Jump to content

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Konas said:

That's very cool. Nice work. To make it a little safer, you could drop a magnet into the center of the plinth and glue one to the base of your mini and it would hold that puppy on there tight.

That mini looks amazing, btw!

Oooh, magnets would have been a great idea. I'm going to use a bit of blue tac (poster putty) to get thru this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Konas said:

That's very cool. Nice work. To make it a little safer, you could drop a magnet into the center of the plinth and glue one to the base of your mini and it would hold that puppy on there tight.

That mini looks amazing, btw!

Do you have a link to magnets that are thin enough they tuck underneath the standard CMON type mini and not cause it to wobble when on the game board?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

p.s. simple pleasure seeing @tgpumpkin's baby picture again.

resurrecting that abomination wasn't necessary...

...nor was linking me to relive it you savage.

;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Do you have a link to magnets that are thin enough they tuck underneath the standard CMON type mini and not cause it to wobble when on the game board?

Typically the magnets are a disc or a cylinder; you drill a small hole and superglue the magnet flush.  

For the Freelbades bases (like the Polar Bear) there are actually recesses molded into the underside of the base ... sorta like a honeycomb if it were round instead of hex.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Zoxe said:

Typically the magnets are a disc or a cylinder; you drill a small hole and superglue the magnet flush.  

For the Freelbades bases (like the Polar Bear) there are actually recesses molded into the underside of the base ... sorta like a honeycomb if it were round instead of hex.

Nothing I've painted so far have detatchable bases, and I'm not a fan of drilling out my mini.  I still feel bad about a door that I tried to recess some hinges.  Not sure it's in my DNA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Do you have a link to magnets that are thin enough they tuck underneath the standard CMON type mini and not cause it to wobble when on the game board?

Check these out. I usually use the quarter inch for a standard and go up to a half inch for large sized minis. Or I will just add two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Konas said:

Check these out. I usually use the quarter inch for a standard and go up to a half inch for large sized minis. Or I will just add two.

Did you forget the link?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barb Bliss said:

Did you forget the link?

Yeah I did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...