Konas

New Stuff Coming Out of the Wood Shop

2 hours ago, GhostChopper said:

It’s soo pretty! I don’t know how I’ve missed it before! Does it ever go by another name?

Nope, always Bubinga here. It sells a lot and is hard to work with which could be the reason that we don't see much in stock coming through made with it. It is a standard wood available through our product line. It is also highly variable from board to board.

Just now, Barb Bliss said:

I DO NOT HAVE AN ADDICTION!!!!  I choose to collect things is all, and enjoy the occasional cocktail frequently.  

Ahh.. the first phase.. denial :)

6 minutes ago, Konas said:

Nope, always Bubinga here. It sells a lot and is hard to work with which could be the reason that we don't see much in stock coming through made with it. It is a standard wood available through our product line. It is also highly variable from board to board.

It's one of my favorite woods, especially for things that I get with sculpts.  BoRo, Redheart and Bubinga are definitely my 'go to' woods.

9 minutes ago, Konas said:

How does it do with laser engraving?

6 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

Ahh.. the first phase.. denial :)

Out of reactions again.  All I want for Christmas is more reactions.

My addictions are first and foremost dog sports/stuff, then probably dice. I, like @Konas, like to get new dice for each character... the problem is that I assign them a small color palette and then EVERY time I see dice that fit those colors, I want those dice for that character as well. And then it just never ends.

I also have an earring addiction. It's gotten so bad that people don't know what earrings to get me as gifts anymore.

Oh, and jackets... I have a really bad jacket problem. I may have more jackets than I do shirts. Definitely more jackets than pants or dresses.

7 minutes ago, GhostChopper said:

How does it do with laser engraving?

It's lovely! I may be able to dig up some photos somewhere if you want, but it does great. Bubinga isn't too dark so it always pops.

My favorite pieces of Bubinga are very wavy and have a tonnnn of chatoyancy. We've had a few batches come through recently that were more straight-grained, though, and those are not as exciting.

4 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Out of reactions again.  All I want for Christmas is more reactions.

I think you have a Reaction Addiction...

2 minutes ago, Zoe said:

My addictions are first and foremost dog sports/stuff, then probably dice. I, like @Konas, like to get new dice for each character... the problem is that I assign them a small color palette and then EVERY time I see dice that fit those colors, I want those dice for that character as well. And then it just never ends.

I also have an earring addiction. It's gotten so bad that people don't know what earrings to get me as gifts anymore.

Oh, and jackets... I have a really bad jacket problem. I may have more jackets than I do shirts. Definitely more jackets than pants or dresses.

At least you can see them all year round.  My hosta collection (see the random stuff board --> what's you yard look like for a peek) is only on display about 4 months out of the year.  When they aren't being eating by bugs released by the DNR or being pelted by hail, they look pretty awesome.

Hmmm...outside of my pristine dirt and leaf collection that blows upon the patch from time to time, I currently like collecting:

Board games (duh)

Video Games

Pop Vinyls

Watches

Retro gaming memorabilia.  Love 8 bit and 16 bit art/imagery.  Like 70's and 80 retro art as well

Jackets (me too @Zoe .... me too)

T shirts (I buy more than I should get rid of)

2 minutes ago, Zoe said:

It's lovely! I may be able to dig up some photos somewhere if you want, but it does great. Bubinga isn't too dark so it always pops.

My favorite pieces of Bubinga are very wavy and have a tonnnn of chatoyancy. We've had a few batches come through recently that were more straight-grained, though, and those are not as exciting.

I was thinking Bubinga may make great coasters, especially if the grain is wavy =D

16 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

Hmmm...outside of my pristine dirt and leaf collection that blows upon the patch from time to time, I currently like collecting:

If you looked out side you would think we are collecting Rolly Pollies.  Well, not this time of year anyway, but they do swarm in the spring and through summer.... I used to like them until they started eating my strawberries.

8 minutes ago, WxCougar said:

If you looked out side you would think we are collecting Rolly Pollies.  Well, not this time of year anyway, but they do swarm in the spring and through summer.... I used to like them until they started eating my strawberries.

Rolly Pollies are awesome!!! I'm a bit jelly, I loved playing with those fellas when I was a kid.

...you can always send them my way!

Edited by GhostChopper

Pay no attention to the work computer crap on the table.  My dining room has turned into the game room there we can also occasionally eat.  About 80% of my DMG gear is on this shelf or hanging on the wall (dragon tray).

image.thumb.png.173d0c3ad48532cf14a11047c7b0f8cf.png

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

Pay no attention to the work computer crap on the table.  My dining room has turned into the game room there we can also occasionally eat.  About 80% of my DMG gear is on this shelf or hanging on the wall (dragon tray).

image.thumb.png.173d0c3ad48532cf14a11047c7b0f8cf.png

What type of shelves are those?

2 minutes ago, GhostChopper said:

Ahhh, I was sad I missed that Kickstarter 

They were not cheap, by any means, but I really like the quality and function, and am glad I backed it.

Some slightly better picture of my adic...  uh DMG collection.  Note: pink elephant coco tray and pink ivory die are hard to see on the upper left due to glare and my photography skills.

p.s. The adventure case in lower right is bubinga.

image.png.45a5453c55ca47c34e45e2b6c771a3ad.png

image.png.8b0fad9811cdba65a8f3ffca4c4b95d9.png

Edited by Barb Bliss