Konas

New Stuff Coming Out of the Wood Shop

3 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

If you haven't already signed up for the email, do so.  There will be another wave.  A tower is made up of two boxes.  So take half of one of those boxes and cut it in half.  For me, the tower plus 1/2 box is up to the top of my windows.  I display my DMG gear in those top 1/2 boxes.

Ahh...makes sense. Yeah, the email is how I knew they were finally in stock. Was nice that they were also having a sale. 🤑

Just now, GhostChopper said:

Ahh...makes sense. Yeah, the email is how I knew they were finally in stock. Was nice that they were also having a sale. 🤑

Sale = Kickstarter price.  The "sale" is because of how many backers wanted to get more at the KS price.  So make sure you get what you want as the retail will be worse.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Sale = Kickstarter price.  The "sale" is because of how many backers wanted to get more at the KS price.  So make sure you get what you want as the retail will be worse.

Yeah - I wish I could have picked them up in the KS.. or even pick them up now.  Unfortunately just out of my price range at the moment (mostly due to the game topper still - but I've been VERY happy with that, so can't really complain).

• Like 1

The price is definitely a factor for me. We don't have a ton of games (at least compared to some out there). I think we are going to go the Kallax route.

1 hour ago, GhostChopper said:

FYI - from a KS update.

We sold out of all our remaining stock on Day 1, but we're now taking pre-orders for BoxThrones that are currently in transit to the warehouse! Anything labelled "Pre-order" will ship out to customers in 2-3 weeks. Take a gander at www.storemyboardgames.com!

34 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Canary Sentinel is gone.  Someone got a beauty.

It was beautiful...just not a tg piece.  

Ill get a second sentinel someday .  @Konas have you used yours with Arkham?  

On 2/19/2019 at 3:18 PM, GhostChopper said:

I saw the Chechen, was interested in seeing what epic dice box @tgpumpkin purchased back in the day. =P

Here’s the beauty.  The metal plate is my pumpkin face profile on Kickstarter in case you’re wondering.  We’ve used this so much as our rolling tray over the past couple of years.  Now that I have my castle and soon to be sabertooth I’ll have to split up rolling tray duties.

It’s special to me because it’s more personal.  It’s not any crazy kind of wood or anything but definitely a favorite piece of mine for sentimental reasons .  

B3410E95-E962-4F62-9EAB-BDB319A8281D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

Here’s the beauty.  The metal plate is my pumpkin face profile on Kickstarter in case you’re wondering.  We’ve used this so much as our rolling tray over the past couple of years.  Now that I have my castle and soon to be sabertooth I’ll have to split up rolling tray duties.

It’s special to me because it’s more personal.  It’s not any crazy kind of wood or anything but definitely a favorite piece of mine for sentimental reasons .  

B3410E95-E962-4F62-9EAB-BDB319A8281D.jpeg

It’s a beauty indeed! Thanks for sharing! 😊

8 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I don't mean to be a pain @tgpumpkin, but it looks like the big headed kid to me 🎃

Is the wood Padauk or is it stained that color?

My guess is Padauk but it’s more red than I have seen Padauk in the past.  I’ve had it for a couple of years so I don’t know if it changed since then.  I don’t put it in sunlight.

48 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

My guess is Padauk but it’s more red than I have seen Padauk in the past.  I’ve had it for a couple of years so I don’t know if it changed since then.  I don’t put it in sunlight.

57 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I don't mean to be a pain @tgpumpkin, but it looks like the big headed kid to me 🎃

Is the wood Padauk or is it stained that color?

The grain looks like Padauk. Those little lines I’ve yet to see on another wood...tho there’s probably one out there

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GhostChopper said:

The grain looks like Padauk. Those little lines I’ve yet to see on another wood...tho there’s probably one out there

Yes, it is Padauk. Good work!

15 minutes ago, Konas said:

Yes, it is Padauk. Good work!

Yay I just hosted my first ever “Woodnt you like to know” post.  I feel pretty special right about now.

• Like 4

I really like this one.  It should be front and center of your branding.  Though I'd give him an auburn colored beard.

image.png.f6167f3bb716848121f61432252cbe4e.png

Just now, tgpumpkin said:

Holy shit!!

damn it....

*puts money in swear jar*

How big is your jar?  Did it come from Costco?

• Like 2

Just now, Barb Bliss said:

I really like this one.  It should be front and center of your branding.  Though I'd give him an auburn colored beard.

Yeah, I dig it too. We haven't sold one of these yet so we are going to hold off on the front and center.
We have a bunch of in stock screens coming out over the next day. This is just the first batch. More to come later.

2 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

Holy shit!!

damn it....

*puts money in swear jar*

Is it a quarter for each swear. Cuz that should be 2.

HS and DI

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

This one is outstanding in so many ways.  Brilliant.

i love that gear design.  Such a sucker for steampunk.  Ahhhh

1 minute ago, Konas said:

Is it a quarter for each swear. Cuz that should be 2.

HS and DI

I think DI is more of a stern look offense.  You get let off with a warning.

hs is a ticket....misdemeanor

we all know how bad MF is. ;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Man if that design finds its way on anything else I’m doomed.

some lucky SOB is going to walk away with a beauty

*clink*

....at least I used initials that time...  

1 minute ago, tgpumpkin said:

Man if that design finds its way on anything else I’m doomed.

some lucky SOB is going to walk away with a beauty

*clink*

....at least I used initials that time...  

I am NOT going to use up all my reaction on you, my brother.  But LOL.

• Like 1