Sign in to follow this  
marsniper_27

3d prints

I got my 3d printer last night and got it all put together and running. This is the first test print (which was instantly claimed by my 3 year old when he got up this morning)

20181010_081311.jpg

• Like 5

I am very jealous. I have been wanting a 3D printer for a very long time. Your first creation is so very cute. Can't blame your three year old from claiming it. 

23 minutes ago, Zenithsplendor said:

I am very jealous. I have been wanting a 3D printer for a very long time. Your first creation is so very cute. Can't blame your three year old from claiming it. 

Me and my father went half on it as a b-day present to each other. It was on sale on gearbest (https://www.gearbest.com/3d-printers-3d-printer-kits/pp_1845899.html?wid=1433363) so we just bit the bullet and ordered one. We are going to use it to help build a CNC as well.

• Like 1

I'm jealous too. Been wanting a 3D printer for a long time. I would soooo be printing tons of stuff on it.

Attempted to print a zealot from StarCraft ii for a friend at work last night. The model wasn't well designed for 3d printing unfortunately.

20181011_091344.jpg

20181011_091348.jpg

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, marsniper_27 said:

Attempted to print a zealot from StarCraft ii for a friend at work last night. The model wasn't well designed for 3d printing unfortunately.

20181011_091344.jpg

20181011_091348.jpg

Not gonna lie, my response to this went like this:

First photo - "Oh, yeah, I can see what he means about the model."

Second photo - "Oh-- HAHAHA... Oh dear."

Just now, Zoe said:

Not gonna lie, my response to this went like this:

First photo - "Oh, yeah, I can see what he means about the model."

Second photo - "Oh-- HAHAHA... Oh dear."

There was either no connection for the lower half of the leg or it is a fraction of a millimeter connection. It's hard to tell as the leg fell right off.

• Sad 1

On 10/11/2018 at 7:15 AM, marsniper_27 said:

20181011_091344.jpg

20181011_091348.jpg

Super glue will fix that....or duct tape. Just paint the tape and say he has a cast on.

15 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

Super glue will fix that....or duct tape. Just paint the tape and say he has a cast on.

He is sitting on my desk at work I will glue gun and keep him. Didn't meet my requirements to give away.

I did a few more mecha for the guy at work. I am having alot of fun with the printer but I still haven't printed anything for myself. That said by wednesday I should of made back at least a quarter of the machines cost.

20181013_175823.jpg

20181015_093744.jpg

20181014_112452.jpg

20181013_132229.jpg

Edited by marsniper_27
For got the pictures
  • Like 1

I haven't posted the last few items i printed but will do that later. 

I am working on a commission project for someone. I am trying to create Lance's new sniper rifle form the new voltron series. This link updates when ever i save changes: https://a360.co/2Oqqn4e

These are the three screen caps i have to go off of.

7fa90f48ad9586b19a4d997d59efb769aa5236a4tumblr_inline_ou5wdlTmMc1ssub3p_540.png5bbf350a31572b23a1ae2d535ca5ac65.jpg 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2018 at 5:41 PM, marsniper_27 said:

This one's not minis related but I printed my wife a cookie cutter.

20181027_191800.jpg

Does Luigi get a cookie cutter too?

1 hour ago, marsniper_27 said:

He sure did 

20181028_190031.jpg

Hahaha, omg, this is awesome!!! Now I want a 3D printer just to make cookie cutters! You'll have to show us some finished cookies now, you know..

well I made them for the wife now she has to make me the cookies :P so once she does i will post pics. I did notice a few flaws in the design so i might have to go in and modify it if these ones don't hold up.

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 7:15 AM, marsniper_27 said:

He sure did 

20181028_190031.jpg

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:50 AM, Zoe said:

Hahaha, omg, this is awesome!!! Now I want a 3D printer just to make cookie cutters! You'll have to show us some finished cookies now, you know..

Me too! I didn't really sit up and pay attention until I realized I could have an endless cookie cutter collection!

1 hour ago, Lindsey said:

Me too! I didn't really sit up and pay attention until I realized I could have an endless cookie cutter collection!

On 10/29/2018 at 9:50 AM, Zoe said:

I'm working on designing a cookie cutter currently. current version has some details to small but this is what i got so far:

Totoro v5.png

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, marsniper_27 said:

I'm working on designing a cookie cutter currently. current version has some details to small but this is what i got so far:

Totoro v5.png

YESSSS this is awesome!!

Add me to the group who wants a  3-d printer just for Cookie cutters!  Those are awesome!