New Stuff Coming Out of the Wood Shop

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guess what today is?!?!??! Well, actually it was yesterday. It is the 5 year anniversary of Dog Might! Amazing!

💖

@Konas @Zoe I have an idea for a new board meeting gaming table for you guys (as seen on board game revolution Facebook page). Then again perhaps you already have it.....

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

See - I read it as @Konas wanted to come out and pick up your kids for a weekend, playing games in the car back and forth :D

I think I read that too.  He could be like that 80s/90's movie Uncle Buck that starred John Candy and make oversized pancakes for them and such.

Yeah that dates me but I don't care.

8 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

I think I read that too.  He could be like that 80s/90's movie Uncle Buck that starred John Candy and make oversized pancakes for them and such.

Yeah that dates me but I don't care.

I'm picturing a comical montage :) 

So @Thomas Browne, we got in about 800 board feet of walnut today, the biggest order we have ever gotten. I was perusing some of the boards and found these. Hard to tell with just a rough cut on them but there is something special here. Let me know if you're interested. No pressure at all. Either way, thought it would be cool to post them as roughs and let everyone see how they turn out. Thomas, send me a note if you see something that speaks to you.

IMG_2477.JPG

IMG_2478.JPG

IMG_2479.JPG

8 minutes ago, Konas said:

So @Thomas Browne, we got in about 800 board feet of walnut today, the biggest order we have ever gotten. I was perusing some of the boards and found these. Hard to tell with just a rough cut on them but there is something special here. Let me know if you're interested. No pressure at all. Either way, thought it would be cool to post them as roughs and let everyone see how they turn out. Thomas, send me a note if you see something that speaks to you.

IMG_2477.JPG

IMG_2478.JPG

IMG_2479.JPG

I agree that's some pretty boards there.  Email coming soon.

2 minutes ago, Konas said:

What should we make?

Seriously - depending on whether I take a board or not - I'd say you want this to definitely be something to show off those pieces - so no big sculpts.  No dragon/rolling tray.

I'd say probably AC, unsculpted screen or deck jacket to show off the wood best.  Maybe XL LG or XL DS for smaller pieces.

1 minute ago, Thomas Browne said:

Seriously - depending on whether I take a board or not - I'd say you want this to definitely be something to show off those pieces - so no big sculpts.  No dragon/rolling tray.

I'd say probably AC, unsculpted screen or deck jacket to show off the wood best.  Maybe XL LG or XL DS for smaller pieces.

Jinx.  Cokes are on you.