Konas

New Stuff Coming Out of the Wood Shop

4 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

That's a whole different kettle of fish.  Your films are entertaining and make it easy for me to neglect work for a little while.

We are going to do another actual play. All in house. All us. I will DM. Leather Mike, Zoe, Lindsey, and Jeremiah will be the players. And we will be doing giveaways almost every time. We will also be totally ourselves. It will be on you tube in a little while. We are finalizing the set and trying out new camera stuff. It will be much better then Fistful of Platinum.

49 minutes ago, Konas said:

We are going to do another actual play. All in house. All us. I will DM. Leather Mike, Zoe, Lindsey, and Jeremiah will be the players. And we will be doing giveaways almost every time. We will also be totally ourselves. It will be on you tube in a little while. We are finalizing the set and trying out new camera stuff. It will be much better then Fistful of Platinum.

This sounds awesome!  Will definitely watch  (had a harder time getting into Fistful of Platinum).

Will you be doing just Youtube or will it also be a Twitch thing?

2 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Every time you come up with something new, my wallet cries, and won't speak to me for days.

Days?  pppffftttt....it's not even that long.  Try hours ;) 

Visual proof the robin flock was hanging out around my house.  Kevin's front walk is much worse.  Unfortunately, they took off sometime this morning and weren't around when I was out putzing in the yard.

image.png.5787b45c8b0afacb518d026f49b83748.png

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

Morning all.  Sorry I wasn’t around yesterday.  Lots going on.  Got to play more Wingspan this weekend!  Really enjoy that game.  Whole fam does actually.  Close game but I squeezed out the victory.

big kickstarters launch this week.  Anachrony expansion is today (I think) and On Mars (a Lacerda game) is Thursday.  Never played a Lacerda game before.

B0EE5504-98AE-4E0F-A8BD-ABEDFD9E2BCD.jpeg

073EA032-3F5B-4CD5-A421-6341805306E3.jpeg

@tgpumpkin if we ever get together we should try Kanban.  It's really good and you can choose to play with nice or mean Sandra (the boss).  It has a cool corporate/car building theme.  We really love it but you need to play with mean Sandra.  I love his original Vinhos too!  I tried to read the rules to learn Lisboa but couldn't wrap my mind around it.  I'd need someone to teach me, but I think I'd love it.  

Edited by yatescory

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, yatescory said:

@tgpumpkin if we ever get together we should try Kanban.  It's really good and you can choose to play with nice or mean Sandra (the boss).  It has a cool corporate/car building theme.  We really love it but you need to play with mean Sandra.  I love his original Vinhos too!  I tried to read the rules to learn Lisboa but couldn't wrap my mind around it.  I'd need someone to teach me, but I think I'd love it.  

There is a good play through out there, but you need several hours.  Basically you need to figure out how you want to achieve your goals.  You can go to the cardinal to garner favors (rule breakers), but you can get stuck there if someone else doesn't also want to participate.  You can go above board to speak with architect or nobles or the guy that runs the city (but opening yourself to others riding in on  your coat tails) OR you can try to sneak in the back door and bribe your way to get what you want, but you won't get as much as if you went in the front door.  You can try to make money by producing goods and shipping them, but the more you do that, the lower the value of the goods drops due to supply and demand.  There is a lot going on, but it's what makes the game so fun for me.

Edited by Barb Bliss
wrong door mentioned.

1 hour ago, Barb Bliss said:

There is a good play through out there, but you need several hours.  Basically you need to figure out how you want to achieve your goals.  You can go to the cardinal to garner favors (rule breakers), but you can get stuck there if someone else doesn't also want to participate.  You can go above board to speak with architect or nobles or the guy that runs the city (but opening yourself to others riding in on  your coat tails) OR you can try to sneak in the back door and bribe your way to get what you want, but you won't get as much as if you went in the back door.  You can try to make money by producing goods and shipping them, but the more you do that, the lower the value of the goods drops due to supply and demand.  There is a lot going on, but it's what makes the game so fun for me.

Sounds excellent.  Love how things interact.  One of the best comments I've ever read about the game.  I need to try this but the teach is so intimidating and in my group I tend to teach everything so I know I'd have to Really know my stuff.

8 hours ago, yatescory said:

Sounds excellent.  Love how things interact.  One of the best comments I've ever read about the game.  I need to try this but the teach is so intimidating and in my group I tend to teach everything so I know I'd have to Really know my stuff.

It will be so much easier to learn if you watch the video.

16 hours ago, WxCougar said:

This sounds awesome!  Will definitely watch  (had a harder time getting into Fistful of Platinum).

Will you be doing just Youtube or will it also be a Twitch thing?

It will just be on you tube. Yeah, I hear you on FoP. The technical stuff was hard to watch. We are working hard to make sure that doesn't happen again. First, this will not be live, which helps a ton. Plus, we will be unleashed in this one. Fully DMG in all of our rough, drunken, idiotic glory. 

7 minutes ago, Konas said:

It will just be on you tube. Yeah, I hear you on FoP. The technical stuff was hard to watch. We are working hard to make sure that doesn't happen again. First, this will not be live, which helps a ton. Plus, we will be unleashed in this one. Fully DMG in all of our rough, drunken, idiotic glory. 

I need to test if I can do a nimble little jump onto the table without knocking everything over...

1 minute ago, Zoe said:

I need to test if I can do a nimble little jump onto the table without knocking everything over...

My nimble anything (particularly jumping) are over for me.

3 minutes ago, Zoe said:

I made that table.

MF.jpg

22 minutes ago, Konas said:

I made that table.

MF.jpg

Exactly!! So it should be fine!! It can withstand all kinds of shenanigans!

1 hour ago, Zoe said:

Exactly!! So it should be fine!! It can withstand all kinds of shenanigans!

I wonder how many times @Konas furrows his brow and shakes his head with you each day....

15 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

I wonder how many times @Konas furrows his brow and shakes his head with you each day....

(Zoe firings/day) x 12 = Furrowed brow occurences

16 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

I wonder how many times @Zoe rolls her eyes at leather mike or digger mike?

45 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I wonder how many times @Zoe rolls her eyes at leather mike or digger mike?

I would prefer if Digger Mike did not catch on.

4 minutes ago, Konas said:

I would prefer if Digger Mike did not catch on.

Don't worry...you're still art teacher Mike in our household.

Then again I never showed her the pic....

54 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Time of drop?

Probably 2ish.

54 minutes ago, Konas said:

Probably 2ish.

I'll be at the dentist (driving in the rain to/from).  Please provide pics of anything that might get snatched before I get home please.

45 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I'll be at the dentist (driving in the rain to/from).  Please provide pics of anything that might get snatched before I get home please.

@Thomas Browne break out the wallet sir.  OUR WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY HAS COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111