Sign in to follow this  
marsniper_27

3d prints

34 minutes ago, marsniper_27 said:

BIG. the triangular holes in the middle are where you look out of.

Ok.  I'll say it.  "You'll poke your eye out."

1 hour ago, tgpumpkin said:

@marsniper_27 seeing a Majora's Mask and Mario cookie cutter as projects for a 3D printer is an exceptional use of resources.  Well done! :) 

The mask was for someone else. I have not made anything for my self yet. But i have made all my money back on the cost of the printer and material so now investing in some upgrades and then it will be just profit for future commission work.

26 minutes ago, marsniper_27 said:

The mask was for someone else. I have not made anything for my self yet. But i have made all my money back on the cost of the printer and material so now investing in some upgrades and then it will be just profit for future commission work.

You sound like a capitalist.  Not that that is a bad thing  Gobble gobble. 🦃

Edited by Barb Bliss

8 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

You sound like a capitalist.  Not that that is a bad thing  Gobble gobble. 🦃

I work in a place with over 100 nerds when i mentioned the 3d printer they started asking for things so I willing obliged. I am excited to get the stuff i have to do for people done so i can make some of the items i want. Or maybe i will just need to get a second printer....

45 minutes ago, marsniper_27 said:

I work in a place with over 100 nerds when i mentioned the 3d printer they started asking for things so I willing obliged. I am excited to get the stuff i have to do for people done so i can make some of the items i want. Or maybe i will just need to get a second printer....

Worst case, you tune your technique on their stuff so you're an ace when you get to doing things for yourself.

On 11/1/2018 at 11:22 AM, WxCougar said:

Add me to the group who wants a  3-d printer just for Cookie cutters!  Those are awesome!

Agreed.

I didn't do any masking on that on just free handed it all. I have a second one for my other nephew i will prob mask off see how much better that turns out.

54 minutes ago, marsniper_27 said:

Here is the finished statues I did for my nephews and a o rewatch character I printed ted for a guy at work

20181224_200139.jpg

20190110_082931.jpg

20190110_082935.jpg

D.Va!!! One of my fav Overwatch characters.

On 12/17/2018 at 7:37 AM, marsniper_27 said:

Did a little airbrushing still need to do some painting ting on the mask and the base

20181215_222350.jpg

Love his pose. I'm reminded of a few teenagers I teach. I could not help but notice your reflection in the background. 

13 hours ago, RomyCat said:

Love his pose. I'm reminded of a few teenagers I teach. I could not help but notice your reflection in the background. 

Busted!

5 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Busted!

Dang I try to be so careful.

Here are just some other recent prints

Designed and printed bases for 20mm modern soldiers.

Designed and printed simple buildings for the 20mm soldiers (detailed ones to come later these were to check scaling).

Found an awesome minotaur so had to print him.

Printed a drop ship from battletech for a guy at work.

Made more progress on the nearing year long project for someone.

Printed some vase mode terrain for 40k (completely hollow so barely any material). I really like this idea and will try to design some of my own.

Printed a merkava tank. This is just after getting the printer back together so a little rough.

20190530_090152.jpg

20190529_220441.jpg

20190507_231414.jpg

20190521_153600.jpg

20190605_140132.jpg

20190509_201315.jpg

20190506_122633.jpg

Nice.  What do you use to clean off the fuzzies and smooth out surfaces?

p.s.  Your avatar name makes more sense now that I see what you are printing/painting.

3 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Nice.  What do you use to clean off the fuzzies and smooth out surfaces?

p.s.  Your avatar name makes more sense now that I see what you are printing/painting.

Some heat will get rid of the fine strings I just steal the wife's hairdryer. And then some sandpaper and small files to help with anything else. When I have the printer dialed in better there is little that needs cleaning. 

Ya I have been a wargamer since I was like 12 also I have always been a good shot. 

1 hour ago, marsniper_27 said:

Some heat will get rid of the fine strings I just steal the wife's hairdryer. And then some sandpaper and small files to help with anything else. When I have the printer dialed in better there is little that needs cleaning. 

Ya I have been a wargamer since I was like 12 also I have always been a good shot. 

I've only gone shooting once.  I had a ball, but didn't dare keep a gun in the house.  Too much temptation to shoot the ex.

19 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

I've only gone shooting once.  I had a ball, but didn't dare keep a gun in the house.  Too much temptation to shoot the ex.

Don't have any actual firearms myself but do have paintball and airsoft and pellet guns.

12 hours ago, marsniper_27 said:

Don't have any actual firearms myself but do have paintball and airsoft and pellet guns.

I've always wanted to shoot my sisters with a paintball gun.  Multiple times.

5 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

I've always wanted to shoot my sisters with a paintball gun.  Multiple times.

It is quite fun. My wife use to play paintball with us. But we haven't played since we moved (10 years ago). We had a group of friends and played on a private field so it's hard to get the same kind of atmosphere at a commercial place. That's when I switched to airsoft cause there was a better community around it but that got a bit ruined by a few members and I haven't played that in a couple years either. Some day I will get back into it it's good exercise running through the woods for 8 hours.

As for 3d printing I ran out of PLA (the standard filament I use) so I haven't been printing anything for gaming but I have some petg so I have been printing parts to make a CNC machine and a t placement butting for an arcade game (stop the clock) and a mount for the kill switch on the dirtbike.

As much as I like doing gaming prints it's satisfying to do some practical stuff as well

20190607_120755.jpg

20190609_175953.jpg

20190609_201938.jpg

20190609_201341.jpg

20190609_201731.jpg

Wish I had a 3D printer. The prices have dropped over the years. Maybe in a few more years it will affordable for me. I have brought a few 3D printed miniatures. I have noticed none of them are completely smooth on the sides, but have faint streaks. I was warned about this on the product pages before I brought them. With a good paint job, my 30 tombstones I brought cheap look good.  It would be nice if the streaks could be removed from 3D printing...or perhaps it depends on the printer and material used. I don't know enough about 3D printers yet.