Sign in to follow this  
RomyCat

Upgrading my Gloomhaven

Been at it again. This time I made my own slime army for Gloomhaven using leftover Halloween decorations and hot glue.

Slime Army for Gloomhaven.JPG

• Haha 1

Barb, they were easy to make. Cut up cheap plastic skellies, add nails and miscellaneous other objects, pour a ton of hot glue on them, then paint. 

Finally I began playing Gloomhaven with my sister. Our first scenario did not end well. Mid game we were attacked by a huge, ferocious beast with long claws and tail. She sent us flying across the dungeon. She even knocked down doors. After we recovered from  her attack, we were defeated by an archer picking us off as we entered a long hallway.

Dabber gloom.jpg

• Haha 5

We fared much better on our next run through of the same dungeon. The second scenario allowed me to use a lot of my cool terrain I had been working on. 

Gloomhaven scene 3.jpg

Gloomhaven scene 3 trees.jpg

Gloomhaven scene 3 bookcases.jpg

Edited by RomyCat
  • Like 7

@RomyCat This looks so awesome.  My copy of Gloomhaven came just before we left for PAX Unplugged. Between that, the holiday, and trying to get KDM under control I haven't done much with it other than take inventory.  But soon!

15 hours ago, Zoxe said:

@RomyCat This looks so awesome.  My copy of Gloomhaven came just before we left for PAX Unplugged. Between that, the holiday, and trying to get KDM under control I haven't done much with it other than take inventory.  But soon!

Still waiting.... >:(

• Sad 2

Hopefully yours will come in soon. Then you can use those fancy doors you painted for the other game for this one. No “The Thing” though, as a monster.

13 hours ago, RomyCat said:

Hopefully yours will come in soon. Then you can use those fancy doors you painted for the other game for this one. No “The Thing” though, as a monster.

I think you're going to like "Liz Taylor".  I've got the gloss coat on her, but had to stop there yesterday.  I've been preparing more minis for priming as the weather has the temp going up to 48 degrees today.   Note: I cut myself with the exacto knife, but was too stubborn to quit.  The knife kind of looks like a horror show now what with the dried blood all over the handle.

I finally broke down and bought a digital camera on Black Friday, so I don't have to rely on visitors to take pictures for me.

1 hour ago, tgpumpkin said:

Officially got my notification for gloomhaven.  It arrives on Wednesday. :)

Hurry, you finally get to play soon.  Have you put together your Broken Token yet? You're really going to need it when you start punching out the many pieces for Gloomhaven.

Edited by RomyCat
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

Hurry, you finally get to play soon.  Have you put together your Broken Token yet? You're really going to need it when you start punching out the many pieces for Gloomhaven.

No I have to though.  Probably do that this weekend.

i also got my Scythe upgrade box this weekend.  Wind gambit releases this weekend too.

all the things!!!!!  Gourd grief 

Good luck, Tgpumpkin. I have been having a blast with it, but my removable stickers I preordered from CoolStuff is not end yet, and I ordered them several months ago. My sister is frustrated that we can't fill out our map properly. I am using a pdf map which I downloaded from BGG, but it is only visible on my computer. Would be nice if we can actually put stickers on the board itself. Maybe I should have skipped the removable stickers and played the legacy game straight--like with did with Pandemic and Seafall. Sigh. I will try to wait patiently for my stickers. 

Oh, my copy of The Wind Gambit for Scythe came in today. I need to read over the rules then we can play it soon.

Edited by RomyCat

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 12:28 AM, RomyCat said:

We fared much better on our next run through of the same dungeon. The second scenario allowed me to use a lot of my cool terrain I had been working on. 

Gloomhaven scene 3.jpg

Gloomhaven scene 3 trees.jpg

Gloomhaven scene 3 bookcases.jpg

This looks amazing!!!!