Konas

New Stuff Coming Out of the Wood Shop

Beautiful weekend. Not much actual gaming occurred. But I did do some prep for my upcoming RPG. It was soooooo nice out. Did some smoking and gardening.

29 minutes ago, Konas said:

Beautiful weekend. Not much actual gaming occurred. But I did do some prep for my upcoming RPG. It was soooooo nice out. Did some smoking and gardening.

It rained or threatened rain all weekend.  But the basketball God's have given a gift to the fans of Texas Tech and UVA for today.  Then it's back to SMH territory.

image.thumb.png.02a4506592124e7ae86297e629bfa046.png

• Like 1

This was basically my weekend. The only issue we had was that the brisket shipped to us for our Butcher Box was barely that. It was only a small partial 'flat' without the 'point' of the brisket. It was very tough after smoking. But, no biggie. I am a newb and will get the proper meat next time. The salmon I grilled on Sunday was amazing.

IMG_20190406_134733307_HDR.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Konas said:

This was basically my weekend. The only issue we had was that the brisket shipped to us for our Butcher Box was barely that. It was only a small partial 'flat' without the 'point' of the brisket. It was very tough after smoking. But, no biggie. I am a newb and will get the proper meat next time. The salmon I grilled on Sunday was amazing.

Run the brisket through a grinder with some cooked carrots, onions, and potatoes.  Cook that hash like hash browns.  My dad and I liked to spread a little ketchup on top.  Mmmm

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Konas said:

This is Instagram-worthy. I'm jealous of your weekend, and I had a pretty nice one!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Konas said:

The trial and error part is so much fun....because the "errors" can sure be tasty.  Hope you enjoy this new hobby :) 

I sometimes have to do some footwork to get a real "full" brisket.  Fairly easy for the most part to find people who will sell "the flat".  Harder to find ones that include the point.  I usually find success at Costco if you have one of those around.  I love making burnt ends though I've only made them 3-4 times.  I think I have a solid approach going but need a little more work :) 

When you decide to do pork butt....MUCH easier to find.  Grocery stores...warehouse businesses....butt is everywhere!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Konas said:

Friday night was dinner out. Re-found a local diner/bar that we used to hit a few years ago.  They have great fish on Fridays and their thin crust pizza hits the spot.   I wish their whisky selection was better.

Saturday was painting minis, getting a few other nerd projects organized/started, some yard work (burnt a big brush pile), and a trip into town for groceries and an ice cream cone.  I ran a Battlestar Galactica marathon as a joke, but we ended up watching most of season 1.

Sunday was painting minis, a little yard work, and then some rain.  Mostly nerd projects.  The house is a wreck, and the trash needs taken out, but we had a great weekend.

• Like 3

On 4/8/2019 at 5:59 AM, Konas said:

Or KD settlement met Slenderman for the first time. That was one creepy but fun fight! =D Beyond that we got some much needed gardening in.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Zoxe said:

Friday night was dinner out. Re-found a local diner/bar that we used to hit a few years ago.  They have great fish on Fridays and their thin crust pizza hits the spot.   I wish their whisky selection was better.

Saturday was painting minis, getting a few other nerd projects organized/started, some yard work (burnt a big brush pile), and a trip into town for groceries and an ice cream cone.  I ran a Battlestar Galactica marathon as a joke, but we ended up watching most of season 1.

Sunday was painting minis, a little yard work, and then some rain.  Mostly nerd projects.  The house is a wreck, and the trash needs taken out, but we had a great weekend.

My house is kind of a wreck too after the weekend.  I got a load of laundry washed on Sunday, but it's still sitting in the dryer.  I got the dishwasher loaded and run too, but dirty dishes are stacking up as the dishwasher is full of clean dishes.  Hmmmm  I'm discerning a pattern here.  Recyclables and trash are getting put out this afternoon so not as many trips out on Thursday night. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GhostChopper said:

Or KD settlement met Slenderman for the first time. That was one creepy but fun fight! =D Beyond that we got some much needed gardening in.

I need to try and get another KD campaign going again.  Maybe over the summer.  First campaign died an inglorious TPK against our first King's Man confrontation - when we only had 6 population total.

