Miniature Painting

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been awhile since I painted a humanoid figure. Here is my recent one, before I have sealed her.

I too have had the painting bug recently. Here are some shots of my latest ones from the Cthulhu Wars game. Really cool minis to paint. Plus they are pretty big, which helps my sawdust filled eyes. Th

Got some good painting done this weekend. Finished my Mauler Troll for Hordes. I am pleased with him. Finished the Spartan and some other stuff. Some of this is earlier but I didn't post pics yet. 

Posted Images

Started using my new DMG mini painter holder tonight.  First mini is my Great Pumpkin doggie in honor of my brother @tgpumpkin.  I modeled the dog after a puppy that was on "The Incredible Dr. Pol" while I was painting.  I like how the leather turned out!

image.thumb.png.117721050060c53d7fb1e9212f32c19d.png

image.thumb.png.34d4475e5497db8f19d42010e65f1d6e.png

image.thumb.png.167e75ccec9258385b9d9c7f700bb442.png

Edited by Barb Bliss
9 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Started using my new DMG mini painter holder tonight.  First mini is my Great Pumpkin doggie in honor of my brother @tgpumpkin.  I modeled the dog after a puppy that was on "The Incredible Dr. Pol" while I was painting.  I like how the leather turned out!

image.thumb.png.117721050060c53d7fb1e9212f32c19d.png

image.thumb.png.34d4475e5497db8f19d42010e65f1d6e.png

image.thumb.png.167e75ccec9258385b9d9c7f700bb442.png

This is magnificent.  I’m honored.  Not only am I carrying the ancient transcripts of DMG holding all its secrets and mysteries for future generations, but clearly I am well equipped with flasks filled with ales and other delicious liquids :D 

• 2 weeks later...

I bought some paints/washes from Miniature Market, and was about $20 sort of the free shipping.  So I decided to get some accessory minis for future RPGs to get me to free shipping.  Turns out they were about a 1-2 on the quality scale (1-10).  Or in other words, pieces of crap.  I decided to just fix the easiest stuff and not worry too much to make them look good.  They're just accessories after all.  They will look much better than a drawn rectangle or oval.  I finished the pieces of crap barrels tonight, and got about 80% done with the pieces of crap beds.  If you see these online, just know they are pieces of crap.  Cameo appearances of my DMG mini painters.  Note: wanted them freed up so I could get cats on them.

image.thumb.png.e3b212ea8b9370dee6feb27288ed5040.png

In  process really pieces of crap beds

image.png.2105fa6778c9e7ecddfde465d9884389.pngimage.png.b0441bdeaa9bb08ea3d13fd3d4237465.png

12 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

I bought some paints/washes from Miniature Market, and was about $20 sort of the free shipping.  So I decided to get some accessory minis for future RPGs to get me to free shipping.  Turns out they were about a 1-2 on the quality scale (1-10).  Or in other words, pieces of crap.  I decided to just fix the easiest stuff and not worry too much to make them look good.  They're just accessories after all.  They will look much better than a drawn rectangle or oval.  I finished the pieces of crap barrels tonight, and got about 80% done with the pieces of crap beds.  If you see these online, just know they are pieces of crap.  Cameo appearances of my DMG mini painters.  Note: wanted them freed up so I could get cats on them.

image.png.2105fa6778c9e7ecddfde465d9884389.pngimage.png.b0441bdeaa9bb08ea3d13fd3d4237465.png

The beds look amazing - wow! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2020 at 9:29 PM, Barb Bliss said:

Barrels, bed, and mimic are now complete.  I didn't take take anymore pictures except for the completed mimic.  I kinda like how the floor turned out.

image.png.de9215ea6b1c0503aa77a3ce5c6fb31f.pngimage.png.8bc04593c6d0c3b6eb3c81cc99a95b7a.png

7 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Barrels, bed, and mimic are now complete.  I didn't take take anymore pictures except for the completed mimic.  I kinda like how the floor turned out.

image.png.de9215ea6b1c0503aa77a3ce5c6fb31f.pngimage.png.8bc04593c6d0c3b6eb3c81cc99a95b7a.png

That is a cool mimic. I really need to get some painting done.

1 hour ago, WxCougar said:

I've cleaned and did some green stuff on the next mini I plan to paint (a dracolisk Bones mini). Still contemplating what color to make him.

Looking forward to pictures...

I still haven't progressed from base painting my dracolisk.  I got side tracked with a diamond painting I am trying to get done for my sister's birthday. It's in June, but this thing is not small either. I am halfway done (started in December).

1 hour ago, WxCougar said:

I still haven't progressed from base painting my dracolisk.  I got side tracked with a diamond painting I am trying to get done for my sister's birthday. It's in June, but this thing is not small either. I am halfway done (started in December).

What's a diamond painting?  A painting of a diamond or is it a technique or type of paint?

53 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

What's a diamond painting?  A painting of a diamond or is it a technique or type of paint?

You have little rhinestone like "diamonds" that you attach to a sticky surface kind of like a paint with numbers. 

10 minutes ago, WxCougar said:

You have little rhinestone like "diamonds" that you attach to a sticky surface kind of like a paint with numbers. 

Probably not for me then.  I pretty much stopped anything involving beading.  My hands just don't work like they used to.

My first cat is done.  Varnish is still a little tacky.  I had a issue where I missed some gloss varnish "froth".  Drives me nuts...  But I really like how the fur turned out.

image.thumb.png.c7ec4e05fe56a38ed7b1da4eedf36a45.png

Edited by Barb Bliss
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I wanted to ask how can I sell my miniature paintings and portraits online? I've been searching on Google and the closest resources I've been able to find are in this Guide. I wanna know if there are other websites as well? Perhaps if anyone has sold their paintings anywhere I would like to know how you did it.