Konas

New Stuff Coming Out of the Wood Shop

2 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Leather Mike and now Digger Mike.  I think Leather Mike got the better end of that deal.

wow...you're really...picking...on him.

1 minute ago, tgpumpkin said:

wow...you're really...picking...on him.

I hope people don't start mistaking him for jim hairball.  Or is that too snotty to say?

13 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Leather Mike and now Digger Mike.  I think Leather Mike got the better end of that deal.

Agreed.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Barb Bliss said:

Holy Crap!  I bought too soon.

image.png.fe160fe2d7486110652deb6c5be8bb2c.png

I’m sure you can find many uses for many of these! 👌🏻

Tokens, jewelry, nuts, contraband...

Edited by GhostChopper

29 minutes ago, GhostChopper said:

I’m sure you can find many uses for many of these! 👌🏻

Tokens, jewelry, nuts, contraband...

Fancy candy dish. :)

Anyone purchased the Shield with 8 wells?  How do you like it?  I am considering having a custom piece done and don't know if I should go with the 6 or 8.  I know the graphics say how many tokens each hold but wanted some insight.  I play mostly euro style games with wooden pieces.  If I can make the 8 work, I'd rather do that but if they are REALLY small then I'd prefer just the 6 well.  If you see this today please let me know your thoughts asap since the free ship is this weekend.  

2 hours ago, yatescory said:

Anyone purchased the Shield with 8 wells?  How do you like it?  I am considering having a custom piece done and don't know if I should go with the 6 or 8.  I know the graphics say how many tokens each hold but wanted some insight.  I play mostly euro style games with wooden pieces.  If I can make the 8 work, I'd rather do that but if they are REALLY small then I'd prefer just the 6 well.  If you see this today please let me know your thoughts asap since the free ship is this weekend.  

I would look at the pieces you have and decide how many you want to fit in reach well. You could measure the sizes or guesstimate. 

Given: 

• Six Well Capacity. A well in the 'Six Well' design will hold around 50 round cardboard tokens or 20 meeples or 10 polyhedral dice. 
  • Eight Well Capacity. A well in the 'Eight Well' design will hold around 40 round cardboard tokens or 12 meeples or 7 polyhedral dice.

From the 6 to 8 well, the is a 1/5 loss in capacity on the cardboard tokens and a 2/5 loss for meeples. Total capacity (if all meeples) of 6 well would be 120 and 8 well would be 96. So you just gotta ask yourself how many tokens do you need to store. 

A0097052-72E7-42DE-BAAB-052D05ABFF34.jpeg

On 4/12/2019 at 9:54 AM, Konas said:

Mornin' everyone. How's tricks?

Got a drop later today. Probably around noon. Lots of token shields and a few more screens. Free shipping over the weekend, which is doubly good for you Underdogs since it stacks.

Question for you. My bro and his wife are coming over Saturday for some BBQ and Euchre. Lindsey hasn't played Euchre. Her family played something else, Bridge maybe. What were/are your favorite card games? My family was all about the Euchre.  And yes, BBQ, not smoked meats yet. Still too much of a newb to feed company with the smoked meats.

Late response - but I was at con this weekend.

Growing up - my family was all about pinochle (regular and double), and bridge.

In college, we had a group of friends who would play pretty much any card game in existence -- bridge was still a favorite, but we also played hearts(regular and cancellation), spades, sergeant major, even occasionally canasta and euchre.. and I had one person who I could play cribbage with as well.

@Konas - on a side note, I didn't say anything to the booth - but there was a booth at the con who was reselling a couple of your Valhalla screens.  I didn't ask the prices on them.  I just found it interesting that apparently people are buying them to resell them.  Apparently this company does that a bunch as they also had stuff from Level Up Dice, Kraken Dice and Elderwood all for sale as well (some of the things like the dice trays even had the other company's name on them).

I don't know if this bothers you or not (having people resell your stuff - when there was no obvious sign that DMG created them).

On 4/12/2019 at 11:26 AM, Barb Bliss said:

You do not want to ever play double deck cancellation hearts with me or my family.  Well, in general, avoid my family except for the people that married into it.

I LOVE double deck cancellation hearts!!  Possibly the most evil/vicious game ever created!

