grimm Forest arrived yesterday.  Guys, the component quality on this game is amazing; Druid City Games really outdid themselves with this one.  It also has a multi piece custom plastic insert so everything stores just right.  I love simultaneous action selection as a mechanic, and with this game you get to build tiny houses, so it has a nice tactile element.  I’m very excited to get this one to the table.

I have the shipping notice arrive yesterday, so my should be here soon.

DinoGenic dices

48d0549f4a4f79dace89084ff2a9f7d7_original.png.ff98fa0f3007a54f28b7d0fcefdb0c62.png

Now that pre-production copies are being compiled, we have an accurate idea of how much the finished product is going to weigh. The stretch goals we added during the campaign added a fair amount of extra weight, and in truth, quite a bit more than we expected.  

Our original version of the game weighed in at under 5 pounds(2.2kg), whereas the fully upgraded version you will be receiving weighs in at over 8 pounds(3.7kg)! To give a more tangible comparison that people might relate with, DinoGenics weighs slightly more than the retail version of Scythe.  

The good news is this added heft hasn't increased our shipping estimates by that much for most of the world. We have seen a pretty consistent $2-3 increase across the board. 

17 minutes ago, Serge Darveau said:

DinoGenic dices

48d0549f4a4f79dace89084ff2a9f7d7_original.png.ff98fa0f3007a54f28b7d0fcefdb0c62.png

You dog, uh barker.  You beat me to it.  I was just about to put this graphic in.

I’m so excited for DinoGenics.  I mean, you get to feed goat meeples to your Dino meeples! I think I’ll pick up an extra set of the Dinos so my daughter can play with “the pieces” without running amok and going Godzilla all over the players’ islands.

• Haha 1

@RomyCat, not sure you've been following Nemesis, but they are giving away an expansion because of all the funds raised.  The premise is that a cat sneaks on the ship.  When the ship jumps to hyper space (crew in tubes), the cat goes flying, breaking into the gathered alien dna, and a new creature is created.  It would be worth pledging just for the 1st player marker.

Get ready - here she comes.  One of these will be it.

image.png.856b5b26c2fba1ce85a9b54ec4160992.png