Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
marsniper_27

3d prints

Recommended Posts

I got my 3d printer last night and got it all put together and running. This is the first test print (which was instantly claimed by my 3 year old when he got up this morning)

20181010_081311.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am very jealous. I have been wanting a 3D printer for a very long time. Your first creation is so very cute. Can't blame your three year old from claiming it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Zenithsplendor said:

I am very jealous. I have been wanting a 3D printer for a very long time. Your first creation is so very cute. Can't blame your three year old from claiming it. 

Me and my father went half on it as a b-day present to each other. It was on sale on gearbest (https://www.gearbest.com/3d-printers-3d-printer-kits/pp_1845899.html?wid=1433363) so we just bit the bullet and ordered one. We are going to use it to help build a CNC as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm jealous too. Been wanting a 3D printer for a long time. I would soooo be printing tons of stuff on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Attempted to print a zealot from StarCraft ii for a friend at work last night. The model wasn't well designed for 3d printing unfortunately.

20181011_091344.jpg

20181011_091348.jpg

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, marsniper_27 said:

Attempted to print a zealot from StarCraft ii for a friend at work last night. The model wasn't well designed for 3d printing unfortunately.

20181011_091344.jpg

20181011_091348.jpg

Not gonna lie, my response to this went like this:

First photo - "Oh, yeah, I can see what he means about the model."

Second photo - "Oh-- HAHAHA... Oh dear."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zoe said:

Not gonna lie, my response to this went like this:

First photo - "Oh, yeah, I can see what he means about the model."

Second photo - "Oh-- HAHAHA... Oh dear."

There was either no connection for the lower half of the leg or it is a fraction of a millimeter connection. It's hard to tell as the leg fell right off.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2018 at 7:15 AM, marsniper_27 said:

Attempted to print a zealot from StarCraft ii for a friend at work last night. The model wasn't well designed for 3d printing unfortunately.

20181011_091344.jpg

20181011_091348.jpg

Super glue will fix that....or duct tape. Just paint the tape and say he has a cast on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

Super glue will fix that....or duct tape. Just paint the tape and say he has a cast on.

He is sitting on my desk at work I will glue gun and keep him. Didn't meet my requirements to give away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did a few more mecha for the guy at work. I am having alot of fun with the printer but I still haven't printed anything for myself. That said by wednesday I should of made back at least a quarter of the machines cost.

20181013_175823.jpg

20181015_093744.jpg

20181014_112452.jpg

20181013_132229.jpg

Edited by marsniper_27
For got the pictures
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't posted the last few items i printed but will do that later. 

I am working on a commission project for someone. I am trying to create Lance's new sniper rifle form the new voltron series. This link updates when ever i save changes: https://a360.co/2Oqqn4e

These are the three screen caps i have to go off of.

7fa90f48ad9586b19a4d997d59efb769aa5236a4tumblr_inline_ou5wdlTmMc1ssub3p_540.png5bbf350a31572b23a1ae2d535ca5ac65.jpg 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2018 at 5:41 PM, marsniper_27 said:

This one's not minis related but I printed my wife a cookie cutter.

20181027_191800.jpg

Does Luigi get a cookie cutter too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marsniper_27 said:

He sure did 

20181028_190031.jpg

Hahaha, omg, this is awesome!!! Now I want a 3D printer just to make cookie cutters! You'll have to show us some finished cookies now, you know..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well I made them for the wife now she has to make me the cookies :P so once she does i will post pics. I did notice a few flaws in the design so i might have to go in and modify it if these ones don't hold up.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 7:15 AM, marsniper_27 said:

He sure did 

20181028_190031.jpg

 

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:50 AM, Zoe said:

Hahaha, omg, this is awesome!!! Now I want a 3D printer just to make cookie cutters! You'll have to show us some finished cookies now, you know..

Me too! I didn't really sit up and pay attention until I realized I could have an endless cookie cutter collection!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lindsey said:

 

Me too! I didn't really sit up and pay attention until I realized I could have an endless cookie cutter collection!

 

On 10/29/2018 at 9:50 AM, Zoe said:

Hahaha, omg, this is awesome!!! Now I want a 3D printer just to make cookie cutters! You'll have to show us some finished cookies now, you know..

I'm working on designing a cookie cutter currently. current version has some details to small but this is what i got so far:

Totoro v5.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, marsniper_27 said:

 

I'm working on designing a cookie cutter currently. current version has some details to small but this is what i got so far:

Totoro v5.png

YESSSS this is awesome!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Add me to the group who wants a  3-d printer just for Cookie cutters!  Those are awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×