Konas

Miniature Painting

@Dean, great job on Pinky. You brought happiness to a special girl. :x

An inspiring way of using your talents to help others.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Dean McQuay said:

Thanks @Zoxe! It was incredibly rewarding to "merge" my miniature painting with my nursing practice for a moment & brighten up a kids day. I'm glad to say I work at an Amazing hospital, with a Fantastic group of people, with some INCREDIBLE Kids & see WAY more "successes" in these kids journeys... more "Triumph" than "Tragedy" is how I like to put it.  But, that being said... fingers crossed & here"s hoping "Pinky" can bring some Real Unicorn Magic to her situation.

I'm out of reactions again!  DMG really needs to figure that out.

It's awesome what you are doing.  My constitution roll is always low, so it's great that the world has people like you in it.  I like seeing different people's unicorns.  There are so many different interpretations out there.  You went a completely different route than I did.  Fingers crossed for your sweet patient.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I'm out of reactions again!  DMG really needs to figure that out.

It's awesome what you are doing.  My constitution roll is always low, so it's great that the world has people like you in it.  I like seeing different people's unicorns.  There are so many different interpretations out there.  You went a completely different route than I did.  Fingers crossed for your sweet patient.

I love seeing another persons interpretations of minis too!  Helps me to develop my own ideas.  This little girl, She loves the color pink... thus the inspiration for the way I went with my paint job.  I have some other color scheme ideas if another unicorn ever comes my way to paint.

2 hours ago, Dean McQuay said:

I love seeing another persons interpretations of minis too!  Helps me to develop my own ideas.  This little girl, She loves the color pink... thus the inspiration for the way I went with my paint job.  I have some other color scheme ideas if another unicorn ever comes my way to paint.

My unicorn is on page 12...

• Like 1

Nice... A Classic white unicorn & a rainbow mane. I think the next time I do another, I’d like to try something “darker.” Like maybe purples, blacks, & greens.

18 minutes ago, Dean McQuay said:

Nice... A Classic white unicorn & a rainbow mane. I think the next time I do another, I’d like to try something “darker.” Like maybe purples, blacks, & greens.

Slathered it with mother of pearl glaze.

Been awhile since I painted a humanoid figure. Here is my recent one, before I have sealed her.

20180709_125657.jpg

• Like 7

4 hours ago, WxCougar said:

Been awhile since I painted a humanoid figure. Here is my recent one, before I have sealed her.

20180709_125657.jpg

She looks like she could be on "Claws" or "Animal Kingdom".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

She looks like she could be on "Claws" or "Animal Kingdom".

Clerics of Urgathoa are not very nice people :).

A character in chapter 2 of Cthulhu: death must die.  Not sure what emotion I'm feeling, but I must paint this mini.

image.png.dbe9f46c19fd7748f5db7df8004e757b.png

18 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

A character in chapter 2 of Cthulhu: death must die.  Not sure what emotion I'm feeling, but I must paint this mini.

image.png.dbe9f46c19fd7748f5db7df8004e757b.png

omg i love it and its name

2 minutes ago, Zoe said:

omg i love it and its name

$50 is a lot to pay for an expansion though.