Konas

New Stuff Coming Out of the Wood Shop

1 minute ago, tgpumpkin said:

What I just heard is that @Konas wants to watch my kids some night.

They can call you Uncle Konas.....

Wow, I really need to proofread my posts much more closely... 😋

30 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

What I just heard is that @Konas wants to watch my kids some night.

They can call you Uncle Konas.....

See - I read it as @Konas wanted to come out and pick up your kids for a weekend, playing games in the car back and forth :D

8 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

See - I read it as @Konas wanted to come out and pick up your kids for a weekend, playing games in the car back and forth :D

I think I read that too.  He could be like that 80s/90's movie Uncle Buck that starred John Candy and make oversized pancakes for them and such.

Yeah that dates me but I don't care.

8 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

I think I read that too.  He could be like that 80s/90's movie Uncle Buck that starred John Candy and make oversized pancakes for them and such.

Yeah that dates me but I don't care.

I'm picturing a comical montage :) 

So @Thomas Browne, we got in about 800 board feet of walnut today, the biggest order we have ever gotten. I was perusing some of the boards and found these. Hard to tell with just a rough cut on them but there is something special here. Let me know if you're interested. No pressure at all. Either way, thought it would be cool to post them as roughs and let everyone see how they turn out. Thomas, send me a note if you see something that speaks to you.

IMG_2477.JPG

IMG_2478.JPG

IMG_2479.JPG

8 minutes ago, Konas said:

So @Thomas Browne, we got in about 800 board feet of walnut today, the biggest order we have ever gotten. I was perusing some of the boards and found these. Hard to tell with just a rough cut on them but there is something special here. Let me know if you're interested. No pressure at all. Either way, thought it would be cool to post them as roughs and let everyone see how they turn out. Thomas, send me a note if you see something that speaks to you.

IMG_2477.JPG

IMG_2478.JPG

IMG_2479.JPG

I agree that's some pretty boards there.  Email coming soon.

4 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

You got some good wood there @Konas.  🙊

If I had a nickel....

Just now, Thomas Browne said:

I agree that's some pretty boards there.  Email coming soon.

Thought you might be interested.

Those are really cool. Can't wait to see what they look like finished. Like seeing the before and after.

1 minute ago, WxCougar said:

Those are really cool. Can't wait to see what they look like finished. Like seeing the before and after.

What should we make?

2 minutes ago, Konas said:

What should we make?

Seriously - depending on whether I take a board or not - I'd say you want this to definitely be something to show off those pieces - so no big sculpts.  No dragon/rolling tray.

I'd say probably AC, unsculpted screen or deck jacket to show off the wood best.  Maybe XL LG or XL DS for smaller pieces.

3 minutes ago, Konas said:

What should we make?

Something flat without sculpt or engraving.  Like a sentinel or screen.  Or if you were to make another skirmish box out of really pretty stuff, I would buy it.

Just now, Barb Bliss said:

Something flat without sculpt or engraving.  Like a sentinel or screen.  Or if you were to make another skirmish box out of really pretty stuff, I would buy it.

I forgot Sentinels in the list - but same idea.

1 minute ago, Thomas Browne said:

Seriously - depending on whether I take a board or not - I'd say you want this to definitely be something to show off those pieces - so no big sculpts.  No dragon/rolling tray.

I'd say probably AC, unsculpted screen or deck jacket to show off the wood best.  Maybe XL LG or XL DS for smaller pieces.

Jinx.  Cokes are on you.

10 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

A gaming table :D

Don't take this the wrong way...but....FU.  😁

4 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I noticed the duplicates and commented first.  Come on @Thomas Browne.  Dem's the rules.

I thought it was based on the posting order of the original posts/etc... not on the order of the commenting on the duplicates.

So thank you @Konas for the preview and the thought - but as discussed.. not quite what I'm looking for.  Still I can't wait to see what you make out of them.  They're going to be beauties.

1 minute ago, Thomas Browne said:

I thought it was based on the posting order of the original posts/etc... not on the order of the commenting on the duplicates.

Fine.  Come to Minneapolis, and I'll buy you a coke.

14 hours ago, Thomas Browne said:

Maybe some summer... not at this time of year :D

Good choice, though there's nothing quite like an ice palace or a holidazzle parade.