Jump to content
Konas

New Stuff Coming Out of the Wood Shop

Recommended Posts

Just now, Barb Bliss said:

Just updated.  It's 89 now.  Dewpoint up to 75 degrees.  So we can sweat like crazy and it won't evaporate.

So I shouldn't share that we are 72 degrees with a 47 dewpoint here right now? ; ).

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WxCougar said:

So I shouldn't share that we are 72 degrees with a 47 dewpoint here right now? ; ).

That is right in my wheelhouse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will be about a month and we'll be seeing 5% humidity during the afternoons.  I do not envy all of you folks in the humid parts of the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, @Serge Darveau, something will be on its way to you soon. This is a shot before its first coat of lacquer. It will be much prettier in a bit.

IMG_9904.JPG

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WxCougar said:

Will be about a month and we'll be seeing 5% humidity during the afternoons.  I do not envy all of you folks in the humid parts of the world.

I'm not excited about the weather here in general, but it could be worse.  I could live near @RomyCat.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Konas said:

Oh, @Serge Darveau, something will be on its way to you soon. This is a shot before its first coat of lacquer. It will be much prettier in a bit.

IMG_9904.JPG

That is cool looking! (Ran out of reactions :) ).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Konas said:

Oh, @Serge Darveau, something will be on its way to you soon. This is a shot before its first coat of lacquer. It will be much prettier in a bit.

IMG_9904.JPG

Is that a dice tower in the making?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I'm not excited about the weather here in general, but it could be worse.  I could live near @RomyCat.

Referring to hot/muggy Mississippi.  I would love to live near you if you would just move to Minnesota.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RomyCat said:

Is that a dice tower in the making?

Absolutely. We are kicking them out. Just 50 this first month but expect to increase production on them by a lot from here on out. Our crew loves to make them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Konas said:

Oh, @Serge Darveau, something will be on its way to you soon. This is a shot before its first coat of lacquer. It will be much prettier in a bit.

IMG_9904.JPG

My precious  :):) 

My precious GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Konas said:

Absolutely. We are kicking them out. Just 50 this first month but expect to increase production on them by a lot from here on out. Our crew loves to make them.

If you guys created a band that went around the dice chamber, could you make it work for wood dice?  That seems like a nice custom add on that you could sell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Barb Bliss said:

If you guys created a band that went around the dice chamber, could you make it work for wood dice?  That seems like a nice custom add on that you could sell.

We could do that. Good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Konas said:

We could do that. Good idea.

I wasn't sure if the obstacles inside made too small of channels, but if not, I can think of several underdogs that would be interested in one or more of those.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I wasn't sure if the obstacles inside made too small of channels, but if not, I can think of several underdogs that would be interested in one or more of those.

@Konas, you could call it an expansion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Referring to hot/muggy Mississippi.  I would love to live near you if you would just move to Minnesota.

I would love to live in Minnesota during the warm months and into the fall. But once deep winter hits and I've enjoyed the snow for a while, I most like will miss our mild winters in Mississippi (but I do which we had more snow, just not mountains of it).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Awww  My padauk stein is back up on the site.

No its not. It is on my desk waiting for testing on Monday. I believe they will all make it back to you soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RomyCat said:

I would love to live in Minnesota during the warm months and into the fall. But once deep winter hits and I've enjoyed the snow for a while, I most like will miss our mild winters in Mississippi (but I do which we had more snow, just not mountains of it).

It really comes down to would you rather have a LOT more bugs or shovel snow.  I'll take the snow.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

If you guys created a band that went around the dice chamber, could you make it work for wood dice?  That seems like a nice custom add on that you could sell.

Hmm, my leopardwood dice actually does fit inside my leopardwood dice tower. The only dice I can't put through it is my Polyhero dice, but that D20 is much larger and the other dice are odd shaped. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Konas said:

No its not. It is on my desk waiting for testing on Monday. I believe they will all make it back to you soon.

My exchanged stein.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Konas said:

Absolutely. We are kicking them out. Just 50 this first month but expect to increase production on them by a lot from here on out. Our crew loves to make them.

They're probably just tired of making CoCos :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thomas Browne said:

They're probably just tired of making CoCos :D

 

Hah. Yes, that is absolutely it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

It really comes down to would you rather have a LOT more bugs or shovel snow.  I'll take the snow.

Same. I'll take winter over muggy, hot summer days ANY time. I love the cold. Humidity is the death of me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zoe said:

Same. I'll take winter over muggy, hot summer days ANY time. I love the cold. Humidity is the death of me.

Should come out this way. We do hit 90s and into the 100s but our humidity is very very low.  We do get snow in the winter but not mounds of it : ).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some more pics of the new prototypes. I am very pleased with how these are turning out. They feel really good in the hand. A good size. Massive capacity.

IMG_9905.JPG

IMG_9906.JPG

IMG_9907.JPG

IMG_9909.JPG

IMG_9910.JPG

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×