Sign in to follow this  
Zoe

Non-gaming & non-wood hobbies!

5 hours ago, Konas said:

I love mountain biking. Where I live we have some of the best trails in the state. Now, Lindsey and I run on them a lot. We will start biking them once she gets a bike.

It's a double edged strategy to staying fit.  The past 2 days I cleared maybe 30 yards of trail and got access to 4 old locust trees that had died or were mostly dead.  Quite the workout getting the trail opened, and yet another when it's done and ready for bikes.

6 hours ago, RomyCat said:

Got a 3 part sc-fi trilogy out. I had a BLAST writing them.  Also have a fantasy novel.  It was actually the first book I ever wrote. Took three years to finish the rough draft, but I very much enjoyed the process. I'm working on editing its sequel now, though most of my writing takes place over extended breaks like summer and Christmas.  I also wrote a history fiction novel. That one was the hardest to write due to a vast about of research required to make it historically accurate.  Boy, do I know a lot about Roman history now. Which was actually pretty useful when writing my sci-fi series as it dealt with a government that, at times, echoed issues dealing with the the late Roman time period.  

If you would like to check out my books, here is the link:  my books

Closest I've come to being an author was the St Paul news paper.  They have a deal called "the bulletin board".  I was "The Blissful Babe of Nordeast".  It amounted to relating stories in my life or pointing out stupid stuff.  For example being in the local Target store, and seeing the sign "Stationary" over the writing paper.  I pointed out to a manager that the sign was misspelled.  He gave me the brush off.  I decided the sign was correct after all as it hasn't changed and hasn't moved at all.

Edited by Barb Bliss

On 10/13/2018 at 4:25 PM, RomyCat said:

@Barb Bliss, how funny. I would give you a reaction, but I'm out.  ?

Another one I was telling about being 3 miles from rolling my odometer to 100k.  Watching it tick down  in rush hour traffic, 999997, 999998, 999999, 100002.  Arggggg!!!  I'll have to keep my car for another 100k miles now.  She gave it a valid try, but I traded her in around 178,500.  The AC crapped out, and I couldn't get my windows to go up and down anymore.  Best car I ever had.  Camery Wagon.

Edited by Barb Bliss
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1