Konas

New Stuff Coming Out of the Wood Shop

1 minute ago, WxCougar said:

Ouch... the puns snuck in.

Not having a vowel middle name, I don't get the fun word initials. But I did trade a hard to spell/pronounce last name for an easy one (but then, you could always weed out the junk phone calls when they don't see your name right).

My parents decided to purposefully have my initials spell ZAP (my dad's spell MAP) after joking about naming me Penelope.

So I'd be Penelope Prokopiak. 😂

Just now, Zoe said:

My parents decided to purposefully have my initials spell ZAP (my dad's spell MAP) after joking about naming me Penelope.

Just reading that makes my tongue hurt.

Just now, Zoe said:

My grandmother wanted to name me Holly Noelle since I was born just after Christmas. That was vetoed.

3 minutes ago, Zoe said:

God. Can you even imagine? You'd think with a name like Fisher you don't have to spell it often, but you do. So then I'd be there going P as in Peter, R, O, K as in kangaroo, O, P as in Peter, I, A as in apple, K as in kangaroo, dash... Fisher, just f-i-s-h-e-r, no c.

I'd perish before I could ever schedule a doctor's appointment.

I went to school with a Greek kid with a name that sounded like papa-cara-lom-bus.  He couldn't get his last letter into those computer forms.

Edited by Barb Bliss

Just now, tgpumpkin said:

Gourdeous castle tray on my way.  Cross that off the list.

There would be a like to this but I ran out reactions as well now.

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

I went to school with a Greek kid with a name that sounded like papa-cara-lom-bus.  He couldn't get his last letter into those computer forms.

Oh gracious!! That's up there with some of the Italian names I've heard.

My middle name is Chester. Named after my grandpops. My initials are MCK. My rap name is MC Konas.

No, I don't rap.

Yes, Chester is a funny name.

5 minutes ago, Zoe said:

Speaking as someone that had initials/name of BS Bliss for half of her live, you definitely don't want PAP.  That would be parent slapping territory.

1 minute ago, Konas said:

My middle name is Chester. Named after my grandpops. My initials are MCK. My rap name is MC Konas.

No, I don't rap.

Cheetos has made that name cool again.

My buddy in college had a friend whose last name was Kontantinanteepolishonchakovsky. We used to input that name into a sports announcer calling a game.

"And Kontantinanteepolishonchakovsky passes to Brooks. Back to Kontantinanteepolishonchakovsky. Then Kontantinanteepolishonchakovsky runs down the lane and stuffs it. Kontantinanteepolishonchakovsky now with 17 points." Shit like that.

Not sure of the spelling but I will never forget how to say it.

3 minutes ago, Konas said:

No, I don't rap.

It could be worse, I had a second cousin who was named after the father: Delberta.

1 minute ago, Konas said:

My buddy in college had a friend whose last name was Kontantinanteepolishonchakovsky. We used to input that name into a sports announcer calling a game.

"And Kontantinanteepolishonchakovsky passes to Brooks. Back to Kontantinanteepolishonchakovsky. Then Kontantinanteepolishonchakovsky runs down the lane and stuffs it. Kontantinanteepolishonchakovsky now with 17 points." Shit like that.

Not sure of the spelling but I will never forget how to say it.

LOL

Just now, Barb Bliss said:

It could be worse, I had a second cousin who was named after the father: Delberta.

And that just makes me think of the comic strip Dilbert

Just now, Barb Bliss said:

Ugh. My good friend's mother's name is Lucretia.

Just now, Konas said:

I worked with a Lucretia once.  I kind of liked it.  There was another woman with Lucinda.  I was always messing their names up until I started calling Lucinda Cindy.

3 minutes ago, Konas said:

The name Lucretia has a different tone when you have played Rise of the Runelords.

42 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Boom!  I successfully spent @tgpumpkin's money!

Please...like this is the FIRST time you've done that.  I'm pretty sure you're in the lead at this point ;) 

I wish I could swing both the adventure box and the tray.  Still, I'm happy to finally have a castle :) 

2 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

Please...like this is the FIRST time you've done that.  I'm pretty sure you're in the lead at this point ;) 

I wish I could swing both the adventure box and the tray.  Still, I'm happy to finally have a castle :) 

It is a very fine looking castle.  I keep thinking about getting a rolling tray (for the times we game at someone else's house and don't have a lot of space) but I keep drifting to the other shiny things.

6 hours ago, Konas said:

BTW, @Zoe got engaged on New Years. Hence, the Mrs. comment.

Oh my gourd I missed this!!!!  Congratulations @Zoe.  That’s awesome.  Sorry I was distracted by the castle tray to offer my sincerest well wishes.  

Also quite an active day in the comments today peeps.  Felt good to chat with all of you for a while there and see some outstanding puns.  Haven’t ran out of “likes” in quite some time.