14 minutes ago, Konas said:

That's very cool. Nice work. To make it a little safer, you could drop a magnet into the center of the plinth and glue one to the base of your mini and it would hold that puppy on there tight.

That mini looks amazing, btw!

Oooh, magnets would have been a great idea. I'm going to use a bit of blue tac (poster putty) to get thru this weekend.

1 hour ago, Konas said:

That's very cool. Nice work. To make it a little safer, you could drop a magnet into the center of the plinth and glue one to the base of your mini and it would hold that puppy on there tight.

That mini looks amazing, btw!

Do you have a link to magnets that are thin enough they tuck underneath the standard CMON type mini and not cause it to wobble when on the game board?

2 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

p.s. simple pleasure seeing @tgpumpkin's baby picture again.

resurrecting that abomination wasn't necessary...

...nor was linking me to relive it you savage.

;) 

5 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Do you have a link to magnets that are thin enough they tuck underneath the standard CMON type mini and not cause it to wobble when on the game board?

Typically the magnets are a disc or a cylinder; you drill a small hole and superglue the magnet flush.  

For the Freelbades bases (like the Polar Bear) there are actually recesses molded into the underside of the base ... sorta like a honeycomb if it were round instead of hex.

11 hours ago, Zoxe said:

Typically the magnets are a disc or a cylinder; you drill a small hole and superglue the magnet flush.  

For the Freelbades bases (like the Polar Bear) there are actually recesses molded into the underside of the base ... sorta like a honeycomb if it were round instead of hex.

Nothing I've painted so far have detatchable bases, and I'm not a fan of drilling out my mini.  I still feel bad about a door that I tried to recess some hinges.  Not sure it's in my DNA.

18 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Check these out. I usually use the quarter inch for a standard and go up to a half inch for large sized minis. Or I will just add two.

2 minutes ago, Konas said:

Check these out. I usually use the quarter inch for a standard and go up to a half inch for large sized minis. Or I will just add two.

Did you forget the link?

1 hour ago, Barb Bliss said:

Did you forget the link?

Yeah I did.