Konas

Miniature Painting

41 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

What do you think @Konas?  Note: the packages are really small.  The green on is around a quarter of an inch...

Wow, those are excellent. A couple things I really love are the color changes on the arms of the tree...super nice and subtle, and the teeth on the packages, especially the middle one. Great work. How in the hell did you paint those small packages so cleanly? Mine would've been a mess. 

1 minute ago, Konas said:

Wow, those are excellent. A couple things I really love are the color changes on the arms of the tree...super nice and subtle, and the teeth on the packages, especially the middle one. Great work. How in the hell did you paint those small packages so cleanly? Mine would've been a mess. 

The treant bark was my favorite thing to paint.  A lot of different layers and washes.  White primer, translucent burnt umber, dry brushing, burnt umber wash, green wash, smoke wash in the knots, and some wet brush "erasing".   The packages were a pain in the butt.  I felt I had to paint all 4 sides, which was a logistic nightmare.

Just now, Barb Bliss said:

The treant bark was my favorite thing to paint.  A lot of different layers and washes.  White primer, translucent burnt umber, dry brushing, burnt umber wash, green wash, smoke wash in the knots, and some wet brush "erasing".   The packages were a pain in the butt.  I felt I had to paint all 4 sides, which was a logistic nightmare.

'Smoke wash in the nuts'.....🤗

That's how I read that at first.

I love washes. They are some of the best, most efficient paints for minis. LOVE THEM!

4 minutes ago, Konas said:

That's how I read that at first.

I love washes. They are some of the best, most efficient paints for minis. LOVE THEM!

I do too, but it drives me crazy if I get too much on and it drips to where it shouldn't.  🤬

2 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I do too, but it drives me crazy if I get too much on and it drips to where it shouldn't.  🤬

Have you tried the Games Workshop Shades? They are the best I've worked with. Nuln oil is great. Stay away from the gloss though.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Painting-Modelling?N=1088720681+882366425&Nr=AND(sku.siteId%3AUS_gw%2Cproduct.locale%3Aen_US_gw)&Nrs=collection()%2Frecord[product.startDate+<%3D+1574252040000+and+product.endDate+>%3D+1574252040000]

3 minutes ago, Konas said:

I use Nuln a lot when doing the "massive darkness" and "village attacks" type minis.  I've switched gears recently to Grimm Forest and War time in Christmas, so I haven't used it as much.

I've also used some of the others here.  I'd like to find a good yellow wash.  The one I found is way too orange for quite a few of the applications I would want to use it for (like blond hair).  I end up just diluting paint until I get what I want.

I'm calling this one done. Lots of details not really painted but I have another whole army after this one to do for this game...we don't need to talk about the other games ...

20191120_190026.jpg

4 hours ago, marsniper_27 said:

I'm calling this one done. Lots of details not really painted but I have another whole army after this one to do for this game...we don't need to talk about the other games ...

20191120_190026.jpg

Love that blue color!

13 hours ago, marsniper_27 said:

20191120_190026.jpg

Nice work. What game is this for?

5 hours ago, Konas said:

Hah. We should be fine. We are driving on the north side of that.

Hard to fly with a bunch of guns.

True dat.

8 hours ago, marsniper_27 said:

Calling these vehicles done. (Not the bases I am out of flock)

20191129_201340.jpg

Awesome! 

On 11/30/2019 at 10:11 AM, Zoxe said:

Awesome! 

Thanks. Now I just need to figure out how to do the other army. The box art has it blackish but I have a couple armies for other games with a black/dark theme and not sure if I want to do another right now.

20191201_120943.jpg

20191201_120952.jpg

3 minutes ago, marsniper_27 said:

Thanks. Now I just need to figure out how to do the other army. The box art has it blackish but I have a couple armies for other games with a black/dark theme and not sure if I want to do another right now.

20191201_120943.jpg

20191201_120952.jpg

Ugh, so much edge highlighting. :P

For my dropfleet army, I got away with a dark gray basecoat (airbrushed gradient front to back) and then some selective drybrushing in gun metal silver.  It's not show-quality but was a heckuva lot faster! :)

14 hours ago, marsniper_27 said:

20191201_120943.jpg

20191201_120952.jpg

Looks like you got your holiday time off all spoken for.

58 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Looks like you got your holiday time off all spoken for.

Wife also bought me some more minis for xmas so I'm set for a few years with my backlog lol

2 minutes ago, marsniper_27 said:

Wife also bought me some more minis for xmas so I'm set for a few years with my backlog lol

Me too, sans a wife buying me minis.

Me too, sans a wife buying me minis.

When you can get a 2 player starter set for only $7 how do you pass up the opportunity (wrath of kings by c'mon).