Sign in to follow this  
LaBelleFleur

Does anyone have this combo?

Come to think of it, this may be the wine colored lining you were asking about.  The redish wood is Padauk which is sort of orange.

Watching the stock page is very dangerous. But oh so much fun. Learning about the different colors wood comes in has been the best part.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WxCougar said:

Watching the stock page is very dangerous. But oh so much fun. Learning about the different colors wood comes in has been the best part.

For me the best part is trying to talk others into buying stuff, and pouncing on something that someone else really wanted too.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

This is my latest addition.  Too cool to pass up.  It's probably time to gift one of my existing trays to someone else.

image.png.b9061667ff2d175186c6d5f17139d903.png

6 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Come to think of it, this may be the wine colored lining you were asking about.  The redish wood is Padauk which is sort of orange.

It is! In certain pictures I’ve seen, it looks more red; in others, it looks like a deep burgundy. I feel like if it’s darker like in some of the pictures it would go with the Flame Birch Ruby well, but if it’s a true red I don’t know if it will.

1 minute ago, LaBelleFleur said:

It is! In certain pictures I’ve seen, it looks more red; in others, it looks like a deep burgundy. I feel like if it’s darker like in some of the pictures it would go with the Flame Birch Ruby well, but if it’s a true red I don’t know if it will.

If it were me, I'd play it safe and go with the black.  But if you don't have control issues, you could trust @Konas or @Zoe to hand pick the best color lining for you.

Well I'm off to make some dinner and get an hour or two of painting in before I hit the hay.  Good Luck!

3 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

If it were me, I'd play it safe and go with the black.  But if you don't have control issues, you could trust @Konas or @Zoe to hand pick the best color lining for you.

I definitely trust them to pick if they’re willing! I’d even go for the more textured ones if they think it’d go best.

• Like 1

Just now, LaBelleFleur said:

I definitely trust them to pick if they’re willing! I’d even go for the more textured ones if they think it’d go best.

I'm sure they would be willing.  @Zoe can get you fixed up!

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

Well I'm off to make some dinner and get an hour or two of painting in before I hit the hay.  Good Luck!

Thanks so much for all your help and all the gorgeous photos! ☺️ Have a good night!

12 hours ago, LaBelleFleur said:

Yeah!! Not to be creepy, but looks like you've got brown textured on there right now - annnnd your AC's initial build got error'd (I think we had a bad run this week), so it may also be a little delayed in the long run. In any case, I can easily change that for ya if you want, or tell Jeremiah to live his dream and pick a lining for you.

Black Dragonhide always looks stupendous with Imperial Ruby (as does the black felt), but if you're not into the texture, I totally get that. We may actually have some Black Demonhide lying around, which is basically smooth/fake leather texture. I'll check with Jeremiah.

BUT! Here are some example photos for you.

First, Red Wine on an Imperial Ruby AC - but please note... this is a damaged AC and was stained a little poorly (it should have been blended more): 1512495962_IMG_6545.JPG

The only other example I have of the Red Wine lining with something that isn't just a natural wood is it with our Demon's Blood finish:

1516301892_IMG_6974.JPG

I think it looks fantastic with Imperial Ruby, but it depends on the feel you're going for! If you want something more subdued, I'd go black. If you want something more magical and pronounced, then I'd go with the Red Wine. :)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, LaBelleFleur said:

Hah! I told myself I need to wait at least until my Adventure Case gets here before I buy anything else... but I don’t know if I’ll be able to resist.

I keep telling myself I'm done (given I have a big purchase on the way), but succumbed to a Sentinel yesterday because it was a lovely piece of Bocote and actually had one of the two configurations I was looking for.

So now I mean it.. I'm done for a while!!

<clicks over to the In Stock page>

Damn it @Konas!

:D

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, LaBelleFleur said:

I'll definitely say that @Konas and @Zoe have never steered me wrong when I've asked for advice/suggestions on stuff.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zoe said:

Yeah!! Not to be creepy, but looks like you've got brown textured on there right now - annnnd your AC's initial build got error'd (I think we had a bad run this week), so it may also be a little delayed in the long run. In any case, I can easily change that for ya if you want, or tell Jeremiah to live his dream and pick a lining for you.

Black Dragonhide always looks stupendous with Imperial Ruby (as does the black felt), but if you're not into the texture, I totally get that. We may actually have some Black Demonhide lying around, which is basically smooth/fake leather texture. I'll check with Jeremiah.

BUT! Here are some example photos for you.

First, Red Wine on an Imperial Ruby AC - but please note... this is a damaged AC and was stained a little poorly (it should have been blended more): 1512495962_IMG_6545.JPG

The only other example I have of the Red Wine lining with something that isn't just a natural wood is it with our Demon's Blood finish:

1516301892_IMG_6974.JPG

I think it looks fantastic with Imperial Ruby, but it depends on the feel you're going for! If you want something more subdued, I'd go black. If you want something more magical and pronounced, then I'd go with the Red Wine. :)

First of all, thank you so so much for the pictures and advice - I super appreciate it! :D

I am definitely feeling the magic with the Imperial Ruby / Red Wine combo!  Seeing it together in the same picture sealed the deal for me.  Can you please change my order? :)

No worries about the delay, I know it's in good hands!  And it gives me more time to stalk the stock page...

Thanks again!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LaBelleFleur said:

First of all, thank you so so much for the pictures and advice - I super appreciate it! :D

I am definitely feeling the magic with the Imperial Ruby / Red Wine combo!  Seeing it together in the same picture sealed the deal for me.  Can you please change my order? :)

No worries about the delay, I know it's in good hands!  And it gives me more time to stalk the stock page...

Thanks again!

Absolutely!! :D

4 minutes ago, Zoe said:

Absolutely!! :D

Speaking of orders, how's my skirmish box doing?  Update on the repair work?