Konas

New Stuff Coming Out of the Wood Shop

OK @Zoxe, My turkey is in the oven.  Fingers crossed the power lines don't go down.  You wouldn't believe the wind.  Tree branches down everywhere.  Earlier my house was either getting pelted with small hail or big honking sleet.  New ice dams created overnight.  An occasional light flicker gets my nerves going.  BUT, not much additional accumulation so far today.  AND my dish cleared enough to listen to some Masters broadcast.

7 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Is there any more debate as to who the favorite is???  That was sweet of you, brother.  Or was it savory?

Oh please you’ve sent them food trays 😛. Don’t even go there sis ;) 

7 hours ago, Konas said:

So, I came in this morning to a couple of immediate, hard meetings. Then, found out I had received a very special surprise from a Mr. @tgpumpkin. Incredible. You guys are the best. It really means a lot that anyone would send a gift like that.

10698482.jpg

Most welcome.  Smell them!!!!  You can practically taste the whiskey!

As tempting as it may be dont  put them in your mouth though.  Trust me on this.  😛 

Well I have officially now been to Kansas.  Job interview .  It was 83 when I arrived and 32 when I left.  What the heck 

1 hour ago, tgpumpkin said:

Most welcome.  Smell them!!!!  You can practically taste the whiskey!

As tempting as it may be dont  put them in your mouth though.  Trust me on this.  😛 

Those look super tasty! 🤪

4 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

Well I have officially now been to Kansas.  Job interview .  It was 83 when I arrived and 32 when I left.  What the heck 

If you get the job, you'll be in striking distance of Reapercon (Denton, TX).  

And I'm sure the temp change was a coincidence. There's a 'cold day in hell' joke in here somewhere, but I'm tired. :P

On 4/10/2019 at 12:00 PM, Konas said:

That's a nice mix. Yes, let's rephrase the challenge. The best combo of dream sculpt and wood.

I have always loved this concept art for Diablo3.  Selective airbrushed stains and inks over maybe some light cherry.

TyraelVsHell.thumb.jpg.f88d2fc48f0d2087ab7a4a5bb59325b5.jpg

12 hours ago, Zoxe said:

I have always loved this concept art for Diablo3.  Selective airbrushed stains and inks over maybe some light cherry.

TyraelVsHell.thumb.jpg.f88d2fc48f0d2087ab7a4a5bb59325b5.jpg

That's frickin sweet!

Mornin' everyone. How's tricks?

Got a drop later today. Probably around noon. Lots of token shields and a few more screens. Free shipping over the weekend, which is doubly good for you Underdogs since it stacks.

Question for you. My bro and his wife are coming over Saturday for some BBQ and Euchre. Lindsey hasn't played Euchre. Her family played something else, Bridge maybe. What were/are your favorite card games? My family was all about the Euchre.  And yes, BBQ, not smoked meats yet. Still too much of a newb to feed company with the smoked meats.

1 minute ago, Konas said:

Mornin' everyone. How's tricks?

Got a drop later today. Probably around noon. Lots of token shields and a few more screens. Free shipping over the weekend, which is doubly good for you Underdogs since it stacks.

Question for you. My bro and his wife are coming over Saturday for some BBQ and Euchre. Lindsey hasn't played Euchre. Her family played something else, Bridge maybe. What were/are your favorite card games? My family was all about the Euchre.  And yes, BBQ, not smoked meats yet. Still too much of a newb to feed company with the smoked meats.

Double Pinochle is a blast, but Euchre is easier to learn.  Minnesotans love 500. 

@Lindsey, three important rules to always follow with Euchre. 1) sit with the tub (same direction as the tub).  2) steal the deal every chance you can get.  Gets easier the more the opposition drinks, so get them to drink more than yourself.  3) With the score marker cards, show an edge of the next score spots (create buds to help your score grow).  

42 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Double Pinochle is a blast, but Euchre is easier to learn.  Minnesotans love 500. 

@Lindsey, three important rules to always follow with Euchre. 1) sit with the tub (same direction as the tub).  2) steal the deal every chance you can get.  Gets easier the more the opposition drinks, so get them to drink more than yourself.  3) With the score marker cards, show an edge of the next score spots (create buds to help your score grow).  

What's the 'tub'?

1 minute ago, Konas said:

What's the 'tub'?

You go into the bathroom where you are playing.  You and your card partner sit in the same orientation as the bathtub.  The tub has strong mystical powers and usually annoys the opposing team when you bring it up over and over.

1 minute ago, WxCougar said:

Uno and Mille Bourne are my favorites. Phase 10 is a family favorite.

When I was a kid, we played both these games.  My grandmother would crack everyone up when she would pronounce it "you-know" instead of "ooooo-know".

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Konas said:

Free shipping over the weekend, which is doubly good for you Underdogs since it stacks.

Stacks? The code we have is to give to friends/family, not to use personally right?

HEARTS!!! It’s such a fun evil card game. 

Arabian Rat S&$%! 😜 

Edited by GhostChopper

2 minutes ago, GhostChopper said:

Stacks? The code we have is to give to friends/family, not to use personally right?

Arabian Rat S&$%! 😜 

I think he means with the peterpickle code!

Hahaha, I love Arabian Rat S&$%!

2 minutes ago, GhostChopper said:

Arabian Rat S&$%! 😜 

You do not want to ever play double deck cancellation hearts with me or my family.  Well, in general, avoid my family except for the people that married into it.

Ugh.  Sitting and spinning like a toad.  No neighbors have helped with any snow removal, so I know it really sucks.  When I took my turkey carcass out to the food compost bin yesterday, the snow packed so tight I could read the small print on the sole of my boot in the snow pack.  Amazingly enough, the wind was so strong, that the massively heavy snow actually drifted.

image.png.24457d0a044313a46d790076f29186ae.png

Stock will be up after Zoe eats lunch. 

@tgpumpkin Seriously, I had nothing to do with this at all. Honestly. I just saw it for the first time this morning.

IMG_6458.JPG.6f824cd61c83a4cbf35d7c42f12a9748.JPG