RomyCat

DMG gift--Which wood is it?

31 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

Padauk?

That's it! Nice work. Look at the feathery grain. This is unfinished so the color hasn't come out yet 

1 minute ago, Konas said:

That's it! Nice work. Look at the feathery grain. This is unfinished so the color hasn't come out yet 

Cool - I even had the right reason for it!

2 minutes ago, Konas said:

My Padauk dice chest doesn't look even remotely like those boards...

I’m really enjoying this gameshow “Woodn’t you like to Know” @Konas has got going here.  Now we just need to spruce it up with some showcase showdowns and daily doubles and I think we have a new DMG hot item.  We’ll have to change the bonus rounds into acorny wood puns to really add theme to the show.  

@Konas also needs to get some gameshow host attire.  

4BEC98A8-BDC3-4179-A867-AC92AF41CFBC.png

14 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

I’m really enjoying this gameshow “Woodn’t you like to Know” @Konas has got going here.  Now we just need to spruce it up with some showcase showdowns and daily doubles and I think we have a new DMG hot item.  We’ll have to change the bonus rounds into acorny wood puns to really add theme to the show.  

Spruce it up?  I'm feeling all willowy right now.

6 minutes ago, WxCougar said:

Aww, and here I was liking this thread before the puns showed up ;).

It's unbeleafable right?  Now you're not just liking it...but LOVING IT!!!!!!!!

19 hours ago, Thomas Browne said:

Wow - there's a name I haven't seen on here in a while.  Hope he's doing well.

Hey! Still here and still well. The holiday lead-up and subsequent holiday season just bogged me down. I don't even know where to begin posting, haha, so I'll just fire one off here. I'm going to try to get back into the conversation a bit more, but January-March is busy for me because I'm prepping for my company's new catalog that comes out in March. In related DMG news, I just got the notification form the dice KS on Wednesday that my Redheart D6s are on the way!

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Hey! Still here and still well. The holiday lead-up and subsequent holiday season just bogged me down. I don't even know where to begin posting, haha, so I'll just fire one off here. I'm going to try to get back into the conversation a bit more, but January-March is busy for me because I'm prepping for my company's new catalog that comes out in March. In related DMG news, I just got the notification form the dice KS on Wednesday that my Redheart D6s are on the way!

Glad to hear it.  And yeah.. I keep hoping/waiting for word on my KS dice :)

(pssst... that was a hint @Zoe:D )

22 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

I went for the bones (or was it antler) which I remember hearing were going to take the longest to get out, so not holding my breath waiting.  On the plus side my BoRo dice tower came and is beautiful.

2 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

It's unbeleafable right?  Now you're not just liking it...but LOVING IT!!!!!!!!

They must sap @WxCougar's strength, not that she'd bark about it.

Just now, Barb Bliss said:

I went for the bones (or was it antler) which I remember hearing were going to take the longest to get out, so not holding my breath waiting.  On the plus side my BoRo dice tower came and is beautiful.

I know I went for a Redheart boulder.. and then did both B&W ebony d10 set, and a single Cocobolo d10.

1 minute ago, Thomas Browne said:

I know I went for a Redheart boulder.. and then did both B&W ebony d10 set, and a single Cocobolo d10.

I take it that the 2D10 was for a game.

I ordered a Redheart boulder for my husband since he clearly needs more dice ;).  And then I'm still not entirely sure what the other set is going to be other than mine. I'm assuming poor @Zoe is going crazy with emails.

2 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I take it that the 2D10 was for a game.

Well mainly for KD:M, but also anything that needed percentile dice - wanted a single d10 separate from the set.

1 minute ago, WxCougar said:

I ordered a Redheart boulder for my husband since he clearly needs more dice ;).  And then I'm still not entirely sure what the other set is going to be other than mine. I'm assuming poor @Zoe is going crazy with emails.

I love my Chechen boulder.  I hope you guys get one as lovely as @ElysianPeace's redheart boulder is.

1 hour ago, Thomas Browne said:

The Cocobolo set is all done and ready! Other two still in progress. :)

45 minutes ago, WxCougar said:

I am ONLY about 24 hours behind on most of them now!!! The email I sent you last week I need @Konas for now that they're all done with meetings this week.

4 minutes ago, Zoe said:

The Cocobolo set is all done and ready! Other two still in progress. :)

Well only a single Cocobolo -but yeah.. I figured I had some rarer woods in there, so thought that might be delaying things.

I was by no means concerned.

5 minutes ago, Zoe said:

I am ONLY about 24 hours behind on most of them now!!! The email I sent you last week I need @Konas for now that they're all done with meetings this week.

Then you can catch up on all the KS comments :D

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 2:34 PM, Thomas Browne said:

Then you can catch up on all the KS comments :D

Oh, you do not want to do that....

On 1/11/2019 at 6:26 AM, tgpumpkin said:

4BEC98A8-BDC3-4179-A867-AC92AF41CFBC.png

Hey, a great idea for the next DMG game. A wood trivia game.  One category should be "Would you guess my Wood?"   Another about wood facts like "Which of the following wood is toxic?"  Answer: Barb's famous rosewood.