Konas

New Stuff Coming Out of the Wood Shop

12 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

That's fantastic work.  I can't believe I missed this.  If I get gud at mini painting this is the first board game I'm going to get done.

From past experience, you might want to start with a game you don't like/play as much.  That way the first couple of pieces that you don't like how they turn out, don't bother you every time you play the game

4 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

From past experience, you might want to start with a game you don't like/play as much.  That way the first couple of pieces that you don't like how they turn out, don't bother you every time you play the game

Which is why the first figures I've been painting have been from Myth rather than my KD:M minis.

18 hours ago, Peter Pickle said:

Dang, I totally want to paint my Zombicide minis, but my wife already thinks I'm a nerd, she might totally disown me if I start painting minis.

Though maybe I can trick her into doing a couple of them and get her hooked first..... Hmm... She loves dragons and we got the Zombie Dragons with Green Horde... could make a good entry into the dark side for her...

Hah, yes that sounds like a good plan. Get her hooked and the mini hobby will open up to you.

18 hours ago, Peter Pickle said:

Dang, I totally want to paint my Zombicide minis, but my wife already thinks I'm a nerd, she might totally disown me if I start painting minis.

Though maybe I can trick her into doing a couple of them and get her hooked first..... Hmm... She loves dragons and we got the Zombie Dragons with Green Horde... could make a good entry into the dark side for her...

This is what happened to me. My husband got me addicted to minis (and dice). I hope to do more painting this year. I did none last year.

On 2/10/2020 at 9:58 AM, Konas said:

I don't know about cherry but I do have an amazing waterfall Bubinga and a live edge walnut coming. And a tamarind double. I'll see if I can find a sweet piece of cherry but it probably wont be done until Friday. I am really enjoying making these. I think it is a very cool way to have some killer wood get used. I used mine all weekend, a live edge Kingwood Double, and it was wonderful. 

I got in late Friday for the drop, but I did grab the Cherry one that you put up.  :)

3 hours ago, Zoxe said:

I got in late Friday for the drop, but I did grab the Cherry one that you put up.  :)

I grabbed a mora one.  I really like the look of the mora D20 I got back in the pre-KS days, and have always liked it.

Hey @Konas, I didn't notice until I saw an ad calling it a "mashup" but that awesome "Hit or Miss" VS on the in stock page isn't the usual Hit or Miss design!  I'm trying to identify how many other screens you took elements from to make this--I want to say 4 (counting Hit or Miss itself)?  It's amazing!  

1583349913_1583346910_IMG_5765.JPG

5 minutes ago, EdInSeattle said:

Hey @Konas, I didn't notice until I saw an ad calling it a "mashup" but that awesome "Hit or Miss" VS on the in stock page isn't the usual Hit or Miss design!  I'm trying to identify how many other screens you took elements from to make this--I want to say 4 (counting Hit or Miss itself)?  It's amazing!  

All I know is if there is another KS with a 4 panel: the dragon (dark rainbow) on the left, flames going across the bottom, treasure, and stuff and I'm going to be in trouble.

18 minutes ago, EdInSeattle said:

It was actually a custom order. This was the first run of it. Our client wanted a couple things changed and okay'd the sale of the first one. Turned out quite well, methinks.

12 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

All I know is if there is another KS with a 4 panel: the dragon (dark rainbow) on the left, flames going across the bottom, treasure, and stuff and I'm going to be in trouble.

Oh, just wait til you see the next one....

1 minute ago, Konas said:

It was actually a custom order. This was the first run of it. Our client wanted a couple things changed and okay'd the sale of the first one. Turned out quite well, methinks.

Agreed! It was very fun to work on. 

41 minutes ago, Konas said:

Oh, just wait til you see the next one....

Looking forward to seeing that!