Konas

New Stuff Coming Out of the Wood Shop

4 minutes ago, yatescory said:

You bought It!  Barb!!!  No can do on the trade but I do admit it is tempting.  Someday we will get something worked out!  Honestly, if you reallllllllllly do want it I can sell it to you for what I paid for it, with the promise I'll spend the money on another piece of DMG loot.  But it was pretty pricey from what I remember though I did get a discount on it too.  Let me know Barb if you're interested.  

It was my attempt at being funny.  It's your tray, and should stay with you.  Of course if you die before I do, I'll gladly accept it in remembrance of you. 

Edited by Barb Bliss

3 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

It was my attempt at being funny.  It's your tray, and should stay with you.  Of course if you die before I do, I'll gladly accept it in remembrance of you. 

Thanks Barb!  I just....kinda feel bad having it when I know how much you love it.  You're the only person I'd consider letting it go for.  I Love it myself so much but often when I roll the dice I swear it calls your name.   

I think I need one of them keychains in a fancy wood like waterfall bubinga 😛 

seeiously though may be cool to get one in Padauk.  

4 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

Unfortunately since I think these are being made from wood scraps - that would require them to get a 'scrap' of Waterfall bubinga :(

47 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

Unfortunately since I think these are being made from wood scraps - that would require them to get a 'scrap' of Waterfall bubinga :(

*looks around* ....I'm not understanding the problem here.  

11 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

*looks around* ....I'm not understanding the problem here.  

The problem is finding someone to throw them enough money for them to get the BIG piece of Waterfall Bubinga so we can get scraps.

Sounds like a job for @Zoe

Damn it @Konas @Zoe and @Lindsey why do you have to make things I don’t need!  I have so many dice from you guys alone.  I don’t need dice.  Yet these dice look tasty which makes me want to need dice.  Then to put the cherry on the sundae you make a pretty creative dice box.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/icecreamdice/ice-cream-dice/posts/2415745

in all seriousness I love you keep exploring cool collaborations.

61E287EC-9267-4EAD-9D29-E8AF2EF3E676.jpeg

38 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

Damn it @Konas @Zoe and @Lindsey why do you have to make things I don’t need!  I have so many dice from you guys alone.  I don’t need dice.  Yet these dice look tasty which makes me want to need dice.  Then to put the cherry on the sundae you make a pretty creative dice box.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/icecreamdice/ice-cream-dice/posts/2415745

in all seriousness I love you keep exploring cool collaborations.

61E287EC-9267-4EAD-9D29-E8AF2EF3E676.jpeg

Hah. I would like to note for the record that I didn't mention this here at all. You found it all by yourself!

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 7:52 AM, tgpumpkin said:

We could do that. The Padauk. Not the Waterfall.

Just now, Konas said:

Hah. I would like to note for the record that I didn't mention this here at all. You found it all by yourself!

... newsletter..... so not here but directly to each of us...

On another note, we cut into the Bastogne Walnut yesterday. Gorgeous. A bit lighter than Black Walnut but heavily figured. It is also very wet. Need to let it sit for a bit before we do anything with it.

We got some Redheart in the other day that was so wet it was spraying water when we cut it. I have never seen anything like it. Now, we have to let it sit for a month or two. 

2 minutes ago, marsniper_27 said:

... newsletter..... so not here but directly to each of us...

Oh, we probably mentioned it on Facebook. We haven't put it in the newsletter yet, we were planning on doing that today.

Oh, and I just backed it on KS so if you follow DMG on KS, you probably got a note. We can't hide anything nowadays, can we.

5 minutes ago, Konas said:

Oh, and I just backed it on KS so if you follow DMG on KS, you probably got a note. We can't hide anything nowadays, can we.

This is how I saw it.

23 minutes ago, Konas said:

I’m not sure how but a couple days ago I came across something that clued me into the ice cream dice.  (Again I don’t shop for dice). As I was just nosing around I saw the creator tease that he had a cool collaboration with DMG and I was like ohhhh crap.  Second you backed it I figured he’d posted the surprise.

i would back if I had a need or used polys .  I think they’re neat looking.  

22 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I don't particularly care for the dice, but the box is cute as can be.

I’d get the butterscotch, razz, and Neapolitan if I had any need for dice.  

Box is awesome imo.  

2 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

Aww shucks foiled again @Thomas Browne ;) 

on a different note can’t wait to check out that walnut so I can at least see the wood @Barb Bliss will beat me to :) 

Let's list the things that are faster than @tgpumpkin pulling the trigger.  I'll start.  A buffalo in 105 degree heat.

3 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

Aww shucks foiled again @Thomas Browne ;) 

on a different note can’t wait to check out that walnut so I can at least see the wood @Barb Bliss will beat me to :) 

I would hate to face her in a duel. She's got an amazing trigger finger.

1 minute ago, Konas said:

But if someone is chasing me, I'm toast.  I couldn't outrun a drunk walrus anymore.

2 minutes ago, Konas said:

@Barb Bliss buys things before they hit the store.  She’s talking to me about being slow as a Buffalo in 105 heat.....she’s faster than a fat kid chasing an ice cream truck.  There’s really no comparison here..... ;)

I think what you should do @Konas is just post a product on the store but replace the buy button with “barb already bought this” button.  That way she doesn’t have to go through the trouble of reposting pictures of what we missed in those .005 seconds you launched it and she bought it :D 

8 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Let's list the things that are faster than @tgpumpkin pulling the trigger.  I'll start.  A buffalo in 105 degree heat.

CoCo fulfillment

1 minute ago, tgpumpkin said:

@Barb Bliss buys things before they hit the store.  She’s talking to me about being slow as a Buffalo in 105 heat.....she’s faster than a fat kid chasing an ice cream truck.  There’s really no comparison here..... ;)

We've already established I don't run anymore.  As far as buying before it hits the store, I only did that once and I'd do it again for that boco mimic box.