Of course didn't help when our first non-prologue hunt resulted in a TPK when first turn critical resulted in castrating the Lion.  For some reason, that makes it very angry. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

I need to try and get another KD campaign going again.  Maybe over the summer.  First campaign died an inglorious TPK against our first King's Man confrontation - when we only had 6 population total.

Of course didn't help when our first non-prologue hunt resulted in a TPK when first turn critical resulted in castrating the Lion.  For some reason, that makes it very angry. :D

This was our first time playing Slenderman. I would highly suggest the expansion for thematic effects. 

I think we have 3-4 campaigns going, 1 that’s just us, the others are for when guests drop by and want to play. It gets super confusing as we're not the best record keepers 😅

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GhostChopper said:

This was our first time playing Slenderman. I would highly suggest the expansion for thematic effects. 

I think we have 3-4 campaigns going, 1 that’s just us, the others are for when guests drop by and want to play. It gets super confusing as we're not the best record keepers 😅

Yeah - I was just trying to keep track of a solo campaign and the group and it was tough.

I definitely want to try all of the expansions eventually - the group wants to try Spidicules I think next.. but I may try to keep them on the base game since we didn't even hit LY 10 the first time.

Gorm and Slenderman are high on my list to try.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas Browne said:

But seriously - why did it even care?  I mean it's not like there are any lionesses out on the stone plains.  God knows we've checked enough of them apparently :D

Hey @Konas any idea when the next drop will be?

We were hoping to get one up today but it looks like it will have to be tomorrow. Too much other stuff happening today. Should be early in the day though.

But seriously - why did it even care?  I mean it's not like there are any lionesses out on the stone plains.  God knows we've checked enough of them apparently :D

Pretty sure the castration turned him into a pussycat.

30 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Pretty sure the castration turned him into a pussycat.

Oh trust me - it most definitely DID NOT!

8 hours ago, Thomas Browne said:

Yeah - I was just trying to keep track of a solo campaign and the group and it was tough.

I definitely want to try all of the expansions eventually - the group wants to try Spidicules I think next.. but I may try to keep them on the base game since we didn't even hit LY 10 the first time.

Gorm and Slenderman are high on my list to try.

The flower knight is fun

• Like 1

Good morning everyone! I am pumped up today. We have a good drop coming later in the morn. Some very cool Valhalla Screens and ACs. Token Shields will be Friday. How y'all doing?

7 minutes ago, Konas said:

Good morning everyone! I am pumped up today. We have a good drop coming later in the morn. Some very cool Valhalla Screens and ACs. Token Shields will be Friday. How y'all doing?

Good.  The weather looks less horrible as temps aren't dropping as much as expected.  7-13" of snow downgraded to 3-8" of snow.  Also, it's the last night of bowling.  I've decided to pull the plug on future bowling unless I can find a different team that is looking for a half time bowler.  One of my "team mates" is very rude and passive aggressive, and I decided I didn't enjoy bowling enough to put up with him every week.  It's quite a freeing experience knowing that tonight will be the last time I have to put up with his crap.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Barb Bliss said:

Good.  The weather looks less horrible as temps aren't dropping as much as expected.  7-13" of snow downgraded to 3-8" of snow.  Also, it's the last night of bowling.  I've decided to pull the plug on future bowling unless I can find a different team that is looking for a half time bowler.  One of my "team mates" is very rude and passive aggressive, and I decided I didn't enjoy bowling enough to put up with him every week.  It's quite a freeing experience knowing that tonight will be the last time I have to put up with his crap.

Yes, fun activities should always be fun. Once that stops, it becomes more job like. That ain't good.

New stock going up now! Woo Hoo! The ACs are very cool today.  

BTW, our email tag line is inspired by the 'How's the Weather...' thread from these forums. TY. YTB.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Konas said:

Yes, fun activities should always be fun. Once that stops, it becomes more job like. That ain't good.

For a couple of years, I decided to not reward inappropriate behavior, hoping he would give up behaving like a jerk.  It can't be fun for him either being a jerk on purpose.  But I don't see him changing, so it's time to remove that dysfunction from my life.

1 minute ago, Konas said:

New stock going up now! Woo Hoo! The ACs are very cool today.  

BTW, our email tag line is inspired by the 'How's the Weather...' thread from these forums. TY. YTB.

what's pseudo purple heart?