Konas

New Stuff Coming Out of the Wood Shop

4 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

are you trying to compete with @Barb Bliss with spending my money @Zoe ?

2 minutes ago, Zoe said:

Just your friendly neighborhood information provider!!! 😁

Translation:  "Yes, yes I am!"

1 minute ago, Thomas Browne said:

Translation:  "Yes, yes I am!"

For some reason "The Candy Man Can" popped into my head, and I can't get it out.

14 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

I really like that walking Cthulhu case.  It’s fun

RIGHT. I went ahead with the Yellow King theme of my own accord. I hope it's up somebody's alley! Perfect for a True Detective RPG or something.

19 minutes ago, Zoe said:

RIGHT. I went ahead with the Yellow King theme of my own accord. I hope it's up somebody's alley! Perfect for a True Detective RPG or something.

I had wondered if the Yellow theme was on purpose or a happy coincidence : ).

1 hour ago, Thomas Browne said:

The tree sculpt isn't my favorite honestly.

And if we're talking favorite screen - I still have to go with this one (not that I will ever buy it)

1551386066_IMG_5372.JPG

Once again, Thomas, our tastes align.

Some day, I will have my own Valhalla Screen. I am really not sure what I would get as of right now. Maybe the Pathfinder screen in Redheart or maybe just a straight Kingwood flat panel. It is really hard to decide. If I had my druthers, I would have a fully sculpted Polish Eagle on the center of a killer piece of Redheart. With a cavalry of Polish Hussars on the side panels!  Maybe someday....

OK everyone, name your dream screen. Your dream sculpt on your dream wood.

For those of you who might not know what a Hussar is. A cavalry that wore large wings to confuse their enemies.

896309816d860ac3cb3a89fe32834653.jpg

@Lindsey got me this mini for XMas. I have been too afraid to start painting it. It is an amazing bust.

735064_504187549752799_9187640126995582515_n.jpg

1 minute ago, Konas said:

Some day, I will have my own Valhalla Screen. I am really not sure what I would get as of right now. Maybe the Pathfinder screen in Redheart or maybe just a straight Kingwood flat panel. It is really hard to decide. If I had my druthers, I would have a fully sculpted Polish Eagle on the center of a killer piece of Redheart. With a cavalry of Polish Hussars on the side panels!  Maybe someday....

Hmm.. that's tough because I don't think my 'dream sculpt' would look good on the 'dream wood'.

Dream sculpt:  TARDIS console

Dream wood:  That's a lot harder for me.  Something with a lot of contrast and figuring.  B&W Ebony maybe or Kingwood.  Or something like a gorgeous walnut burl or waterfall bubinga.

Dream screen - that is tough.  I would probably go after an ebony screen with some sort of battle scene on it (such that the battle would take up the bottom half and the sky would be above to show off the ebony.

2 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

Hmm.. that's tough because I don't think my 'dream sculpt' would look good on the 'dream wood'.

Dream sculpt:  TARDIS console

Dream wood:  That's a lot harder for me.  Something with a lot of contrast and figuring.  B&W Ebony maybe or Kingwood.  Or something like a gorgeous walnut burl or waterfall bubinga.

There's the challenge, right? A merger of the two.

1 minute ago, WxCougar said:

Dream screen - that is tough.  I would probably go after an ebony screen with some sort of battle scene on it (such that the battle would take up the bottom half and the sky would be above to show off the ebony.

That's a nice mix. Yes, let's rephrase the challenge. The best combo of dream sculpt and wood.

2 minutes ago, Konas said:

There's the challenge, right? A merger of the two.

@Konas it's also just the mix of my tastes.  For instance I do most of my sculpts in the less figured woods - but still things with enough difference to show (redheart, chechen, bubinga).  But the really heavily contrast woods, I like plain (bocote, kingwood, etc).  

I think too much 'activity' in the wood distracts from a sculpt, while a sculpt should highlight the subtleties of woods.

1 hour ago, Konas said:

Dream screen?  Ohhhh that’s a toughie .  I’m going to have to think on that

Just now, Thomas Browne said:

Oh I expected to see an image of Waffle Boy up here :)

How could I forget waffle guy.  And yes, he was in Minneapolis.

42 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I guess I need a 4 piece screen...

image.png.a77ec42ff44c474d326919429e154880.png

Get two of them, and you can build yourself a little fort around yourself.  Then you just need a die catapult to start launching d20s at your players (or at your gm as the case may be)

OT: it's snowing really hard out.  It kindly waited until I got back from Bloomington over my lunch hour.

image.thumb.png.511acbdce85dc122f65b8d4329d2cae0.png

1 hour ago, Thomas Browne said:

Get two of them, and you can build yourself a little fort around yourself.  Then you just need a die catapult to start launching d20s at your players (or at your gm as the case may be)

Sounds fun : ).

So, I came in this morning to a couple of immediate, hard meetings. Then, found out I had received a very special surprise from a Mr. @tgpumpkin. Incredible. You guys are the best. It really means a lot that anyone would send a gift like that.

10698482.jpg

7 minutes ago, Konas said:

So, I came in this morning to a couple of immediate, hard meetings. Then, found out I had received a very special surprise from a Mr. @tgpumpkin. Incredible. You guys are the best. It really means a lot that anyone would send a gift like that.

10698482.jpg

Is there any more debate as to who the favorite is???  That was sweet of you, brother.  Or was it savory?