On 4/12/2019 at 1:27 PM, Barb Bliss said:

Holy Crap!  I bought too soon.

image.png.fe160fe2d7486110652deb6c5be8bb2c.png

That's what you get for all those quick impulse buys!  

Not that I know anything about that.. nope.. never done that myself.  Not once.

(probably more like four times)

1 minute ago, Thomas Browne said:

I LOVE double deck cancellation hearts!!  Possibly the most evil/vicious game ever created!

As you can imagine, my family loved it too, as it fit many of their true natures.  😬  But truth be told, my mother was the queen.  She'd just sit back and be as unnoticeable as possible, while the rest of us would try to go nuclear on the others.  She was in the top 2 low scores every time.   

4 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

As you can imagine, my family loved it too, as it fit many of their true natures.  😬  But truth be told, my mother was the queen.  She'd just sit back and be as unnoticeable as possible, while the rest of us would try to go nuclear on the others.  She was in the top 2 low scores every time.   

The real fun is to attempt to shoot the moon in cancellation hearts.

3 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

The real fun is to attempt to shoot the moon in cancellation hearts.

Yeah.  I've done it several times.  One time I had the king and 3 of clubs and nothing but hearts, with the top ones all in my hand.  I knew I was either going to get them all or none.  If the aces cancelled and my king was good and someone threw a heart on it, I had them all.  What really makes it interesting is if there is a kitty on the first trick taken. 

2 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Yeah.  I've done it several times.  One time I had the king and 3 of clubs and nothing but hearts, with the top ones all in my hand.  I knew I was either going to get them all or none.  If the aces cancelled and my king was good and someone threw a heart on it, I had them all.  What really makes it interesting is if there is a kitty on the first trick taken. 

Yeah - I've had an attempt foiled by the kitty more than once :(

I think I've only pulled it off once.. but saw it maybe a half dozen times in the group.

1 minute ago, Thomas Browne said:

Yeah - I've had an attempt foiled by the kitty more than once :(

I think I've only pulled it off once.. but saw it maybe a half dozen times in the group.

Getting 26 points hurts in regular hearts.  Getting 52 really hurts, so I was always wary.  I took a heart here or there just to be sure no one got them all.

Another card game we liked was 99.  My mom was super good at cheating at that game.  To the point of being unable to cheat because EVERYONE was watching her like a hawk.

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

Getting 26 points hurts in regular hearts.  Getting 52 really hurts, so I was always wary.  I took a heart here or there just to be sure no one got them all.

I forget the full hand I had.. but the one time I pulled it off was like I had all 8 aces, a couple of kings, and like over half the hearts including 7 of the top 8.

Literally I think I failed to take one trick but I had long since run hearts out of the game at that point.

Just now, Thomas Browne said:

I forget the full hand I had.. but the one time I pulled it off was like I had all 8 aces, a couple of kings, and like over half the hearts including 7 of the top 8.

Literally I think I failed to take one trick but I had long since run hearts out of the game at that point.

Most of the time I've shot the moon, it was thanks to a massive percentage of cards in my hand in one suit.

31 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

Late response - but I was at con this weekend.

Growing up - my family was all about pinochle (regular and double), and bridge.

In college, we had a group of friends who would play pretty much any card game in existence -- bridge was still a favorite, but we also played hearts(regular and cancellation), spades, sergeant major, even occasionally canasta and euchre.. and I had one person who I could play cribbage with as well.

@Konas - on a side note, I didn't say anything to the booth - but there was a booth at the con who was reselling a couple of your Valhalla screens.  I didn't ask the prices on them.  I just found it interesting that apparently people are buying them to resell them.  Apparently this company does that a bunch as they also had stuff from Level Up Dice, Kraken Dice and Elderwood all for sale as well (some of the things like the dice trays even had the other company's name on them).

I don't know if this bothers you or not (having people resell your stuff - when there was no obvious sign that DMG created them).

Thanks for the heads up. We have a couple of vendors that sell our stuff at cons. They order it with us and sell it at their stores or online. I am guessing it was foam brain. They buy a lot from us. Good lookin' out though.

We did play a some Euchre over the weekend with my fam. Had a great time. I was getting amazing cards all night and we didn't lose a game. We had a great Sunday as well, playing the Game of Thrones LCG.