Lindsey

Favorite Board Game Artists

I wanted to give a shout out to some of my friends in the industry who work hard to make sure the games we play look amazing! Then I got curious on what other people's favorite board game artists were. List your favorite industry artist here!

Fernanda Suarez is the illustrator for Dead of Winter and Ashes, two of my favorite games! She's an amazing person and artist and has definitely left her mark on the industry. We have no less then 3 pieces of her work hanging in Dog Might HQ.

Related image

You can see more of her work and support her here!

https://www.patreon.com/fdasuarez

• Like 1

Alyssa Menold is a full time artist for Wyrd Games and a super awesome person. I've been lucky enough to work with her on some projects and she is one of the fastest and most diverse artists out there. She's going to be big in the industry so keep an eye out for her work!

hunter170126.jpg

http://alyssamenold.com/

• Like 1

Andrew Thompson is somewhat new to the tabletop industry but I believe his iconic look will soon be well known. Dog Might got lucky enough to team up with this talented individual for our new game Countdown and he's done a great job bringing the 80's back! Hopefully this is just the beginning of a long and awesome partnership between this killer artist and the Dog Might design team.

full.jpgSe

See more of Andrew's work here https://schmandrewart.com/portfolio/

• Like 2

I love the work of Tomasz Jedruszek. Most of what I have seen from him has been in the Game of Thrones card game...does that count, @Lindsey?

400px-Tomasz_Jedruszek_Army_of_Scorpions_II.jpg

61562b321b332e7f8294c976298e95cf.jpg

219459_1311539597_large.jpg

• Like 1

Most recently I'm digging on the art for Forbidden Lands by Free League. Backed it on Kickstarter last week and the art is fantastic, lots of stuff from different artists but all in a very retro-fantasy style. Most of the art is by Nils Gulliksson, but my favorite piece is the cover art from Simon Stålenhag.

ForbiddenLandsCover.png

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Blinkus Maximus said:

Most recently I'm digging on the art for Forbidden Lands by Free League. Backed it on Kickstarter last week and the art is fantastic, lots of stuff from different artists but all in a very retro-fantasy style. Most of the art is by Nils Gulliksson, but my favorite piece is the cover art from Simon Stålenhag.

ForbiddenLandsCover.png

YES! Love this as well. Also, love the engine used in that game...it's from Mutant: Year Zero. 

21 minutes ago, Konas said:

YES! Love this as well. Also, love the engine used in that game...it's from Mutant: Year Zero. 

To be completely honest, I hadn't even heard of Free League before this, and that saddens me greatly. I feel like I've missed out on so much.

Still, the art drew me in and the description of the game and the overwhelming support from previous customers sold me on it. I'm strongly considering bringing Mutant: Year Zero to my game group in the next couple months to see if I can get at least a couple excited for it during the wait for Forbidden Lands.

Just now, Blinkus Maximus said:

To be completely honest, I hadn't even heard of Free League before this, and that saddens me greatly. I feel like I've missed out on so much.

Still, the art drew me in and the description of the game and the overwhelming support from previous customers sold me on it. I'm strongly considering bringing Mutant: Year Zero to my game group in the next couple months to see if I can get at least a couple excited for it during the wait for Forbidden Lands.

We have been playing Mutant: Genlab Alpha for a little bit now (I believe I wrote about it on these forums somewhere). I highly recommend it...highly. Mutated anthropomorphic weasels and bears...nuff said.

Ryan Laukat is both a game designer and artist who did the artwork for Above and below, Islebound, Near and Far,  The Ancient World, and City of Iron. Its rare for an artist to also be a great game designer, but Ryan is able to balance both skills equally well. His style is bright, colorful, and whimsical, creating the fantasy world his games are set in. 

above-or-below-canvas big.jpg

a-city-of-iron-canvas.jpg

NEAR-AND-FAR.jpg

• Like 2

If you consider photography artwork, I really like the campaign for "Triplock".

image.png.f8bfa91592988b37be8735dfa7da2098.png

Another game that sucked me in with the artwork is "Infected"

image.png.9cfcca9eb212c8896d820b1b52e64caf.png

image.thumb.png.7bbf71875d19f8896bb7381b1ee78170.png

• Like 1

Of course we can't forget Shannon Kelly and team on the Lucidity campaign.  They even made avatars for backers.  Even the box is cool.

image.png.36e02d6aa53d951d64981358a0b34fe5.pngimage.png.a6b7dd080f9a77a0f63be3e78ccccaaf.pngimage.png.118a29518b3852022a39bae2a41f7232.pngimage.png.a82b47ab209f31e556358b0e26833f14.pngimage.png.e2bb1409ba75d0a720a658479b29e2d7.pngimage.png.7a8a16a734da2ec86c0cfc7a5ab8e35f.pngimage.png.afc6bbf354d46edb38f129a8b5a3d056.png

2 hours ago, RomyCat said:

Barb, that artwork sold be on Triplock. Can't wait to play it.

I want to find someone else in the twin cities so I can try the 3 player game variant.

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 11:02 AM, Barb Bliss said:

If you consider photography artwork, I really like the campaign for "Triplock".

image.png.f8bfa91592988b37be8735dfa7da2098.png

Another game that sucked me in with the artwork is "Infected"

image.png.9cfcca9eb212c8896d820b1b52e64caf.png

image.thumb.png.7bbf71875d19f8896bb7381b1ee78170.png

If you like Infected, you may like the expansion...and the fact that we may be involved...

• Like 1

Hm, I'm curious what the clue means. You play-test....or created a wooden add-on....or you are infected with a tree disease. 

12 hours ago, RomyCat said:

Hm, I'm curious what the clue means. You play-test....or created a wooden add-on....or you are infected with a tree disease. 

You'll just have to wait and see. It's not finalized yet...

On 10/12/2017 at 6:36 AM, Konas said:

You'll just have to wait and see. It's not finalized yet...

I'm hoping some of my suggestions make the expansion.  I suggested "the quack" card.  Die role card.  The quack can kill you, do nothing, or around a 20% chance of curing you. 

3 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

I'm hoping some of my suggestions make the expansion.  I suggested "the quack" card.  Die role card.  The quack can kill you, do nothing, or around a 20% chance of curing you. 

Kids, don't do Quack.

• Haha 1