Konas

New Stuff Coming Out of the Wood Shop

Just now, Barb Bliss said:

@Konas, Did "the tub" work for you?

My bathroom is too small to fit four in. Hah. I barely fit in it when its just me.

1 minute ago, Konas said:

Thanks for the heads up. We have a couple of vendors that sell our stuff at cons. They order it with us and sell it at their stores or online. I am guessing it was foam brain. They buy a lot from us. Good lookin' out though.

It was.

I didn't want to mention the company outright.  I just wanted to be sure that it was an intentional arrangement.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Most of the time I've shot the moon, it was thanks to a massive percentage of cards in my hand in one suit.

Yeah - it's got to be one or the other pretty much.  Basically you have to be able to just run like EVERY trick.. and preferably be sure that people can't hold on to a heart (have enough so you can pull them all after you start your run).

1 minute ago, Konas said:

We did play a some Euchre over the weekend with my fam. Had a great time. I was getting amazing cards all night and we didn't lose a game. We had a great Sunday as well, playing the Game of Thrones LCG.

I "wasted" the weekend watching Tiger win The Masters again.  What he was able to overcome to just to be able to play golf again is amazing.  To come back and play like he is is truly incredible.  I'm very happy for him.

Note: for those not paying attention, in the last decade he's had 4 knee surgeries and 4 back surgeries.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Konas said:

My bathroom is too small to fit four in. Hah. I barely fit in it when its just me.

Silly goose.  You don't sit in the tub, you orientate your sitting positions so that you and your partner could line up in the tub.

Big delivery day today.  My q workshop pumpkin dice and a lazy box from DMG are due to arrive.  Wednesday when it's supposed to rain all day, my war in christmas minis are scheduled to arrive.

1 hour ago, Konas said:

Ditto on tub fitting, I think somewhere along the time line someone decided only midgets take baths...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GhostChopper said:

Ditto on tub fitting, I think somewhere along the time line someone decided only midgets take baths...

I really love where I live. The house is very cool. Lots of light. Woods along the full side. Lots of animals around. But the bathroom is not good. I am renting. If I wasn't I would have torn that bathroom immediately.

2 minutes ago, Konas said:

I really love where I live. The house is very cool. Lots of light. Woods along the full side. Lots of animals around. But the bathroom is not good. I am renting. If I wasn't I would have torn that bathroom immediately.

Speaking of lots of animals around...  There is a flock of robins that stay in Minneapolis year round.  And when I say flock, think a couple hundred robins.  They showed up on Saturday afternoon and are still here this morning.  Lots of tweeting going on.  There should be plenty of bird poop to be washed away on Wednesday/Thursday.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Konas said:

It’s on our to do list, I want a claw tub. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GhostChopper said:

It’s on our to do list, I want a claw tub. 

Of course you do.  Maybe have a dragon head faucet.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Of course you do.  Maybe have a dragon head faucet.

Might as well have some dragon claw feet made while I’m at it 😜

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Speaking of lots of animals around...  There is a flock of robins that stay in Minneapolis year round.  And when I say flock, think a couple hundred robins.  They showed up on Saturday afternoon and are still here this morning.  Lots of tweeting going on.  There should be plenty of bird poop to be washed away on Wednesday/Thursday.

We had a huge flock of robins show up during the snow in February. It did not end well for most of them.  Now that its warmer, I haven't seen a single robin, but plenty of starlings.

46 minutes ago, WxCougar said:

We had a huge flock of robins show up during the snow in February. It did not end well for most of them.  Now that its warmer, I haven't seen a single robin, but plenty of starlings.

I'm not sure where they go during the cold winter months, but they're hanging around.  On sunny days over 20 degrees, I've seen them sitting on the black trash barrels, and drinking from melted snow puddles in the past.  Maybe a brewery provides warm air during the winter.

Posted (edited)

Morning all.  Sorry I wasn’t around yesterday.  Lots going on.  Got to play more Wingspan this weekend!  Really enjoy that game.  Whole fam does actually.  Close game but I squeezed out the victory.

big kickstarters launch this week.  Anachrony expansion is today (I think) and On Mars (a Lacerda game) is Thursday.  Never played a Lacerda game before.

B0EE5504-98AE-4E0F-A8BD-ABEDFD9E2BCD.jpeg

073EA032-3F5B-4CD5-A421-6341805306E3.jpeg

Edited by tgpumpkin
  • Like 2

@tgpumpkin: Brother I love Lisboa, but I have a hard time getting people to play it with me.  Lots to learn before you can play, and of choices to consider.  Escape Plan will be here soon.

p.s. @Zoe / @Konas, the robins are still out there today!  The sounds of chirping is off the hook.  I should be able to open windows come lunchtime, so I hope they stay a while longer.  They like my next door neighbor's tree a lot.  I took some miss-delivered mail over yesterday, and their walk/steps was loaded with bird poop.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

@tgpumpkin: Brother I love Lisboa, but I have a hard time getting people to play it with me.  Lots to learn before you can play, and of choices to consider.  Escape Plan will be here soon.

p.s. @Zoe / @Konas, the robins are still out there today!  The sounds of chirping is off the hook.  I should be able to open windows come lunchtime, so I hope they stay a while longer.  They like my next door neighbor's tree a lot.  I took some miss-delivered mail over yesterday, and their walk/steps was loaded with bird poop.

I’ve been eyeing Lisboa deluxe edition.  So much high praise for it.  

19 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

I’ve been eyeing Lisboa deluxe edition.  So much high praise for it.  

You need to get the Makato job so I can play it with you.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

so any early week drop this week?

We were going to do one today but pushed to tomorrow. We are going to be on another KS of another company's and wanted to wait until they announced so we could put it in an email.

We've also been busy working on a new set....

Just now, Konas said:

We were going to do one today but pushed to tomorrow. We are going to be on another KS of another company's and wanted to wait until they announced so we could put it in an email.

We've also been busy working on a new set....

Good lord.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Good lord.

Why do you say that?

Just now, Konas said:

Why do you say that?

Every time you come up with something new, my wallet cries, and won't speak to me for days.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Every time you come up with something new, my wallet cries, and won't speak to me for days.

A new set for filming

Just now, Konas said:

A new set for filming

That's a whole different kettle of fish.  Your films are entertaining and make it easy for me to neglect work for a little while.