Dice Kickstarters

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

These are going to be hard to resist.  They're pricey, and they're also some chonky dice, but man, do they sparkle...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dispeldice/dispel-dice/

Here's an IG video so you can see them under regular conditions (the IG account that posted this also makes their own sparkly dice, btw, if that's your thing):

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4iAVDhh2pH/

4 minutes ago, EdInSeattle said:

These are going to be hard to resist.  They're pricey, and they're also some chonky dice, but man, do they sparkle...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dispeldice/dispel-dice/

Here's an IG video so you can see them under regular conditions (the IG account that posted this also makes their own sparkly dice, btw, if that's your thing):

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4iAVDhh2pH/

I love the name Captain Sparkles.

Just now, EdInSeattle said:

It pretty much tells you everything you need to know about the product, doesn't it? 

Indeed.  I tried to see if they had a shop up but it looks like they currently do not.  I love seeing all the different homemade dice ideas out there.  Going to be super hard to be good and not back Dispel Dice. I see a lot of good things, but ultimately will wait until she fulfills the kickstarter and goes retail. My kickstarter budget was hit hard the last few months with a lot of goodies too, so adult time ; ).

Just now, WxCougar said:

Indeed.  I tried to see if they had a shop up but it looks like they currently do not.  I love seeing all the different homemade dice ideas out there.  Going to be super hard to be good and not back Dispel Dice. I see a lot of good things, but ultimately will wait until she fulfills the kickstarter and goes retail. My kickstarter budget was hit hard the last few months with a lot of goodies too, so adult time ; ).

His shop does say it'll be restocked in December--we'll see.  ;)

Until now I've pretty much resisted the dice craze--don't get me wrong, I have a bunch, but I hadn't bought any in awhile.  But last week I ordered some metal ones during a sale, and now I'm eying the Dispel KS (although I share the concerns about whether she'll be able to keep up with the huge amount of interest), and now I'm adding Captain Sparkles to my watch list.  Maybe I'll need to buy DMG boxes for dice storage after all! 

2 minutes ago, EdInSeattle said:

His shop does say it'll be restocked in December--we'll see.  ;)

Until now I've pretty much resisted the dice craze--don't get me wrong, I have a bunch, but I hadn't bought any in awhile.  But last week I ordered some metal ones during a sale, and now I'm eying the Dispel KS (although I share the concerns about whether she'll be able to keep up with the huge amount of interest), and now I'm adding Captain Sparkles to my watch list.  Maybe I'll need to buy DMG boxes for dice storage after all! 

I've been eyeing Crystal Maggie's etsy shop for stone dice for quite awhile. I keep thinking I want a set of stone dice but have never made the plunge.  Probably because unlike you, I have bought more dice than I should lately :).  Between Q-workshop's kickstarter for the glow-in-the-dark dice, the unicorn dice kickstarter on the original post, and Chessex Lab dice... I need more DMG boxes : ).

1 minute ago, EdInSeattle said:

Are Artifact Dice still a thing?  They're another company that's almost gotten my money a few times (I did buy an awesome box from them at Gencon a few years back). 

As far as I know they are still around making dice. They do have some lovely stone dice too.

16 minutes ago, EdInSeattle said:

ARTISAN Dice, ARTISAN--Artifact Dice are what DMG makes, heh.  Whoops!

lol, I followed you though!  I also meant Artisan dice with my response : ).

1 hour ago, EdInSeattle said:

Uuuugh, and now that Dispel Dice are blowing up, there's talk that some of the designs are stolen.  Although it seems like a mighty fine line to say one Rose Gold design is stolen from another...

One of the unfortunate side effects of being super popular it seems. The pictures I saw comparing the two didn't really look too similar to me.

16 minutes ago, WxCougar said:

One of the unfortunate side effects of being super popular it seems. The pictures I saw comparing the two didn't really look too similar to me.

Yeah, I don't think there's anything there.  I'm sensitive to the idea of an artist being ripped off, but it's hard to lay claim to "pearlescent resin dice" or "rose gold resin dice" as your own personal IP, even if the samples were a closer match. 

• 8 months later...
On 7/17/2020 at 8:07 PM, EdInSeattle said:

Here's something I haven't seen before: liquid core dice!  Kickstarter run by the fine folks at Metal Dice Games--I have a few sets of their metal dice, but I have to admit some of these resin ones are also very pretty!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/579878362/elixir-dice-handcrafted-sharp-edged-liquid-core-rpg-dice

Ugh, so pretty. I really wanted to back them, but I'm just going to wait patiently for late pledges and pre-orders. 

15 minutes ago, Anne said:

Ugh, so pretty. I really wanted to back them, but I'm just going to wait patiently for late pledges and pre-orders. 

I held off as well--pretty, but not pretty /enough/ for me to get more dice to sit alongside the dice I already own!

I held off as well--pretty, but not pretty /enough/ for me to get more dice to sit alongside the dice I already own!

I think they are cool, but not for me, so didn't go in on it either.

They're pretty enough that I'll pay a very pretty penny for them... when my inner child/dice goblin can have instant gratification and not have to wait. 

• 2 weeks later...