New Stuff Coming Out of the Wood Shop

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guess what today is?!?!??! Well, actually it was yesterday. It is the 5 year anniversary of Dog Might! Amazing!

💖

@Konas @Zoe I have an idea for a new board meeting gaming table for you guys (as seen on board game revolution Facebook page). Then again perhaps you already have it.....

Posted Images

So, we've been playing around with the R and D token trays. Just the simple four well ones. We've been using it at home for our Pandemic Legacy game and it is working quite well. I love that I can keep the tokens in it and bring it to the table full every week. We are going to plop some plexi on it today and try it out tomorrow. Its like a token shield but it fits better on the table because of its shape. Anything you'd like to see in it? We do want to keep it really simple and elegant.

3 hours ago, Konas said:

So, we've been playing around with the R and D token trays. Just the simple four well ones. We've been using it at home for our Pandemic Legacy game and it is working quite well. I love that I can keep the tokens in it and bring it to the table full every week. We are going to plop some plexi on it today and try it out tomorrow. Its like a token shield but it fits better on the table because of its shape. Anything you'd like to see in it? We do want to keep it really simple and elegant.

That sounds cool. We finally got a game where a tray would be handy. Course it would mean 2 trays since there are 6 different meeples.

Etching on the plexi is always a cool option.

3 hours ago, Konas said:

I think it needs magnets to attach cocos / other trays too so you can make a huge bank :D

Just now, Thomas Browne said:

If you don't want suggestions - then you shouldn't ask for them @Konas!

And I have FAR worse suggestions for you :D

Like 'design it so that it comes with an attachable gaming table'? 🤣

3 minutes ago, Konas said:

That was on my short list of responses yes - but I knew that wasn't happening.

The magnets I thought might at least be a realistic request.

46 minutes ago, Konas said:

This is a fantastic idea.  Table with a hinged top so I can store my minis inside the table (i.e. metal plate in the bottom of the compartment with a stunning lining over that).

Edited by Barb Bliss

Happy hump day everyone! I am in a fantastic mood despite not sleeping at all for no apparent reason. Got the new table home and, I must say, it looks so much better at home than it does in the shop lighting. The figure on the curly maple is just stunning. Not great pics that don't capture the warmth of the wood but I am very pleased. Just in time for Pandemic Legacy tonight!

IMG_20200203_171949706.jpg

5 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Out of reactions!   Not bad for a guy that said he wasn't going to make tables anymore.

I said I wouldn't make 'gaming tables'. 😃

4 minutes ago, Anne said:

@Konas Wow, that looks gorgeous! Will this week be your first game night testing it out?

Yeah, we are pumped to actually have enough room for our games and beers and snacks and everything!

Just now, Barb Bliss said:

If you are playing games on it, I think that could be classified as a "gaming table".  😈

I suppose your right. Evidently I will build a 'gaming table' despite all of my protests to the contrary. Hah.

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

If you are playing games on it, I think that could be classified as a "gaming table".  😈

Barb makes an excellent point...

We went to Art Van, a local furniture store in MI, and they had a few 'Amish built' tables actually made from solid hardwood. They started around $1100. I made this for about $100. Pretty good deal. I did not have to pay for my own labor, mind you. 

2 minutes ago, Konas said:

We went to Art Van, a local furniture store in MI, and they had a few 'Amish built' tables actually made from solid hardwood. They started around $1100. I made this for about $100. Pretty good deal. I did not have to pay for my own labor, mind you. 

How many hours of time did you spend on the table?

3 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

How many hours of time did you spend on the table?

It really went pretty quick. About 6 to 8 on the high end. Pretty simple build, no fancy add ones. I did two dado cuts on the bottom of the legs for some flare but really, just let the wood be the wood.

3 hours ago, Konas said:

Access to all the tools in the workshop is a pretty hefty savings as well!