Posted (edited)

My Dice Tower from Kickstarter came in today and I have attached pictures and a video. I have to say, it would be nice if it was just a bit bigger as some die get stuck at the top or inside and need a little nudge. We tested it using the dice it came with (the set was missing a D20, but came with 2 D12), metal dice that a got with out here sleeve, a set of 2 D6 balanced dice, and a plastic set of polys my husband had on hand.

The tower is Bubinga and beautiful. I love the color and lines. One of my top favorite woods I have so far. 

20180705_205257.jpg

20180705_205311.jpg

20180705_205317.jpg

20180705_205342.jpg

Edited by Miyu83
Spelling
  • Like 4

Oh dear! Hm. They shouldn't be getting stuck. Let me look into that for you.

And I can send you a replacement set of dice if you like - definitely shouldn't have gotten two D12s and no D20!

17 hours ago, Miyu83 said:

My Dice Tower from Kickstarter came in today and I have attached pictures and a video. I have to say, it would be nice if it was just a bit bigger as some die get stuck at the top or inside and need a little nudge. We tested it using the dice it came with (the set was missing a D20, but came with 2 D12), metal dice that a got with out here sleeve, a set of 2 D6 balanced dice, and a plastic set of polys my husband had on hand.

The tower is Bubinga and beautiful. I love the color and lines. One of my top favorite woods I have so far. 

20180705_205257.jpg

I suggested to @Konas they should look into creating an additional piece to the dice tower assembly that would go between the top piece and the back piece to expand the dropping area a little bit to make a little more room for the dice.  Especially for wooden dice that are a little bigger.  Then sell them as an accessory.  He liked the idea and said he would look into it when they have a little more R & D time available.

I have one of the prototype towers and have not experienced the problems shown in your video.  Maybe my green felt is a little thinner than your blue???

17 hours ago, Miyu83 said:

I have a prototype dice tower and I remember some dice briefly getting stuck here and there. No big deal. A little push or shake and it works fine. Doesn't happen often. So far, all the dice I own but Polyhero can fit just fine in my dice tower. I use it for every Pathfinder meet-up I go to. 

@Miyu83 I love your Tardis design. Very cool. 

It’s here!  My Benge Dragon dice tower has arrived to complete my Benge wood CoCo + Tower combo.  So worth it.  In any of you wondered, yes I went heavy on theme :)

8A10C3B0-BA24-4C0F-93BD-EFCA8F401F7A.thumb.jpeg.518481b427f3d77a1a0d2bec009f7446.jpeg

Here’s the front, and only when I looked closely did I realize that mine was the one pictured on Update 15 for the project!

8A198D40-5CF4-464C-BB43-6742C3E78DA8.thumb.jpeg.b857e9660c03460206ec5d1bea4a34d5.jpeg

As you can see, it can hold my entire set of (what I call) my Olympic Poly set of bronze, silver, and gold dice. Not metal, and thats 21 dice!

5CB14048-6B2C-4CD1-8332-77FE88786A09.thumb.jpeg.3be23617e7488e5540c7e9034d90bc67.jpegReady to go, along with its companion CoCo tray that is the only sculpted tray I got.

B520967E-B6F5-4867-92C3-2BD901C5744A.thumb.jpeg.4249d1a883f434fc54ea8b8ac9152660.jpegNaturally, a Dragon tower and tray must ne used with dice of fire! Thisbset of dice I keep in one of DMG’s Dragon Sheaths, and it features dragon themes as well (see other photos on the forums

FF8D2401-9C9B-4808-A670-C5ABE55602E4.thumb.jpeg.d68734b680243275ca0393d1a8b0be09.jpegAnd finally, the (almost) complete Benge collection, along with a substantial amount of my die collection.

- In the Benge Hero Sleeve (in front) are custom D6s my friends Kate and Steve had made foe their wedding as party favors.

- Flashing D20 in the Dragon tray, and Dragon themes coins up in the coin tray at the top.

- Other Olympic dice on the left, for Fate as well as just plain D6s in the Square and Card trays

- My blue Crystaline Dice (missing the D20 though) and my 10d10s for White Wolf in the two Bowls

- And finally in the tower itself are the free dice for being a day one backer of the project (which i had completely forgotten I was getting!) and directly below that are the Galaxy dice that originally came with my Hero Sleeve.

Thank yoy DMG for a fantastic year of collecting wooden gaming accessories. I need to stop for a while for the sake of my finances, but I’ll be back!

- Brian

• Like 6

You choose the same dragon design like me on my rainbow tower (to match with my fiery 4 XL that will come before snow... lol I'm living at the wrong place, it could happen early). 

