Sign in to follow this  
RomyCat

The Great Pumpkin Strikes Again

@tgpumpkin is a great gourd to have around, especially during  Halloween season. This thread is a shout-out to him. May he continue to visit pumpkin patches every year. 

pumkin warrior.jpg

14 hours ago, RomyCat said:

@tgpumpkin is a great gourd to have around, especially during  Halloween season. This thread is a shout-out to him. May he continue to visit pumpkin patches every year. 

pumkin warrior.jpg

@RomyCat this is very sweet and gourd of you to say.  Thank you for such a kind gesture.  In the end though all of the wonderful people in this forum bring the real magic in here.  I’m just a silly gourd who is honored to be a part of such an amazing group with kindhearted people such as yourself. :) 

The busy season is upon me though and now that August is a few days away I have to begin to embolden my efforts to bring pumpkin awareness to all.  Even if I can save one pumpkin from being savagely mutilated into an illuminated yard decoration....I’ve made a difference ....

• Like 1

We have a volunteer pumpkin plant growing in our pasture. We will seek to see that any pumpkins grow to maturity and live long fulfilling lives unscathed :).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WxCougar said:

We have a volunteer pumpkin plant growing in our pasture. We will seek to see that any pumpkins grow to maturity and live long fulfilling lives unscathed :).

Good luck with that.  Squirrels will most likely take a taste out of most of them.

Just now, Barb Bliss said:

Good luck with that.  Squirrels will most likely take a taste out of most of them.

I've never had a squirrel problem. Probably due to the hawks or golden eagle that hangs around : ).

1 minute ago, WxCougar said:

I've never had a squirrel problem. Probably due to the hawks or golden eagle that hangs around : ).

Minnesota needs more eagles and hawks.  Rodents everywhere!

15 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Squirrels are vile vile creatures that are a menace to my gourd denizens and need to be kept in check.  

1 minute ago, tgpumpkin said:

Squirrels are vile vile creatures that are a menace to my gourd denizens and need to be kept in check.  

I had a chicken wire fence around my veggie garden 2 years ago (to keep thumper and his pals out of there).  Frickin squirrel perched on top of the fence and took a 1 inch by 7 inch swath out of EVERY EAR OF CORN on the outside row.  That was when I decided to take the chicken wire down (the tripping hazzard that lead to a broken elbow) and plant a bunch of canna and elephant ears instead.

I tried to grow pumpkins in the garden but they didn't do very well. I only had a few plants come up and only a few pumpkins. I think my pollinators were too busy hanging around the mint to come the few feet over to get the pumpkins. The plant in the pasture looks a lot better than the ones I grew on purpose - but I haven't checked to see if it has any actual pumpkins on it yet.

Seems you don't want to go to Seattle the first weekend of October @tgpumpkin. Elysian Brewing is holding a Great Pumpkin Beer Festival. (With the weekend before holding a pumpkin weigh in contest).

7 hours ago, WxCougar said:

Seems you don't want to go to Seattle the first weekend of October @tgpumpkin. Elysian Brewing is holding a Great Pumpkin Beer Festival. (With the weekend before holding a pumpkin weigh in contest).

Now I know how Arianna came up with her DMG Forums name!  ?

Wow,  TGPumpkin can rest assured that DMG is looking out for his fellow gourds.

The great pumkin .jpg

• Haha 2