Sign in to follow this  
Lindsey

PPCs (Player Pet Characters)

This might be the nerdiest thread I've ever started but I'm going for it! At Dog Might we love our pets waaaaay too much and take every opportunity to spoil, nerdify, and humanize them. So I was curious what characters our pets would play in adventures. List your animal and what character they would play in a fantasy RPG game. I know I'm not the only one who has thought about this ;) 

Image result for sawdust dogmight

Name: Sawdust the Wary

Race: Half-Breed 

Class: Ranger

Best Known Skill: Marking the trail (to this day the party has never gotten lost)

Famous for: Surviving the infamous forest of Geog Ria alone and on foot

Most Ashamed of: Wetting himself in the presence of a Frost Giant

Sawdust is well known for his ability to move silently through any terrain. By the time you feel his nose pressing into your back it's already too late. Slow to make friends due to an unlucky childhood, this orphan has found a new family with a group of questionable and often drunk brigands. Often overwhelmed by the noises of the city, Sawdust can be found seeking solitude within the many forests that surround his home. An excellent hunter and companion, no party will ever be lost or starve with this Ranger to lead the way. And while he may not be the first into battle (or second or third), he will still be there....somewhere. Luckily he's excellent at finding ways to avoid conflict at every opportunity and would rather leave his enemies lost and confused and he fades into the forest once again. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Name: RomyCat

Race: Khajiit

Class: Mage

Best Known Skill: Putting dogs in their place with the Stare of Petrify.

Famous for: Ending the Hundred Year War of Tails. She was the negotiator between the two sides. When they refuse to reach a compromise, she put a spell on all their tasty treats, making them tasteless until they agreed to end the war.

Most Ashamed of: As a kitten, she accidentally set the barn on fire while practicing magic.

RomyCat is a dignify spell master who has trained many apprentices. Sadly, a few of them eventually turned to the dark side and she had to hunt them down, banishing them to the netherworld. Still, she is a highly respected instructor, mentor, and friend to her remaining students. She has semi-retired after serving two decades on the High Council and went back to teaching younglings who occasionally start forest fires while practicing their magic. Fortunately, she has mastered all the elements and uses water spells to negate their mistakes. 

DSC_0051.JPG

Edited by RomyCat
  • Like 3

Sadly, I don't have a picture, but she was a tortoise shell with pumpkin colored war paint on her face.  She was a beautiful girl, with attitude.

Name: Juniper Pearl aka The Hissomatic

Race: elf

Class: Barbarian

Best Known Skill: Keeping a watchful eye over the group and alerting everyone of intruders 

Famous for: Striking fear into the most fearsome warriors with her guttural war chants.

Most Ashamed of: Pooping on the spot when getting an upset stomach.  You never know, it might help

The hissomatic will never back down from a challenge.  Even when rippling with fear, she will do whatever it takes to scare intruders away.  Under her watchful eye, you could always rest assured that you could rest without fear.  Whether blocking entry or leaping onto intruders, she was always on the clock.  When all is secure, she's a best friend of everyone in the party.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mustang.thumb.jpg.0a6af47cc1fcb35043b13be6f9912c08.jpg

Name: Mustang

Race: Labrador with Newfoundland/Bernese

Class: Babyface beast

Best Known Skill: hypnotize enemy before their dead

Famous for: getting rid of all his enemies in one shot alone

Most Ashamed of: be affraid of himself in the mirror

This animal is a weapon of incomparable fight, his babyface look will charm you and the time of think, it will be too late, the hand which brandished your sword will not be your member anymore...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Serge Darveau said:

Name: Mustang

Race: Labrador with Newfoundland/Bernese

Class: Babyface beast

Best Known Skill: hypnotize enemy before their dead

Famous for: getting rid of all his enemies in one shot alone

Most Ashamed of: be affraid of himself in the mirror

This animal is a weapon of incomparable fight, his babyface look will charm you and the time of think, it will be too late, the hand which brandished your sword will not be your member anymore...

What a beauty.

• Thanks 1

Shiloh.thumb.jpg.6ec5778f4d8e9c929c8a94236412e26a.jpg

Name: Shiloh

Race: Labrador with Bernese

Class: Nigthmare ninja

Best Known Skill: Invisible in a new moon night

Famous for: destroying all his enemy in one night

Ashamed of: be visible at daylight

He's knowing all the ancient way to be close to you before your death, when you see his brown eyes, it's too late for your life.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what I'm enjoying more.  The pet pictures or the stories.  This is my favorite thread so far!

