Konas

Game Table for Live Stream

So, we are super excited to be filming a live stream of a DnD here at the shop. 

In preparation for the filing, I will be building a monster table on which to play. 5 PCs and a DM with room for maps and minis and screens and wood stuffs. I will be showing you my progress here. I started this thread a bit late in the process and have the first half built. It is in finishing now.

He are my plans for it.

The DM will sit on the right end, which is slightly angled for the camera. The players will site around the table. I gave each player 30" of table space, which should work well for space and the camera angles.

Table-Wotc.jpg

• Thanks 1

Here is the first half after one coat of lacquer. I used all scrap from the shop. This is the right side of the table. You can see the angled edge for the DM. It is made out of our most popular woods, Flame Birch, African Mahogany, Ash, Walnut, and Bubinga.

IMG_2810.jpg

IMG_2811.jpg

IMG_2812.jpg

• Like 8

Today, I will start the second half. More pics to come.

1 minute ago, Konas said:

Today, I will start the second half. More pics to come.

Makes me wonder just how heavy this bad boy is...

20 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Makes me wonder just how heavy this bad boy is...

Fairly heavy but not to bad for how long it is. It is just a top. It will be resting on our shipping tables. We need to be able to take it down when we aren't filming.

16 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

Looking sexy... although it does need a nice slap of Redheart or BoRo in there just for highlights :D

I know. I want o put it where I will be sitting. My own little Red Heart seating marker!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Konas said:

I know. I want o put it where I will be sitting. My own little Red Heart seating marker!

LOL - I actually was expecting that.  Put a highlight wood at each seating position.

Of course that means the DM has to get Wenge - because we all know that all DM's are sinister :D

Finished the table today and put it in place in our in stock office. Mostly holds shipping supplies and a spot for photos. Big transformation. Tomorrow, we will put up some fabric to finish off the edges.

We also only had one light bulb.

IMG_2819.JPG

IMG_2821.JPG

IMG_2830.JPG

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I've been in that room!  It looks much cleaner now!

I don't know about 'much'...

Just now, Konas said:

I don't know about 'much'...

Last time I saw it there were dice everywhere on the floor.  It looked like a unicorn barfed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

Last time I saw it there were dice everywhere on the floor.  It looked like a unicorn barfed.

They are still there but much more organized now. @Zoe gets the credit for that.

I like the wood panels on the wall with the lights. That's pretty cool. (All the better when light bulbs work ; )).  Table top is pretty cool also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas Browne said:

I don't see the redheart seat marker though! :D

Yeah, I didn't want to be presumptuous on where I would sit. Plus, all the red heart we have is spoken for by you

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Konas said:

Yeah, I didn't want to be presumptuous on where I would sit. Plus, all the red heart we have is spoken for by you

#SorryNotSorry

• Haha 1

So, got more of the set done today. Almost finished. Thought I would share some pics. Plus, some of the custom product we are making for the palyers is ready as well. Mine is the Pink Heart sentinel. The DM Screen is not the one we will be using. That one will have a Beholder on it!

IMG_2842.jpg

IMG_2844.jpg

IMG_2845.jpg

IMG_2847.jpg

IMG_2849.jpg

• Like 8