Konas

New Stuff Coming Out of the Wood Shop

3 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

Is the one coming out later the one you were thinking of keeping?

Nope. Just found it yesterday. Nice burl. Not as stunning as what you are looking for but very nice.

3 minutes ago, Konas said:

Nope. Just found it yesterday. Nice burl. Not as stunning as what you are looking for but very nice.

I wasn't referring to that - but I know you posted about getting some live edge walnut you were eying.. so wasn't sure if this was that or not.

And as I've said - no hurry on that.. I still don't know what I'll have you make when you find it now - with the wolf box, I don't know if I need another deck jacket now.

So maybe a player pad, maybe a sentinel still.. or depending on what my money looks like at the time, maybe I'll succumb to an AC.

1 hour ago, Thomas Browne said:

I wasn't referring to that - but I know you posted about getting some live edge walnut you were eying.. so wasn't sure if this was that or not.

And as I've said - no hurry on that.. I still don't know what I'll have you make when you find it now - with the wolf box, I don't know if I need another deck jacket now.

So maybe a player pad, maybe a sentinel still.. or depending on what my money looks like at the time, maybe I'll succumb to an AC.

I thought that was that double kingswood painter base.

2 hours ago, Konas said:

The one coming out later is nicer.

I would.

If you mean this one @Konas

1581444234_IMG_5207.JPG

then I think I actually like the other one more.  Although I probably like these holders better.

Either way though - not going to pull the trigger today on any of these.

3 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

If you mean this one @Konas

1581444234_IMG_5207.JPG

then I think I actually like the other one more.  Although I probably like these holders better.

Either way though - not going to pull the trigger today on any of these.

I am surprised. The figure is much more bold on this one. Usually our tastes align. Oh well. Let me just finish by saying....you are totally wrong.😃

Just now, Konas said:

I am surprised. The figure is much more bold on this one. Usually our tastes align. Oh well. Let me just finish by saying....you are totally wrong.😃

Maybe it's just the photos then - because I thought the figuring was bolder in the other one.

You get to see them in person, so I'll trust your judgement on that over the photos.

Just now, Thomas Browne said:

Maybe it's just the photos then - because I thought the figuring was bolder in the other one.

You get to see them in person, so I'll trust your judgement on that over the photos.

No worries. Just giving you crap, really. 😋

32 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

This is cool.  Maybe @tgpumpkin would RPG if he got this???

image.png.2083190c7764e7baafca1a7b5eaea815.png

With all the moving expenses I'm incurring I will need a truly magical once in a lifetime piece to hit the drop for me to attempt to spend my money only to find you already beat me to it :P 

Just now, Konas said:

No worries. Just giving you crap, really. 😋

Oh I get that - no problem.

But as I said, I'm well aware that sometimes the photos/lighting don't show off the wood in the best light/same light.

Looking at two photos is NOT the same as looking at the pieces side by side.  So while to me, the first one seems more prominent in the photo, I certainly can believe that if I saw them side by side that might not be the case.

1 minute ago, tgpumpkin said:

With all the moving expenses I'm incurring I will need a truly magical once in a lifetime piece to hit the drop for me to attempt to spend my money only to find you already beat me to it :P 

So we need the Padauk/Wenge combo, is that what you're saying?

1 minute ago, tgpumpkin said:

I have one already and pledged the KS pp too.  You'll get no competition from me.

Just now, Barb Bliss said:

I have one already and pledged the KS pp too.  You'll get no competition from me.

That's only two though.

You own how many screens and how many sentinels? :D

There's always room for one more!

3 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I support this.

What did I ever do to you?

That's only two though.

Umm.. never mind my last objection. :D

That's only two though.

2 screens, but one is earmarked for a gift to the nephew.  I want to say 8 sentinels, though one was a gift.

8 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

2 screens, but one is earmarked for a gift to the nephew.  I want to say 8 sentinels, though one was a gift.

Now, now...everyone just calm down. No need to start counting all your DMG stuff. Everyone just relax. 😅

17 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

What better way to spend the cold UP winters then around a Dog Might game table!

1 hour ago, Konas said:

What better way to spend the cold UP winters then around a Dog Might game table!

Definitely took a mother fuckin picture of that post.

*clink*

worth it

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 7:13 AM, Konas said:

Played Zombicide again over the weekend. Love having at least some of the minis painted for it while playing. Very proud of the bases that, hopefully, meld right into the map.

IMG_20200201_181702046.jpg

Dang, I totally want to paint my Zombicide minis, but my wife already thinks I'm a nerd, she might totally disown me if I start painting minis.

Though maybe I can trick her into doing a couple of them and get her hooked first..... Hmm... She loves dragons and we got the Zombie Dragons with Green Horde... could make a good entry into the dark side for her...

Edited by Peter Pickle

On 2/10/2020 at 9:13 AM, Konas said:

Played Zombicide again over the weekend. Love having at least some of the minis painted for it while playing. Very proud of the bases that, hopefully, meld right into the map.

IMG_20200201_181702046.jpg

That's fantastic work.  I can't believe I missed this.  If I get gud at mini painting this is the first board game I'm going to get done.