Creating a thread for people to post photos of their Dog Might Products at home. 

I've got a bunch, but I wanted to start out with this Card Stand Bundle that I recently got. I decided to Card Stands as a way to narrow my CoCo tile needs - now each player at my table can use a card stand with their CoCos instead of the Card, Double, or Slots tiles.

Hey Lumberjacks, can you tell me which woods my randomly selected card stands are.  I'm thinking it's Leopardwood, Black Walnut, Canarywood(?), Purpleheart(!), Ash with Early American finish(?) 

stands.thumb.jpg.404aff69377be032b5dd5ad7a0792e69.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is a well timed post. I just received notification on Tuesday that my Dragon Sheath is in transit!

Cool idea, SeeSome. I think you have the right woods picked in the picture. The stands look awesome. I have ordered something for my sister's birthday. Once it come in, I will try to post it here. I can't wait for her to see it.

My first DMG product came today! My new Dragon Sheath looks amazing in Demons Blood. I couldn't be happier with my purchase, and now am looking forward to my Coco and Hero Sleeves even more. 

1013171823_HDR.jpg

1013171824_HDR.jpg

1013171825_HDR-1.jpg

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

Your dragon sheath looks great. I'm jealous. Makes me want one.

I put it to good use tonight. Maybe not the intended use, but I played a solo game of Terraforming Mars and it held my resource cubes quite nicely.

Edited by Adam
  • Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 11:11 PM, Adam said:

I put it to good use tonight. Maybe not the intended use, but I played a solo game of Terraforming Mars and it held my resource cubes quite nicely.

So glad you are pleased. And, use it however you want! There are no rules.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:07 PM, SeeSome said:

Creating a thread for people to post photos of their Dog Might Products at home. 

I've got a bunch, but I wanted to start out with this Card Stand Bundle that I recently got. I decided to Card Stands as a way to narrow my CoCo tile needs - now each player at my table can use a card stand with their CoCos instead of the Card, Double, or Slots tiles.

Hey Lumberjacks, can you tell me which woods my randomly selected card stands are.  I'm thinking it's Leopardwood, Black Walnut, Canarywood(?), Purpleheart(!), Ash with Early American finish(?) 

stands.thumb.jpg.404aff69377be032b5dd5ad7a0792e69.jpg

Wow, you almost got them all right! The last one is African Mahogany.

7 minutes ago, Konas said:

So glad you are pleased. And, use it however you want! There are no rules.

Also, I wanted to commend you on your packaging. Everything was well secured and protected. I have no worries that your products will deliver undamaged. I work for a shipping supply distributor, so I have a weird appreciation for that sort of stuff.

• Like 1

Just now, Adam said:

Also, I wanted to commend you on your packaging. Everything was well secured and protected. I have no worries that your products will deliver undamaged. I work for a shipping supply distributor, so I have a weird appreciation for that sort of stuff.

That's funny because  we have always had a weird pride in our packing. We've oddly talked about it a lot. So, thanks for noticing.

• Like 1

I played a round of Century: Spice Road with the Mrs. Ike last night and put some of my card stands to good use.  They are hefty and great for a game like Spice Road, which is a Splendor-esque efficiency engine building game. 

B1618E07-F331-47C2-9A60-8FFDB753A332.thumb.jpeg.a94cb690819ec9a0fc133582b3103294.jpegA8C14906-75CD-4FEC-BA93-5A1DE8ECBD98.thumb.jpeg.3559e8eaf96f40f6532f4b749327e35e.jpeg

Once things really got going I forgot to take more action shots!

The stands comfortably hold 5 70mm-wide cards in sleeves with no overlap:

06133E2B-6268-4899-9453-9650475F4FA7.thumb.jpeg.b343b49aa2e77505b52fcd945f13cecd.jpeg

And for games, such as Century: Spice Road, where you don’t need access to the whole card, you can easily fit many more.  Here is a stand holding 12 cards arrayed this way:

4B041B9D-A4AC-4391-8B86-3D6F29FB566F.thumb.jpeg.fdd84fb5fc0495913281a35b7d759b0d.jpeg

I’m really loving the new stands and am always thinking of games in which to use them.  

Mrs. Ike has permanent dibs on the leopardwood stand.  My favorite one is the middle one below, but I can’t figure out what wood it is.  The mystery wood has a super smooth hand feel and an interesting grain.  If only there were some wood experts around who might be able to solve such a puzzle...

807DC1B1-EE04-491B-8EF2-A32785B4192F.thumb.jpeg.41d39528b00761f6bc8bbce600c5d6cc.jpegE0265013-BEF9-4C0E-86D4-3ED0D8A7F301.thumb.jpeg.173061491b009b4cfc8af0fa4ccc6650.jpeg

Edited by LuckyIke

I guessing Padauk or maybe Redheart.

Congrats on your new card holders. They look fun to use.

Edited by RomyCat

Oooh, @LuckyIke, you're lucky indeed! Good guesses, but that's my baby Bubinga! We don't commonly make card stands out of Bubinga, so enjoy! I love the swirly grain it often has. That wood is probably my personal fav.

@Serge Darveau, yours is indeed Padauk. You can tell that it's a bit more vibrant and the grain is much more open/porous (also generally more regular).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheAuthorOfOZ said:

Those shots of Spice Road really show off the usefulness of those stands!

Thanks, they are pretty handy! I wanted to give some examples with different placement so folks could see if they would meet their needs. They are a lot beefier than some other wooden card stands I have seen, which I think is a definite plus.

Thanks for identifying the Bubinga, Zoe!  Now that I have had a chance to see/feel it in person, I’ll have to keep an eye out for other DMG Bubinga products that may catch my eye.

• Like 1

Now I’m going to have to post my card stands when i get home to test my lumber knowledge. Pretty sure i got one in bubinga as well like Ike, and i think i got a rosewood too. I’ll post a picture tonight for the other three

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ian Coyle said:

Now I’m going to have to post my card stands when i get home to test my lumber knowledge. Pretty sure i got one in bubinga as well like Ike, and i think i got a rosewood too. I’ll post a picture tonight for the other three

Bubinga aaand Bolivian Rosewood?! Jackpot!!!

@Zoe I’ll have you know that identifying that stand as Bubinga has encouraged me to add a Bubinga dice tower my kickstarter pledge.  The card stands are a nice way to encounter random fun woods one might otherwise overlook! 

Ok, so here are mine. From left to right my guesses are bubinga, rosewood, redheart, walnut, padouk. How’d i do Zoe?

B21FFFCD-95D7-4BD0-99BF-0DAFB0A2CEBA.jpeg

12C2F3C9-BD3B-4A33-B989-728ECEAA58E5.jpeg

Edited by Ian Coyle
Spelling

57 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

@ian, that's some sexy wood.

My wife tells me that all the time 😏

5 minutes ago, Ian Coyle said:

My wife tells me that all the time 😏

I wouldn't know about that.  I'll have to take your word on that :$