Sign in to follow this  
Zenithsplendor

tgpumpkin not allowed in this topic

7 minutes ago, Zenithsplendor said:

How did I not know about this! I will have to celebrate by cooking another pumpkin pie.

I had a piece of pumpkin pie for lunch!  1/2 price pie at the rich people's grocery store, so I snagged a pumpkin pie on Wednesday after bowling.

38 minutes ago, Zenithsplendor said:

Having a cup of Pumpkin Spice Latte 

When I bought my pumpkin pie, I also bought some cinnamon ice cream.  Mostly for apples, but works good with pumpkin too.

I am already in a Holiday mood. Been watching Hallmark Channels with there 24/7 Christmas movies for Christmas in July. I have even already bought my first Christmas gift of the year. So I was very excited to go to the store and see pumpkin pie for sell, which I don't normally see until October. 

4 hours ago, Zenithsplendor said:

I am already in a Holiday mood. Been watching Hallmark Channels with there 24/7 Christmas movies for Christmas in July. I have even already bought my first Christmas gift of the year. So I was very excited to go to the store and see pumpkin pie for sell, which I don't normally see until October. 

I have no interest in Christmas in July.  But I did get sucked into a Dr. Pol marathon tonight.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

I have no interest in Christmas in July.  But I did get sucked into a Dr. Pol marathon tonight.

My mom spearheads a family gathering under the Christmas in July banner, which I outright refuse to participate in (much to her dismay).  But that's more about passive aggressive family dysfunction than any dislike of the holidays.  

On the other hand, in recent years we've taken some long road trips around the holidays (most notably to PAX Unplugged) and listened to Holiday Traditions on our satellite radio in the car all the way there and back.  A few weeks ago we went to my brother's house (5 hrs away, mostly the same route we'd take to PAX) and since we were on the same road I was itching to switch to the holiday channel and sing along for awhile.

I've also been known to toss in some of my favorite holiday movies out of season (White Christmas, A Christmas Carol). 

On the other hand, when Home Depot was advertising "Spring Black Friday" a month or two ago, I wanted to throw the remote at the screen.

Edited by Zoxe

We actually have a decent start on the kids Xmas presents. Pick up smaller items when on sale and wait till closer to get the big thing to make sure it's still relevant.

We watch dr. Pol alot.

19 hours ago, marsniper_27 said:

We actually have a decent start on the kids Xmas presents. Pick up smaller items when on sale and wait till closer to get the big thing to make sure it's still relevant.

We watch dr. Pol alot.

I've become addicted to it, and I have 13 seasons to catch up on.  Not sure what percentage of cow births are difficult, but makes you wonder why they haven't gone extinct.

5 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

I've become addicted to it, and I have 13 seasons to catch up on.  Not sure what percentage of cow births are difficult, but makes you wonder why they haven't gone extinct.

Because humans intervein I mean we breed them to the messed up creatures they are now so we owe it to them 

I think we are basically upto date on it now.  

I had some reflexology testing done and was told peanuts, dairy, and MSG are death to me!  Just shoot me in the head why don't you.  No cream in the coffee, or Lattes, or coffee fraps!  😭  I thought that was, for the most part, the worst of it.  If only.  On Sunday I went out to breakfast, and they had their seasonal stuff that I usually always love.  Pumpkin pancakes!  At first I was thinking no fantastic whip cream with cinnamon.  That sucks.  Then I saw that dreaded word: buttermilk!!!  😡  Thank God that at least they had pumpkin muffins.  I went to get a couple of them on the way out but then saw that they were slathered with sour cream frosting.  🤬🤬

On the plus side, I've felt SO MUCH BETTER since I stopped the dreaded triumvirate, but geez.

I did some grocery shopping over my lunch break.  Pumpkin Cherrios!  I can lower my cholesterol and enjoy pumpkin goodness!

I did buy 3 pumpkins over lunch.  One just to look at and two of them to murder and cook/bake into yummy things.

I play Animal Crossing, and it's Halloween season in the game. 

Naturally, I had to murder some pumpkins and get a fashionable outfit! 

image1 (2).png