yatescory

Gaming Articles

Intriguing article. I agree that role playing games are more popular than ever. Last year the assistant band director (who is also my DM) had some teens meeting after school in my classroom where he taught them how to create characters and play a mini adventure. Sadly all of them graduated that year and we don't have a new group. One of our former seniors is now a regular at our Pathfinder meet ups. Several of us teachers have been playing Pathfinder together.

Wondering if anyone has seen the very public online feud going on between Jamey Stegmaier/Stonemaier Games and Jeff Bergren/The Gaming Goat. I followed a bit yesterday, but it all got pretty out of hand, and I got sick of the mindless back and forth. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/boardgames/comments/bobcdd/stonemaier_games_ongoing_retailer_issues_outlined/

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2202524/what-happened-between-stonemeir-and-distributors/page/1

Posted (edited)

Thanks, @Adam, I'm reading the articles now. I have been wanting Wingspan and trying to keep an eye on when the next shipment hits. Wow, sounds like Jamey has let power get to him. I've really liked him and own many of his games. It does reminder me what Nintendo did several decades ago forcing companies to see their games at the price they set. If a retail company gave a discount, Nintendo cut down a lot on the products they sent. Nintendo was sued and lost.  

Jamey needs to be careful how he treats retailers. 

Edited by RomyCat