Josh

Through the eyes of an apprentice Viking Lumberjack

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Josh said:

@WxCougar

How did the concert go? What instrument do you play?

It went very well. Always good when the composer is happy with the performance :).

I play piccolo for the orchestra (also play bassoon and trombone on occassion).

Edited by WxCougar

4 hours ago, WxCougar said:

It went very well. Alwaya good when the composer is happy with the performance :).

I play piccolo for the orchestra (also play bassoon and trombone on occassion).

Very nice @WxCougar.  I don't know if peeps know this but I was actually studying to be a music teacher in undergrad so they made us learn all the instruments.  Trombone was my fave but I really enjoyed bassoon too.  Oboe notsomuch.  Oboe was the bane of my existence.  

*shudders*

48 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

Very nice @WxCougar.  I don't know if peeps know this but I was actually studying to be a music teacher in undergrad so they made us learn all the instruments.  Trombone was my fave but I really enjoyed bassoon too.  Oboe notsomuch.  Oboe was the bane of my existence.  

*shudders*

I'm not a huge fan of the oboe, but I do love the sound of the English Horn.  Not sure I could play them though. Small aperture instruments and I don't get along (the reason I don't play the trumpet anymore and likely never the French Horn).

16 minutes ago, WxCougar said:

I'm not a huge fan of the oboe, but I do love the sound of the English Horn.  Not sure I could play them though. Small aperture instruments and I don't get along (the reason I don't play the trumpet anymore and likely never the French Horn).

Love HEARING the French Horn...hated playing it.  to be fair I just stunk at it.

I remember when I had to learn how to thread that sucker.  NOPE!

I do think if I was in grade school all over again and had a crack at band I would have tried for the Trombone.  I would have been too small for it given my size at the time, but that was the instrument I had the most fun with.

My grade school didn't have strings, but if it did it'd be a toss up between Cello and Viola with maybe a slight edge to the Cello :)

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

Love HEARING the French Horn...hated playing it.  to be fair I just stunk at it.

I do think if I was in grade school all over again and had a crack at band I would have tried for the Trombone.  I would have been too small for it given my size at the time, but that was the instrument I had the most fun with.

My grade school didn't have strings, but if it did it'd be a toss up between Cello and Viola with maybe a slight edge to the Cello :)

I was a trombone player from Jr high through HS. 😁

Edited by Zoxe

32 minutes ago, Zoxe said:

I was a trombone player from Jr high through HS. 😁

I knew there was a reason I liked you ;) 

1 hour ago, tgpumpkin said:

We didn't have strings either. But I would have also gone for the Cello.

A stain i did Friday. Ended up looking similar to (but not as cool as) Jeremy's  orc screen.

IMG_20190617_175951_168.jpg

I saw this screen today..not sure who did it but I dig it.

20190617_163818.jpg

21 hours ago, Josh said:

@Barb Bliss Is monday really your birthday? If so HAPPY BIRTHDAY :)

It is.  Got a free dinner tonight!  Going out for dinner tomorrow.  Like my mom used to say: Your birthday should be like the State fair, and last a week.

5 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

I played (if you can call it that) cello in middle school.  I definitely sucked at it.

5 hours ago, Josh said:

A stain i did Friday. Ended up looking similar to (but not as cool as) Jeremy's  orc screen.

Holy crap I need something stained like that!!!!!

12 hours ago, Josh said:

If you want a name for this: Roasted pumpkin. 🔥🎃🔥

53 minutes ago, Serge Darveau said:

If you want a name for this: Roasted pumpkin. 🔥🎃🔥

-10000 points right there buddy!

5 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

-10000 points right there buddy!

Awww  Brother, he gets a +5000 for comediac effect.  It was pretty gourd darn funny.

On 6/14/2019 at 7:31 PM, Barb Bliss said:

Sorry, but you can't putt a frisbee!!!

Nice long weekend for me.  Friday: gin and sleeve action cardes from 7th Continent while watching THE FIRST PLACE TWINS.  With luck, I'll get to my Atmar Cardography cards too.  As soon as I get a nice buzz, I'll try adding some shelves to my Box Thrones for all the new games.  Saturday: massage and cleaning house/laundry.  Skipping game night as there is an alternate host that's 10 miles further from my house and thunderstorms are forecasted.  Sunday: most of the boys are coming over for Birthday games.  Jeremie's birthday was a couple of weeks ago.  I'll be giving him some of the rainbow pride dice I got from DMG.  Breakfast at the rich people's store, and picking up a killer cake.  Monday: On vacation!!!  IT'S MY BIRTHDAY.  YEAH!  YEAH!  YEAH!  YEAH!  Figure I'll sleep in (if that's possible), head over to the rich people's nursery to see if I can find some cardinal flower.  Mine winter killed.  smh  Then into the yard for a while as it will be partly cloudy with a high of 71.  Then get a free dinner at La Casitas.  

Before someone asks, here you go.

image.png.0d84b9fb0d89d48d0b80f56d9b76ca04.png

Great news.  I finally found someone who had cardinal flower!  I worked in the yard all day thanks to a cool cloudy day.  Good news, I got a ton done.  Bad news, my left knee is killing me today.

12 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

It is.  Got a free dinner tonight!  Going out for dinner tomorrow.  Like my mom used to say: Your birthday should be like the State fair, and last a week.

Happy belated birthday!

3 hours ago, Thomas Browne said:

We need a replacement for the Blue Stag? :D

Oh boy do we ever.

22 hours ago, Josh said:

I can't stop looking at this.  If something like this ever appeared on the site with a fierce looking pumpkin in the middle I'd lose my seeds.

2 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

I can't stop looking at this.  If something like this ever appeared on the site with a fierce looking pumpkin in the middle I'd lose my seeds.

Seedless pumpkins?