Sign in to follow this  
LaBelleFleur

Does anyone have this combo?

Does anyone here have a combination of Flame Birch with Ruby finish and the Red Wine lining? I ordered my first Adventure Case last week and wanted to go for this combo, but was worried the lining would be redder than pictured and clash.

If you have the combo, how does it look in person?

14 minutes ago, LaBelleFleur said:

Does anyone here have a combination of Flame Birch with Ruby finish and the Red Wine lining? I ordered my first Adventure Case last week and wanted to go for this combo, but was worried the lining would be redder than pictured and clash.

If you have the combo, how does it look in person?

@Konas or @Zoe would be your best bets.  I think "Ruby" is called "Imperial Ruby" in a lot of other places?   I have an "Imperial Ruby" skirmish box with the black felt lining.  I personally like the black felt.  Some places are more purple, and some places are more garnet colored.  The black works with both.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

@Konas or @Zoe would be your best bets.  I think "Ruby" is called "Imperial Ruby" in a lot of other places?   I have an "Imperial Ruby" skirmish box with the black felt lining.  I personally like the black felt.  Some places are more purple, and some places are more garnet colored.  The black works with both.

Thank you so much! ☺️ I was debating between black and brown... wanted the textured lining, but didn’t want it as textured as the Black Dragonhide, if that makes any sense at all LOL. Maybe I should’ve stuck with the felt... I know I’ll love my Adventure Case regardless!

Just now, LaBelleFleur said:

Thank you so much! ☺️ I was debating between black and brown... wanted the textured lining, but didn’t want it as textured as the Black Dragonhide, if that makes any sense at all LOL. Maybe I should’ve stuck with the felt... I know I’ll love my Adventure Case regardless!

Get the lights!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

Get the lights!

Did you check out the Valhalla Screens with the accessories?  I bought and AC, but am thinking I'll end up using the screens and use the AC for storage.

Get the lights!

I opted for no lights because I’ll be using those sections for my dice, and I’m a beginner D&D player, so DMing is a ways off for me yet! If I ever get into DMing, I might just have to get a proper screen from Dog Might... 😜

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LaBelleFleur said:

I opted for no lights because I’ll be using those sections for my dice, and I’m a beginner D&D player, so DMing is a ways off for me yet! If I ever get into DMing, I might just have to get a proper screen from Dog Might... 😜

image.png.a198f0b02d298d2424e6dcb5b922115e.png

2 minutes ago, LaBelleFleur said:

Something else to consider if you are a beginner D&D, is an XL Sheath.  You can get an interior for carrying your figure and your dice.

• Like 1

I just want to sit behind it and admire the beauty of it all, no game required.

That was my thought.  Here's my screen!

image.png.f8051475963f7f8427b3278ea70f24d4.png

image.png.54e6c06a92045f08c7cecf45d5d53fcd.png

• Like 3

XL sheaths are great for carrying dice. I have a regular sheath that I use for mini carrying.  But then, I also have a lot of dice so I have an xl sheath and 2 dragon sheaths plus a Sentinel... I may have a problem ;)

• Like 1

That was my thought.  Here's my screen!

image.png.f8051475963f7f8427b3278ea70f24d4.png

image.png.54e6c06a92045f08c7cecf45d5d53fcd.png

It's black limba!

It’s absolutely beautiful! 😍

It’s absolutely beautiful! 😍

Thanks.  Unfortunately I got sucked in to buying a second one.  I need a second one like I need another hole in my head, but I really dug the finish.  Dark Rainbow.  If you keep a close look on the stock page, you can find some real cool stuff pop up from time to time.

image.png.a6613f3bb89b12a69d71c62a7c72a8d3.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WxCougar said:

XL sheaths are great for carrying dice. I have a regular sheath that I use for mini carrying.  But then, I also have a lot of dice so I have an xl sheath and 2 dragon sheaths plus a Sentinel... I may have a problem ;)

The Sentinel (along with the CoCo) is next on my purchase list... I wanted something with a dice tray built first in and was worried about rolling directly on the wood in the Sentinel compartments.

Just now, Barb Bliss said:

Thanks.  Unfortunately I got sucked in to buying a second one.  I need a second one like I need another hole in my head, but I really dug the finish.  Dark Rainbow.  If you keep a close look on the stock page, you can find some real cool stuff pop up from time to time.

This one will be wall art.  I have a room with some ebony dragon trays, and this will find a prime location.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

This one will be wall art.  I have a room with some ebony dragon trays, and this will find a prime location.

That one is incredible. I love it! I think if I keep a close eye on the stock page like I want to my wallet will cry haha.

3 minutes ago, LaBelleFleur said:

The Sentinel (along with the CoCo) is next on my purchase list... I wanted something with a dice tray built first in and was worried about rolling directly on the wood in the Sentinel compartments.

I would go with a CoCo XL or a dragon tray then.

• Like 1

That one is incredible. I love it! I think if I keep a close eye on the stock page like I want to my wallet will cry haha.

Several of us underdogs have crying wallets.  I'll have to work an extra year or so longer before I retire, and I blame @Konas for all of it!  @Thomas Browne is another guy with a crying wallet.  We keep urging the other to buy something that we are tempted to buy, but don't want to spend more money at the time.  😈

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, RomyCat said:

@Barb Bliss, your house will be a beautiful museum dedicated to showcasing  wooden art from around the world...at at least from DMG.

Here's my dragon tray.  The ebony stain on ash is really reasonable (relatively speaking).

image.png.19371c69facb3b1fe1ec877970f41cc6.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Several of us underdogs have crying wallets.  I'll have to work an extra year or so longer before I retire, and I blame @Konas for all of it!  @Thomas Browne is another guy with a crying wallet.  We keep urging the other to buy something that we are tempted to buy, but don't want to spend more money at the time.  😈

Hah! I told myself I need to wait at least until my Adventure Case gets here before I buy anything else... but I don’t know if I’ll be able to resist.

Hah! I told myself I need to wait at least until my Adventure Case gets here before I buy anything else... but I don’t know if I’ll be able to resist.

My biggest problem is @Konas keeps coming up with even cooler stuff.  He said that over the next few weeks a lot of stuff is going up on the stock page (pre-Christmas buying options).  Either avoid it like the plague or keep a weathered eye for something you just have to have.

• Like 1

Just now, Barb Bliss said:

My biggest problem is @Konas keeps coming up with even cooler stuff.  He said that over the next few weeks a lot of stuff is going up on the stock page (pre-Christmas buying options).  Either avoid it like the plague or keep a weathered eye for something you just have to have.

I think I’ll keep an eye out (I need something for the RPG/BG-obsessed boyfriend for Christmas)... and maybe snag a little something for myself too. 😜

This is my latest addition.  Too cool to pass up.  It's probably time to gift one of my existing trays to someone else.

image.png.b9061667ff2d175186c6d5f17139d903.png