RomyCat

Someone made a 3D printed version of the CoCo's

DMG, I was surfing the web looking for 3D models for Gloomhaven and came across this. 

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2402641

I was not sure if I should be upset or flattered that they copied your idea.  Anyway, I thought you should be made aware of it, if you had not seen it yet.

I am much happier having the wood version than a plastic version. 

• Like 1

It irks me that they are ripping off the design, to include the magnets.  They acknowledged that they took the idea directly from the CoCo Kickstarter.  They will be missing out.  If I wanted plastic to organize my bits I could snag takeout containers and Tupperware.  The real deal CoCo will elevate the game experience in a way these won't be able to replicate. 

Give me Luster! Unique grain! Heft! Expert artisan craftsmanship! 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, RomyCat said:

DMG, I was surfing the web looking for 3D models for Gloomhaven and came across this. 

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2402641

I was not sure if I should be upset or flattered that they copied your idea.  Anyway, I thought you should be made aware of it, if you had not seen it yet.

I am much happier having the wood version than a plastic version. 

Thanks @RomyCat ! We have seen this and we were surprised, flattered, and a few other emotions haha. 

Imitation is the purest form of flattery. We saw this while the campaign was running. We sent an email to thingiverse asking them to take it down, but they wouldn't. I did happen to notice that there weren't specific instructions for getting the polarity of the magnets right. That will be fun for them to figure out. Especially because once the magnets are put in place, it is nearly impossible to get them out.

• Haha 3

On 10/2/2017 at 7:50 AM, Konas said:

Imitation is the purest form of flattery. We saw this while the campaign was running. We sent an email to thingiverse asking them to take it down, but they wouldn't. I did happen to notice that there weren't specific instructions for getting the polarity of the magnets right. That will be fun for them to figure out. Especially because once the magnets are put in place, it is nearly impossible to get them out.

Must be Michigan grads.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Konas said:

Yeah, saw that. There's a lot of start ups out there. We wish each and every one of them the best.

You guys might want to consider getting a patent.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

You guys might want to consider getting a patent.

We are looking into it....

• Like 2

yes I have many times thought you guys should get a patent for your system.  worth the time and investment I'm sure!

• Like 2