Barb Bliss

The Masked Singer

One of my bowling team members convinced me to start watching this show.  I powered through on demand to catch up on my day off yesterday.  I've enjoyed it quite a bit.  Anyone else hooked on it?

My guesses in order of my favorites (though for some of these, I've never even heard of who the people were guessing lol)

• The Rabbit - the twitching slays me.  My first guess was Donny Wahlberg.  Some boy band guy anyway.  It's not like I'm a boy band expert.  Regardless, Donny's got himself a real hot wife.
  • The Bee - I thought for sure it was Gladys Knight as it really sounds like her, but the 10 grammys comment blew that.  She's been nominated 10 times, but for some unknown reason, she's only won 3.
  • The Lion and Peacock tied for 3rd for me.  I'm going for Donny Osmond.  I've never heard of any of the guesses for the Lion, though she's really, really good
  • The Monster - My guess is T-Pain, though rappers aren't my thing either.

Next off guess: monster

What say you?

ME and the wife have been watching it. I know nothing of celebrities so i have no guesses but she has a few.

The Rabbit - she was thinking Donny as well or Joey Fatone from n-sync.
The Bee -  we aren't to sure about they aren't really in either of ours genre and are a bit older then us so we can only make random guesses.
The peacock - she thinks is Donny Osmond as well.
The Lion - not sure.
The monster - we were thinking T-pain as well

Monster is prob getting unmasked next and i could see rabbit and peacock making it to the end just due to their stage presence. They seem to do more moving around which might help them stay.

13 minutes ago, marsniper_27 said:

ME and the wife have been watching it. I know nothing of celebrities so i have no guesses but she has a few.

The Rabbit - she was thinking Donny as well or Joey Fatone from n-sync.
The Bee -  we aren't to sure about they aren't really in either of ours genre and are a bit older then us so we can only make random guesses.
The peacock - she thinks is Donny Osmond as well.
The Lion - not sure.
The monster - we were thinking T-pain as well

Monster is prob getting unmasked next and i could see rabbit and peacock making it to the end just due to their stage presence. They seem to do more moving around which might help them stay.

Double unmasking this week!  I think Monster gets unmasked for sure and the Lion is safe for sure.  I think they will choose to keep the Bee as well just to hear her sing again.  That leaves the Rabbit and the Peacock as potential unmasked characters.

1 hour ago, marsniper_27 said:

New season started and we figured out one of them all ready.

No teasers.  I recorded it.  If it's like last season, I won't know half the people they are talking about.  The one disappointing side is that the rabbit won't be there this season.

8 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

No teasers.  I recorded it.  If it's like last season, I won't know half the people they are talking about.  The one disappointing side is that the rabbit won't be there this season.

The one we figured out the clue was pretty obvious.

Just a heads up quite a few of them during thier intros have significant numbers in the background. The person we figured out you won't see the number if your colour blind.

Ya the rabbit really played up the role well. It's impressive how well he kept up the twitch.

15 minutes ago, marsniper_27 said:

The one we figured out the clue was pretty obvious.

Just a heads up quite a few of them during thier intros have significant numbers in the background. The person we figured out you won't see the number if your colour blind.

Ya the rabbit really played up the role well. It's impressive how well he kept up the twitch.

I loved the twitch.  I really wanted him to be Donny Wahlberg.

On 9/15/2019 at 8:04 PM, marsniper_27 said:

New season started and we figured out one of them all ready.

OK.  I watched it.  I didn't totally figure out anything, but think the Flamingo is Tina Turner.  Come on.  Let me see you shake your tail feather.

How great would it be if Ice cream was Redfoo?  Others I hope are there: Vanilla Ice (Rotweiler), Serena Williams as the Leopard, Bruce Springsteen as the Eagle, and how great would it be if Jeff Dunham were the Skeleton. 😁  I Keel you!

When I saw the Christmas Tree, I immediately thought of Miss Richfield 1981 LOL!  She's fabulous, and a must see if you've never heard of her.  A Minnesota treasure for sure.  Bob Dylan?  Bob Schmillan.

image.png.ed19395c0bd2b0f0c60487ef53c5640a.png  image.png.788dc9fdb2f4058bf3577a18a3014f7d.png

Longer version: 

Edited by Barb Bliss

2 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Yes please!

The flower it's Danica Patrick. The core was pedal to metal. And 314 the number behind her is her 2011 total points which is that last time she was top 10.

The flower it's Danica Patrick. The core was pedal to metal. And 314 the number behind her is her 2011 total points which is that last time she was top 10.

I've never heard of her.  LOL  The more I think about it, the more I like my guess for Tina Turner for the Flamingo.

I just looked her up.  She's 5'2" which fits too.  I figured her height could narrow things down.

13 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I just looked her up.  She's 5'2" which fits too.  I figured her height could narrow things down.

I am really bad at guessing cause I know nothing about pop culture at all. I usually see what the wife things google the person cause I don't know who they are and see if it fits lol.

14 hours ago, marsniper_27 said:

I am really bad at guessing cause I know nothing about pop culture at all. I usually see what the wife things google the person cause I don't know who they are and see if it fits lol.

That sounds like my mode, except I chat with friends about what they think.

OK @marsniper_27.  I was chatting with my gf who turned me on to this show.  She thinks that the fox (with the lit up eye and the superhero reference) could be Jeremy Renner of Avengers/Hawkeye fame.

4 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

OK @marsniper_27.  I was chatting with my gf who turned me on to this show.  She thinks that the fox (with the lit up eye and the superhero reference) could be Jeremy Renner of Avengers/Hawkeye fame.

I've heard a few people say that and he is singer as well so it would make sense.

I haven't seen avengers and only know him from a jeep commercial that my wife pointed him out in lol

54 minutes ago, marsniper_27 said:

I've heard a few people say that and he is singer as well so it would make sense.

I haven't seen avengers and only know him from a jeep commercial that my wife pointed him out in lol

That commercial is the only way I knew he was a singer too.  😁

Frickin' Fox pulled their content from DISH Network, so I didn't get to watch this week..  Disney is climbing up into Facebook territory (the devil).

17 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Frickin' Fox pulled their content from DISH Network, so I didn't get to watch this week..  Disney is climbing up into Facebook territory (the devil).

Dang that sucks. We actually watched it last night.

Just now, marsniper_27 said:

Dang that sucks. We actually watched it last night.

Yeah.  911 is gone too.  I'm hoping I can catch up via on demand eventually.  If it doesn't get resolved soon, I may try to move to streaming via youtubetv.

16 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Yeah.  911 is gone too.  I'm hoping I can catch up via on demand eventually.  If it doesn't get resolved soon, I may try to move to streaming via youtubetv.

I am in the same boat. I use Sling to watch live TV. Don't do it too often, mostly for sports. But, with Fox gone, I can't watch my lovable Lions. Hmmmmm…...maybe that's a good thing.

OK, I'm caught up @marsniper_27.  I didn't know any of the guessed people so far other than I knew Ali had a daughter.  I think your flower guess is wrong and my flamingo is gone.  If Tina Turner were to be on that show, she'd be shaking her tail feathers, but that person is too young to be Tina.  So far, I think the least talented singers have been axed every time.  I'm looking forward to next week!