@TheAuthorOfOZ I am also out of reactions, but damn is that a gorgeous set up! One of the first woods I got was benge and you are convincing me it needs to remain a dear favorite. 

For some reason I'm not allowed to edit the post anymore for cleanness and fixing of spelling errors...I did it on my phone and I'm regretting doing it that way.  Also, I forgot to mention that in the Quad is my Compass die for direction, my custom D10 from the 10th Anniversary of my college's gaming convention, and my hand painted 2d6 that I got in Spain (either glass or stone, can't tell)

Ahhh, this is so awesome to see, @TheAuthorOfOZ!! I love seeing it with your CoCo!!!!

You guys gotta stop showing off your dice... it's distracting for me at work...

• Thanks 1

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:08 PM, Miyu83 said:

20180705_205257.jpg

20180705_205311.jpg

20180705_205317.jpg

20180705_205342.jpg

That's such a great combo of sculpt and engraving!

1 hour ago, Zoe said:

Ahhh, this is so awesome to see, @TheAuthorOfOZ!! I love seeing it with your CoCo!!!!

You guys gotta stop showing off your dice... it's distracting for me at work...

You stop showing off such beautiful wood to distract us - we'll stop showing off dice.

#SorryNotSorry @Zoe :P

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

You stop showing off such beautiful wood to distract us - we'll stop showing off dice.

#SorryNotSorry @Zoe :P

Ahhhh, you got me there!! 😭

The beautiful dice tower arrived today, and I couldn't be more pleased.

I love the extra little cosmetic details y'all touched on between the prototype and this. Having the felt nicely lay in so that it's completely surrounded by a frame of wood all around makes it feel just that extra bit more premium. The carving and engraving are beautiful and defined perfectly, and I can definitely tell the entire piece is carved from one block of wood (either that or someone spent a good deal of time finding pieces with grain that matches perfectly.

Also, it makes a wonderful backdrop for model pictures.

Keep up the outstanding work Dog Might!

20180710_175312.jpg

20180710_175502.jpg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Blinkus Maximus said:

I love the extra little cosmetic details y'all touched on between the prototype and this. Having the felt nicely lay in so that it's completely surrounded by a frame of wood all around makes it feel just that extra bit more premium. The carving and engraving are beautiful and defined perfectly, and I can definitely tell the entire piece is carved from one block of wood (either that or someone spent a good deal of time finding pieces with grain that matches perfectly.

20180710_175312.jpg

20180710_175502.jpg

Gorgeous tower and awesome mini!

12 hours ago, Blinkus Maximus said:

20180710_175312.jpg

20180710_175502.jpg

Oh man, that IS an awesome backdrop + stand!!!

I remember wrapping yours up. There's some nice chatoyancy/holographic-ness to that Bubinga, particularly on the sculpt. Depending on the light, it may be hard to see it with the sheen of the finish. That tower is just gorgeous, though. Our team is doing amazing work. :)

6 hours ago, Zoe said:

Oh man, that IS an awesome backdrop + stand!!!

I remember wrapping yours up. There's some nice chatoyancy/holographic-ness to that Bubinga, particularly on the sculpt. Depending on the light, it may be hard to see it with the sheen of the finish. That tower is just gorgeous, though. Our team is doing amazing work. :)

The sheen from the finish makes it hard to see in direct light, but there is definitely a slight holographic effect on it in dimmer, indirect light and it's gorgeous! I especially love the effect right around the engraved runes on the face giving it a slight "magical" look from certain angles.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:21 PM, Blinkus Maximus said:

20180710_175312.jpg

20180710_175502.jpg

That looks amazing. Nice paint job, too. Thanks so much for posting it here.

On 7/10/2018 at 5:21 PM, Blinkus Maximus said:

20180710_175312.jpg

20180710_175502.jpg

Chaos star pairs so well with tzeentch! Double wow on this one. 

On 7/13/2018 at 1:59 AM, Serge Darveau said:

Got shipping notice for mine, pictures soon lol  :) 

My precious GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

Arrived with duck fart dices :) 

rdt1.jpg.e9ad6f15aaeee6290598e23c8b175281.jpgrdt2.jpg.6e7ea0b7e041d1a2f5adffe562ddb177.jpgrdt3.jpg.fa623b4547793c2c2ad4dea8b05a56af.jpgrdt4.thumb.jpg.0cdcf0e163999ad51ff644540d80ce05.jpgrdt5.thumb.jpg.db3a20589630ef255ef0a2f739795f9e.jpg

• Like 3

Love the bright colors. I almost went rainbow, but it would look sooo different than everything else I have, I decided to go with demon's blood.