Jump to content
Konas

New Stuff Coming Out of the Wood Shop

Recommended Posts

Just now, Barb Bliss said:

I would get it.

Speaking of which, how hard would it be to do a sunburst?  😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Barb Bliss said:

Speaking of which, how hard would it be to do a sunburst?  😁

Just send us an image  and we can do it. The only thing is that we are very limited on which material will accept it. So far its only the Wine and the Black that we've shown. We have more fabric coming for testing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Konas said:

Just send us an image  and we can do it. The only thing is that we are very limited on which material will accept it. So far its only the Wine and the Black that we've shown. We have more fabric coming for testing.

I realize this is a no go, but how cool would this be?

image.png.f2639a9b6fae27829ae656bfb1fb8eef.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Konas said:

Just send us an image  and we can do it. The only thing is that we are very limited on which material will accept it. So far its only the Wine and the Black that we've shown. We have more fabric coming for testing.

Something like this (sans the circling words) seems doable?  Maybe less friendly???

image.png.5d928ddc236438b06731dd046255bb12.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I realize this is a no go, but how cool would this be?

image.png.f2639a9b6fae27829ae656bfb1fb8eef.png

Cool, now just make that into a line drawing! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Barb Bliss said:

Something like this (sans the circling words) seems doable?  Maybe less friendly???

image.png.5d928ddc236438b06731dd046255bb12.png

Yeah, that's easy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Something like this (sans the circling words) seems doable?  Maybe less friendly???

image.png.5d928ddc236438b06731dd046255bb12.png

Or maybe sun rays like this?

image.png.c74c4706c9d1fc2d61d51b3a61723f51.png

Edited by Barb Bliss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

All the new pp have been snatched up except 2.  It seems like people would rather get less expensive woods/stains than premium woods that would add to the price tag.

<raises hand> I think the fancy woods are very pretty, but 99 times out of 100, I'm going to buy something with a sick colored stain.  ;)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EdInSeattle said:

<raises hand> I think the fancy woods are very pretty, but 99 times out of 100, I'm going to buy something with a sick colored stain.  ;)  

Guess what is our most popular wood and/ or finish. For example, the answer could be a wood type like Padauk or a colored stain like Ruby. The answer is neither of those, btw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the answer is amazingly consistent over all product types and in stock as well as custom orders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Konas said:

Guess what is our most popular wood and/ or finish. For example, the answer could be a wood type like Padauk or a colored stain like Ruby. The answer is neither of those, btw.

Black Walnut?  Mulligan: Spalty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Konas said:

Yeppers, black walnut. Have I said that before?

Not that I recall, but they do seem to go quick.  It looks luxurious but without the upcharge for boro, boco, chechen, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Konas said:

Guess what is our most popular wood and/ or finish. For example, the answer could be a wood type like Padauk or a colored stain like Ruby. The answer is neither of those, btw.

Sapphire birch?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Konas said:

Yeppers, black walnut. Have I said that before?

I don't remember you saying it, but I see a lot go up and a lot go out : ).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do enjoy a nice piece of black walnut.  It can have so much character!  For a mid-tier Wood, it certainly seems to offer the best bang for your buck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Konas said:

Yeppers, black walnut. Have I said that before?

Don't believe so.  And I am surprised.  I knew it was one of the best selling 'wood' finishes.  But I honestly thought the stains sold better.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the popularity for woods/stains for token shields for an unspecified period of time. This is pretty much how it looks for all items. This is only for Custom orders, not in stock.

Token Shield wood Black Walnut 32
    Cherry 16
    Galaxy 12
    Red Oak 12
    Demons Blood 9
    Ruby 9
    Dark Walnut 8
    Benge 7
    Ebony 7
    Padauk 6
    Chechen 6
    Abyssal Black 5
    Wenge 5
    Poison Apple 5
    Sapphire 3
    Sunburst 3
    Cake 3
    Maple 3
    Moss 2
    Bolivian Rosewood 2
    Leopardwood 2
    Electric Pink 1
    Early American 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Konas said:

Here is the popularity for woods/stains for token shields for an unspecified period of time. This is pretty much how it looks for all items. This is only for Custom orders, not in stock.

Token Shield wood Black Walnut 32
    Cherry 16
    Galaxy 12
    Red Oak 12
    Demons Blood 9
    Ruby 9
    Dark Walnut 8
    Benge 7
    Ebony 7
    Padauk 6
    Chechen 6
    Abyssal Black 5
    Wenge 5
    Poison Apple 5
    Sapphire 3
    Sunburst 3
    Cake 3
    Maple 3
    Moss 2
    Bolivian Rosewood 2
    Leopardwood 2
    Electric Pink 1
    Early American 1

That is really fascinating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WxCougar said:

That is really fascinating.

Yeah, we were surprised as well. We use to make stock based off of 'gut feeling' and would make a bunch of stuff that wouldn't sell. Now, I like to measure everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Konas said:

Yeah, we were surprised as well. We use to make stock based off of 'gut feeling' and would make a bunch of stuff that wouldn't sell. Now, I like to measure everything.

Where's my water mellon one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...