Konas

New Stuff Coming Out of the Wood Shop

Just now, Barb Bliss said:

Where's my water mellon one?

It's only Custom ordered stuff, not in stock. We thought in stock would skew the numbers.

1 minute ago, Konas said:

It's only Custom ordered stuff, not in stock. We thought in stock would skew the numbers.

That's fair.  

1 hour ago, Konas said:

Here is the popularity for woods/stains for token shields for an unspecified period of time. This is pretty much how it looks for all items. This is only for Custom orders, not in stock.

Token Shield wood Black Walnut 32
    Cherry 16
    Galaxy 12
    Red Oak 12
    Demons Blood 9
    Ruby 9
    Dark Walnut 8
    Benge 7
    Ebony 7
    Padauk 6
    Chechen 6
    Abyssal Black 5
    Wenge 5
    Poison Apple 5
    Sapphire 3
    Sunburst 3
    Cake 3
    Maple 3
    Moss 2
    Bolivian Rosewood 2
    Leopardwood 2
    Electric Pink 1
    Early American 1

Ooo, a Galaxy TS sounds pretty awesome...

Just now, EdInSeattle said:

I figured you'd be more of a bruise guy (dark blood).

3 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I figured you'd be more of a bruise guy (dark blood).

Because of the accident?  😂

Too soon?

5 minutes ago, EdInSeattle said:

I agree. Galaxy is such a pretty color that I think both of us are still looking for a piece to use that stain on? ; ).

I hope that @EdInSeattle doesn't take that the wrong way...just remembered he is one of the newer Underdogs. I only meant it in jest.

Just now, Konas said:

I hope that @EdInSeattle doesn't take that the wrong way...just remembered he is one of the newer Underdogs. I only meant it in jest.

Pretty sure he'll laugh, and then curse you for making  him laugh.

Just about Friday meeting time for you guys.  Have a good weekend.  We're due here for 3-5" of snow Sat night through Sunday.

Just about Friday meeting time for you guys.  Have a good weekend.  We're due here for 3-5" of snow Sat night through Sunday.

You are correct. Have a great weekend! Hopefully some L5R RPG this weekend. Our Pathfinder game got cancelled. Have fun gaming everyone.

7 minutes ago, Konas said:

Because of the accident?  😂

Too soon?

Ha ha ha <ow>  😛

Although that was a pretty stain--not sure I would have bought it, but I liked it!  

10 minutes ago, WxCougar said:

I agree. Galaxy is such a pretty color that I think both of us are still looking for a piece to use that stain on? ; ).

You are correct!  The Galaxy Sentinel that's up right now was tempting purely for the stain alone (the cyberpunk engraving certainly doesn't hurt--yowza), but I'm holding out for something I'll actually use, heh.  

Edited by EdInSeattle

5 minutes ago, EdInSeattle said:

You are correct!  The Galaxy Sentinel that's up right now was tempting purely for the stain alone (the cyberpunk engraving certainly doesn't hurt--yowza), but I'm holding out for something I'll actually use, heh.  

Yeah that stain turned out gorgeous. If I were to get another sentinel it would have a different interior.

Just now, WxCougar said:

Yeah that stain turned out gorgeous. If I were to get another sentinel it would have a different interior.

Don't let @Konas hear you say that or he'll keep making sentinels with that stain and the same interior.  He likes to torture @Thomas Browne and myself with caramel BoRo and that honeycomb interior.

Don't let @Konas hear you say that or he'll keep making sentinels with that stain and the same interior.  He likes to torture @Thomas Browne and myself with caramel BoRo and that honeycomb interior.

Well, I'd want a honeycomb interior : ). So one of us will be happy.

9 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Monday I will show you the preferences for Sentinel Interiors....

Have fun everyone. New guy won teammate of the week. Picked a bigass knife from the Box of Mystery as his prize.

6 hours ago, Konas said:

Some cool stuff going up today. Should be a pretty big drop. Lots of Player Pads and some more triple Mini Holders. I really hope the Ziricote base doesn't go because I really want it.

IMG_5127.JPG

IMG_5124.JPG

I was tempted to go for a triple stack but went with a single instead!

Just now, Zoxe said:

I was tempted to go for a triple stack but went with a single instead!

Which one did you grab?  I got a redheart one.

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

Which one did you grab?  I got a redheart one.

One of the Katalox.  THIS ONE, if I saved the right picture.

1580841438_IMG_5010.jpg.717737e1261801eb6b432c97608941b9.jpg

Just now, Zoxe said:

One of the Katalox.  THIS ONE, if I saved the right picture.

1580841438_IMG_5010.jpg.717737e1261801eb6b432c97608941b9.jpg

Nice.  I strongly considered getting mine in that wood, but there was this beautiful glowing redwood that seduced me.

8 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Nice.  I strongly considered getting mine in that wood, but there was this beautiful glowing redwood that seduced me.

I like the base engraving of yours better.  Sweet birdies instead of a celtic circle.  I'm guessing you'd rather have a base without sweet birdies on it.

13 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

I like the base engraving of yours better.  Sweet birdies instead of a celtic circle.  I'm guessing you'd rather have a base without sweet birdies on it.

I have nothing against birds. They are tasty when paired with green beans and mashed potatoes.

Seriously tho: I didn't notice the design, I was totally distracted by the wood grain. :)

4 minutes ago, Zoxe said:

I have nothing against birds. They are tasty when paired with green beans and mashed potatoes.

Seriously tho: I didn't notice the design, I was totally distracted by the wood grain. :)

@Konas if a Cherry 3 pack were to appear, I'd probably be interested.  Our hobby room is on the 1st floor, with 2 large windows. While I can store out of direct light, I'm always worried about light fade on some of the nicer woods.

20 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

I did get a redheart one, and am crossing my fingers (figuratively as I can't do it anymore physically) I don't get paint on it that I can wipe off with a damp cloth.

You should be fine.  Acrylics come off of gloss surfaces pretty easily with water and a paper towel if you catch it before it's fully cured.

I don't know what rubbing alcohol would do to DMG finishes, but it eats acrylic paint - even cured acrylic - pretty quickly.

I start and finish almost every mini with the airbrush, so I've generally NOT used a fancy holder - 20oz plastic bottle lids are my favorite (Gatorade, Vitamin Water) - but I have some pieces in work that I'd gladly swap to a more stable base, even if I have to swap back for the final airbrush shading.  I know I don't want to be airbrushing with a fancy holder!

Edited by Zoxe