Just now, Serge Darveau said:

Name: Shiloh

Race: Labrador with Bernese

Class: Nigthmare ninja

Best Known Skill: Invisible in a new moon night

Famous for: destroying all his enemy in one night

Ashamed of: be visible at daylight

He's knowing all the ancient way to be close to you before your death, when you see his brown eyes, it's too late for your life.

The chain is ominous looking.  Adds to the nightmare mystique.

Posted (edited)

Name: Dantonio

Race: green severum

Class: Battle Wizard

Best Known Skill: Designing/executing battle plans and always knows when it's time for the next meal.

Famous for: Slaying rodents

Most Ashamed of: Being bedazzled by shiny stars which lead to his last parties downfall.

Dantonio is a mastermind.  There is no dragon, regardless of size, that he feels can't be slayed as long as the company is true.  Dantonio is a natural leader, and fierce warriors chosen by Dantonio to join his group will follow him into any battle.  Once he let's the lion out of the cage, victory is assured, and there is much rejoicing and dancing.

image.png.a3b8f856f665d1402e478a0ca220d822.png

Edited by Barb Bliss
  • Like 4

Pacha.thumb.jpg.e448bcc609be42911b6715332ee9deba.jpg

Name: Pacha

Race: Puddy tat (i did i did taw a puddy tat)

Class: Apart

Best Known Skill: Hunting Dodo birds and Tweety birds, steeling gold everywhere

Famous for: There's no more Dodo birds

Most Ashamed of: pooping on his gold coins

.Hunter and bandit at the same time, he survives at all the dangers, daytime and night.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Serge Darveau said:

Name: Pacha

Race: Puddy tat (i did i did taw a puddy tat)

Class: Apart

Best Known Skill: Hunting Dodo birds and Tweety birds, steeling gold everywhere

Famous for: There's no more Dodo birds

Most Ashamed of: pooping on his gold coins

.Hunter and bandit at the same time, he survives at all the dangers, daytime and night.

Sufferin succotash! 

Edited by Barb Bliss

1 minute ago, Konas said:

These are amazing. Barb's fish mastermind is priceless!

He's a cool fish.  He's a tad under the size of my palm, but will get at least 80% bigger still.

Just now, Barb Bliss said:

He's a cool fish.  He's a tad under the size of my palm, but will get at least 80% bigger still.

I had Oscars back in school. They were wonderfully vicious. And got huge.

th0YVBFLKA.jpg

2 minutes ago, Konas said:

I had Oscars back in school. They were wonderfully vicious. And got huge.

I did too.  His name was Smeedley.  He would jump out of the tank to get a piece of shrimp I dangled.  Dantonio is much more personable.

Edited by Barb Bliss

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 6:03 PM, RomyCat said:

Name: RomyCat

Race: Khajiit

Class: Mage

Best Known Skill: Putting dogs in their place with the Stare of Petrify.

Famous for: Ending the Hundred Year War of Tails. She was the negotiator between the two sides. When they refuse to reach a compromise, she put a spell on all their tasty treats, making them tasteless until they agreed to end the war.

Most Ashamed of: As a kitten, she accidentally set the barn on fire while practicing magic.

RomyCat is a dignify spell master who has trained many apprentices. Sadly, a few of them eventually turned to the dark side and she had to hunt them down, banishing them to the netherworld. Still, she is a highly respected instructor, mentor, and friend to her remaining students. She has semi-retired after serving two decades on the High Council and went back to teaching younglings who occasionally start forest fires while practicing their magic. Fortunately, she has mastered all the elements and uses water spells to negate their mistakes. 

DSC_0051.JPG

Ah yes, the Hundred Year War of Tails. Much fur was lost, many whiskers torn asunder. Those were dark days indeed. 

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Konas said:

Ah yes, the Hundred Year War of Tails. Much fur was lost, many whiskers torn asunder. Those were dark days indeed. 

I had another cat that probably fought in that war.  Her name was Kunta Kitte.  She only had half a tail.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I guess I could go and get some more pets....

16 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Come on guys.  Don't let this thread go dormant.  Please!