Konas

New Stuff Coming Out of the Wood Shop

3 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Is he willing to trade?

Lolz, my husband saw the dracolich and asked the same thing. We don’t need 3 screens, but damn it’s a beauty.  

15 hours ago, GhostChopper said:

Lolz, my husband saw the dracolich and asked the same thing. We don’t need 3 screens, but damn it’s a beauty.  

Which Dracolich?  The Macassar?

Yeah - that's definitely a beauty.

3 hours ago, Thomas Browne said:

Which Dracolich?  The Macassar?

Yeah - that's definitely a beauty.

Yeah.  That "tiger's eye" effect is glorious.

So, the page for the Token Shield is up. We haven't shared the link to anyone yet but wanted to get your opinion on it. We are shooting more video today and tomorrow, so ignore the short vid we have up now. Does it clearly show capacity? Is it confusing in any way? Etc. Etc.

http://dogmight.com/tokenshield

Have you considered putting a couple of arm straps on the back to enhance the illusion of it being a shield?

15 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Have you considered putting a couple of arm straps on the back to enhance the illusion of it being a shield?

That’s not a bad idea @Barb Bliss

3 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

You sound so surprised, my brother.

Lol just an expression.  You have great ideas...just bad tastes in sport teams 😛 

18 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

You laugh @Zoe, but there is room on the sides to tack on some leather straps.  If the loops aren't too big, they shouldn't interfere with the lazy action.  I hope you guys at least consider it as an add-on.

p.s. Maybe Jeremiah could put some on mine before it ships out??? 

1 minute ago, tgpumpkin said:

Lol just an expression.  You have great ideas...just bad tastes in sport teams 😛 

Well, what I know is that my team is still playing.  😁

p.s. You wouldn't believe some of the sour grape action coming from walverine nation.  Pretty sad yet hilarious at the same time.

p.p.s @Konas and I aren't the only ones.

https://www.mlive.com/news/2019/04/michigan-state-has-americas-support-after-beating-duke-to-reach-final-four-twitter-data-says.html

image.png.29b0d21f8fdd98e587f80813ea8fea29.png

1 hour ago, Konas said:

So, the page for the Token Shield is up. We haven't shared the link to anyone yet but wanted to get your opinion on it. We are shooting more video today and tomorrow, so ignore the short vid we have up now. Does it clearly show capacity? Is it confusing in any way? Etc. Etc.

http://dogmight.com/tokenshield

Only thing I might suggest would be to change the text on the well capacity -- either describe the capacity of 'large' and 'small' wells or separate it out into two sections.

I know you have that on the pictures - but the difference between the 6-well and the 8-well is pretty significant.. and I think worth calling out in the text as well as the image.

49 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

You laugh @Zoe, but there is room on the sides to tack on some leather straps.  If the loops aren't too big, they shouldn't interfere with the lazy action.  I hope you guys at least consider it as an add-on.

p.s. Maybe Jeremiah could put some on mine before it ships out??? 

Do you mean short straps on the visible sides of the shield, not on the bottom? Its interesting. We would have to be careful not to drill through the side walls.

21 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

Only thing I might suggest would be to change the text on the well capacity -- either describe the capacity of 'large' and 'small' wells or separate it out into two sections.

I know you have that on the pictures - but the difference between the 6-well and the 8-well is pretty significant.. and I think worth calling out in the text as well as the image.

Awesome advice. Consider it done.

1 minute ago, Konas said:

Do you mean short straps on the visible sides of the shield, not on the bottom? Its interesting. We would have to be careful not to drill through the side walls.

I was thinking on the back side, nearer to the edges of the shield.  Far enough out that it wouldn't interfere with the spinning action.  Kind of like this:

image.png.af0a9219e6474621d522871d2a40b086.png

2 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I was thinking on the back side, nearer to the edges of the shield.  Far enough out that it wouldn't interfere with the spinning action.  Kind of like this:

No no no.. you need the straps into the base of the lazy susan itself - so that you can wear it on your arm.. and spin the disk to send the meeples flying out across the room!

2 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Gotcha. I really don't think there is room to put them there. If we did, they would have to be very close to the back and wouldn't leave any room to get an arm or hand in.

10 minutes ago, Konas said:

Gotcha. I really don't think there is room to put them there. If we did, they would have to be very close to the back and wouldn't leave any room to get an arm or hand in.

I was thinking style versus function.  Add to the illusion of it being a shield.

7 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Maybe consider an XL shield size...

Which then just begs for the double decker "Gourdian" modification :)

1 minute ago, Thomas Browne said:

Which then just begs for the double decker "Gourdian" modification :)

XL on the bottom, and regular size above it on a spit.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Barb Bliss said:

Well, what I know is that my team is still playing.  😁

p.s. You wouldn't believe some of the sour grape action coming from walverine nation.  Pretty sad yet hilarious at the same time.

p.p.s @Konas and I aren't the only ones.

https://www.mlive.com/news/2019/04/michigan-state-has-americas-support-after-beating-duke-to-reach-final-four-twitter-data-says.html

image.png.29b0d21f8fdd98e587f80813ea8fea29.png

Weird that Oregon is rooting for Virginia. Not that any local I know has a stake in this one.

Edited by WxCougar

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, WxCougar said:

Weird that Oregon is rooting for Virginia. Not that any local I know has a stake in this one.

Some like UVA is because of the coach.  He's royalty in Wisconsin.  Maybe they have ties to Oregon too.

Edited by Barb Bliss