Konas

Miniature Painting

On 12/24/2018 at 8:03 PM, RomyCat said:

Cool job, Barb.  What game are they for?

Village Attacks.  The monsters are the heroes.  Living in the castle, minding their own business (sort of), and these nasty villagers come storming the castle, and try to drive the heroes out of their home.

On 12/25/2018 at 10:03 PM, Barb Bliss said:

Village Attacks.  The monsters are the heroes.  Living in the castle, minding their own business (sort of), and these nasty villagers come storming the castle, and try to drive the heroes out of their home.

I've not heard of that game. The minis are cool.

Finished the Brimstone Dark Altar yesterday.  He'd been on my table for a few weeks, but yesterday was pouring rain. Lots of airbrushing inks in this, which I'm really enjoying. First time using blood FX. 

20181231_184133.thumb.jpg.ce7c929dc7cd144908f21ebcf8baa2f4.jpg20181231_184227.thumb.jpg.dee3c99cad3d8191d211c66fd3660b5d.jpg20181231_184239.thumb.jpg.a14b735d6ca898f603de227a46904e10.jpg20181231_184251.thumb.jpg.60064b46620e293725ee815fb2ff09f6.jpg

• Like 4

OOOHH I'm a sucker for crystals so I may be biased but, lovin' those crystals!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Barb i like he minis. I find the concept for that game very interesting. I watched the kickstarter but wasn't able to join in.

That looks awesome Zoxe. I struggle to get those kind of results with my airbrush. My hand starts to cramp up before to long and i end up over spraying a lot of the time.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, marsniper_27 said:

Barb i like he minis. I find the concept for that game very interesting. I watched the kickstarter but wasn't able to join in.

That looks awesome Zoxe. I struggle to get those kind of results with my airbrush. My hand starts to cramp up before to long and i end up over spraying a lot of the time.

Most of them have places that are near impossible to get into and paint.  The Massive Darkness minis were much easier in that regard.

Some nice add on's.  I will definitely be getting the xl stability arm and the Citadel wash holder.  I guess I'm not the only person that's dumped them over.

image.thumb.png.9fd3e18c60364536c74371323249d667.png

image.png.5843cd30e87ff1be5938244fd6fafc15.png

I kicked out these corpse pile tokens this weekend on a whim. They replace a cardboard piece in Shadows of Brimstone. 

About 45 minutes total time invested, including the time to mount them on paperclips so I could hold them with a wine bottle cork. Not intended to be fancy.  I may go back and put some glow in a few of the eyesockets.  Mix of airbrush, drybrush, and airbrushed inks. 

20190113_160512.thumb.jpg.e9d90890aeff4ef323053f5bb73fa69d.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

For your consideration, especially @Konas.  Early bird for only the next 3.5 hours if you "want it all".  That's ~$25 off KS which is ~$25 off retail.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2025694581/scalecolor-artist-smooth-acrylic-paints

Smooth! Love it. I still have a ton of paints left over from a prototype for a mini painting box we were considering last year. We bought about 30 colors from 3 of the big brands. And I paint less then I should. I also have a lot of my own acrylic artist's paints I use as well.

Recently, I have been finding that I like to build the bases and assemble the minis almost more than painting. Anyone else feel this way ever? It seems to be cyclical for me.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 2:01 PM, Barb Bliss said:

Pathfinder.  I really like how the rock turned out.  LOL.

image.png.cb6beddf58d844e349d7bc98a998453a.png 

image.png.9143ad84f8c7cb0961c3a135d75990dc.png  image.png.c2e2cc0b045309b23dc5066d08b59031.png

Yes, great work. You keep getting better and better every mini I see. Good work. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Konas said:

Smooth! Love it. I still have a ton of paints left over from a prototype for a mini painting box we were considering last year. We bought about 30 colors from 3 of the big brands. And I paint less then I should. I also have a lot of my own acrylic artist's paints I use as well.

Recently, I have been finding that I like to build the bases and assemble the minis almost more than painting. Anyone else feel this way ever? It seems to be cyclical for me.

I'm with ya Konas somedays i just want to build/model/modify things somedays i just want to paint my normal armies and somedays i just need to paint something different and grab a mini form a game that never gets played.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, marsniper_27 said:

I'm with ya Konas somedays i just want to build/model/modify things somedays i just want to paint my normal armies and somedays i just need to paint something different and grab a mini form a game that never gets played.

Glad I am not alone. My standing lot of built, based, and primed minis is now a small army. And there's some very cool stuff there but I keep adding to it. The L5R minis from Privateer Press keep showing up on my door too and just keep getting added to the mix. Oh well, I shall not worry bout it and just keep enjoying whatever happens. It is supposed to be fun after all.

• Like 1