Sign in to follow this  
LuckyIke

The Sapphire Stag

12 hours ago, RomyCat said:

Mossbloom nodded. "Your direction is sound to me. I've leaped into adventures with far less knowledge. This one sounds too exciting to pass up." She glances across the room, catching the tiefing's eye. Hopefully the other would not mind this side trip. Then she looks slowly around the room at the various guests staying at the inn and the locals who had dropped by for a meal.

In a voice loud enough to be heard several tables away, she said, "I'm going to find that barrow. I'm looking for brave adventurers who would like to join me. Any loot we find, we split equally, except the rings. I claim one for myself. Don't worry, I won't be using it for evil. I know better than putting one of those on. Don't want my soul corrupted--well not more than it already is. But still, I have a proper use for the ring. Anyone interested in coming?"

You can count me in Missy.  What was your name again?  I'm Gnarly.

"Good to meet ya, Gnarly. Got some fine muscles on you. Farming will do that. I go by Mossbloom. I'm a highly trained rogue. Good at sneaking into places and back out again. Have a few tricks up my sleeves when in combat." Well, at least she felt she was talented. Nisha might disagree with her on that. "Helps to know each person's skill set whose coming. I've got at least one fighter lined up who can take some punishment and deliver some of her own. What are your skills? Every hunted? Can you use a bow or sword?"

(OOC: just wondering, @LuckyIke, if we head out on adventure and exploring, are you taking the role of DM, laying out a scenario like forest scene or dungeon room and we react to it? Example: forest scene, camping, attack by goblins. Players react.  

Or do we all flow alone and make up the story completely. Or is there some other method?

Edited by RomyCat

20 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

(OOC: just wondering, @LuckyIke, if we head out on adventure and exploring, are you taking the role of DM, laying out a scenario like forest scene or dungeon room and we react to it? Example: forest scene, camping, attack by goblins. Players react.  

Or do we all flow alone and make up the story completely. Or is there some other method?

(OOC: Good question, @RomyCat. Yes I will take the role of the DM, and will set the scenes up for you guys - I have some NPCs that you may run into as you go along your way ;).  I do have a story arc and a few set pieces I’ve built out, and have some rough ideas for some additional encounters depending on where you guys decide to take things.  That said, I’m undecided if the format better supports pure narrative or if we will incorporate some dice rolling, as DMG did during their Puzz campaign.  What are your preferences as far as format as you all depart the tavern and head off into the unknown? I welcome feedback on that and on any other aspects of things thus far.)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LuckyIke said:

(OOC: Good question, @RomyCat. Yes I will take the role of the DM, and will set the scenes up for you guys - I have some NPCs that you may run into as you go along your way ;).  I do have a story arc and a few set pieces I’ve built out, and have some rough ideas for some additional encounters depending on where you guys decide to take things.  That said, I’m undecided if the format better supports pure narrative or if we will incorporate some dice rolling, as DMG did during their Puzz campaign.  What are your preferences as far as format as you all depart the tavern and head off into the unknown? I welcome feedback on that and on any other aspects of things thus far.)

(OOC:  I'm perfectly find with dice rolling. I'm involved with two Pathfinder adventures right now. Sometimes the dice love me....sometimes not.)

Edited by RomyCat

2 hours ago, LuckyIke said:

OOC: Funny how good people roll when there is no one to see the rolls. 😜

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RomyCat said:

"Good to meet ya, Gnarly. Got some fine muscles on you. Farming will do that. I go by Mossbloom. I'm a highly trained rogue. Good at sneaking into places and back out again. Have a few tricks up my sleeves when in combat." Well, at least she felt she was talented. Nisha might disagree with her on that. "Helps to know each person's skill set whose coming. I've got at least one fighter lined up who can take some punishment and deliver some of her own. What are your skills? Every hunted? Can you use a bow or sword?"

I'm a good hunter/tracker, and handy with a bow.  I haven't used a blade on anything other than game.  I'm not trained in fighting, but I will tell you that if I connect with a punch, the other person is going to go down in a heap.

6 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

OOC: Funny how good people roll when there is no one to see the rolls. 😜

I was admistrator of my game forum and it was an option for dice rolling in the comments, don't know if there is available here. :) 

"Aye, you will be a good addiction. I wonder if any others wish to join? Got a few spots open in our party. I'll buy some food and supplies to get us ready. " Mossbloom glanced at others sitting around the tables, wondering who else was coming.

Eyla glanced to Padauk when the announcement of a party was made. "Seems staying away is not what folks had in mind. Perhaps it is worth joining to make sure nothing untoward happens."

4 hours ago, WxCougar said:

Eyla glanced to Padauk when the announcement of a party was made. "Seems staying away is not what folks had in mind. Perhaps it is worth joining to make sure nothing untoward happens."

Padauk gives a bit of a chuckle though it doesn’t seem particularly full of mirth. “Well I suppose so.” He mutters under his breath. In a louder tone he calls “ Suppose I could do with a bit of a jaunt.”